Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By the light of the silvery moon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only want to re-emphasize one point: If you are still BF'ing, you will need to completely cut out all peanut products
. I, personally, would even go as far as to cut out foods that are possibly cross-contaminated with peanuts and tree nuts. He may or may not be allergic to tree nuts, but tree nut products and peanut products are often process on the same mfg. lines -- and peanut oils & residue are sticky, so it will adhere to other foods.
The likelihood of outgrowing a peanut allergy is about 20%. The chances will greatly diminish if his immune system continues to have to deal with peanut traces. Your best bet is to avoid, avoid, avoid until he is old enough to have reliable allergy testing done to see if he has outgrown the allergy.
Another very informative site with a wonderful supportive community is "Kids with Food Allergies." You do not need to pay to join, but you can pay to upgrade your membership. They used to waive fees for those who couldn't afford to pay -- I'm not sure if that is still the case.http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/
Laura - Mom to ds (10) and dd (7) "Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life." Brian Andreas.