October 2010 Chat! - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#931 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Annie is now running through my head. My bag is packed. One Enjoy Life chocolate crisp bar, roasted pumpkin seeds, rice crackers, 2 peanut butter/rice cake sandwiches, 1 hazelnut chocolate milk drink box. Am I going to do okay for 3 days with that? I swear I'm worrying more about the food than anything else (okay, not true, I'm terrified of the pain). I guess I can have DH bring me something from the freezer and I can get someone to microwave it for me.
Hugs. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#932 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Kathy do you have homeopathic Arnica Montana for pain relief? My friend's mom had a mastectomy and that is all she needed for pain.

I think you'll need more food for three days.
I have Arnica gel for my back, and homeopathic Arnica drops as well. I'd forgotten about them though. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
*I* would need more food and it sounds like you would as well, since starting your thyroid meds. (My appetite ramped up too, and although it has calmed down some, it's still not nearly as low as it used to be.) Hopefully going on thyroid meds will have done for your healing what it has done for mine (increasing the speed of recovery).
You have your custom pain meds, right?
We will all be thinking of and praying for you.
I have the custom pain meds but I can't use them for 5 days before/after surgery because it's got an NSAID in there and I can't have any anti-inflammatories because of possible bleeding issues. But I'll be using them after that, I'm sure!!

I'm hoping I can do fruits, vegetables, and maybe some hard boiled eggs or something at the hospital. I'll have DH bring me food each night.

My mother went to King Arthur last week when she was in VT. She got me a gluten free cake enhancer (rice starch and corn-free emulsifier). And just so you know, their xanthan gum for their gluten free line is corn free too!! I might have to try those mixes one of these days.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#933 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

My mother went to King Arthur last week when she was in VT. She got me a gluten free cake enhancer (rice starch and corn-free emulsifier). And just so you know, their xanthan gum for their gluten free line is corn free too!! I might have to try those mixes one of these days.
That is AWESOME to know!!!! Yay!!! Do you know if that includes their straight xantham gum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Yeah - I wasn't trying to discourage pizza consumption, just don't read a whole lot of meaning into whatever happens .
No worries, I knew what meant. That said, DS hasn't mentioned eating the pizza there and seems to intend to eat mine. If he doesn't ask, that's what we'll do, and then he'll only have some fresh tomato (took less than a whole tomato do the whole pizza!) and cheese, no other possible allergens.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#934 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM

November! Where's the year gone?!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#935 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is AWESOME to know!!!! Yay!!! Do you know if that includes their straight xantham gum?
I don't know. Call and ask. They were very helpful when I called.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#936 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM

That beeswax looks fun! DS sold me all his candy and used the money he earned ($6.50! lol) to buy a fun toy at Target today. He chose to keep a few pieces, including a couple starburst candies. He spent the morning rolling and molding them like clay. Poor kid really misses playdough.

Sals have been an interesting experiment so far. We're not avoiding them completely, especially with the candy influx this weekend and we keep "accidentally" giving him sals, or he insists on eating something I've told him not to. But I *think* I see improvements just cutting them way down. He drank some apple juice last night and an apple this morning and had a very negative emotional reaction.

I talked to him about how the apple this morning and the juice last night made him feel and he decided that he's "allergic" to apples... not quite right, but if it keeps him somewhat compliant I'm happy.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#937 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
2 different people
I think M2S meant pics of her baby.

ds2 running head-butted me in the mouth and one of my teeth went nearly entirely through my lip.
Ouch! Hoping for quick healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Oh, and the cell salts thread made me wonder if the trace amounts of dairy we've always been eating (ghee since the beginning, then the cell salts, and recently butter) are a problem for DS. So we've been without for maybe a week now? I was hoping to see him stay dry at night, my attempt at using a pre-made blend of Chinese herbs has failed and I think this is going to fail as well. I'll keep out the dairy for the remainder of the week, I think, but I don't think I'm seeing anything change.
Doesn't dairy take 2-3 weeks to get completely out of your system?

Does your family have any history of night-wetting? There's a hormone responsible for concentrating urine while you sleep, and apparently some kids just don't make enough. Of course you probably already know this and there's really a nutritional basis.

Anyway, both of my sisters and a few of my nieces and nephews were night-wetters until very late childhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
And DS's new glasses should be ready today. Yippee!
Yay! I get excited about glasses. I'm a dork like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Oh yeah- after the accidental apple juice incident last night, I threw DD in a baking soda bath. (It was one of the things on the vitamin K protocol that we do every so often.) She slept reasonably well. So would the soda be enough to alkalize the body after a sals reaction (if that's what it was)???
Ooh I've got to try this if I can get DS to agree to a bath when he's in his mood. How much bs do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksie68 View Post
Yeah, my DD knew there would be very little she would get to eat out of the ToT bag; I guess knowing she could give it to daddy to eat made her feel better (Although even when not on a restrictive diet, we ended up throwing most of the candy away - just didn't eat it all) But it is a tradition, and my daughter loves to go out with her best friend in her neighborhood (we live in a more rural area where the houses are more spread out - I don't think we've ever had a ToTer show up in the 8+ years we've lived here). It was my son's first time tonight, and it was the cutest sight EVER - the sweet way he said trick or treat, thank you and bye - adorable!
I officially love ToT as of yesterday. My kids are old enough now that they totally "get it" including all the etiquette. They were so cute knocking on all the doors and shouting "Trick or Treat!" then politely thanking everyone.

We told them the "sugar sprite" was coming and would take their candy and leave them a small prize, or they could "sell it" to me for .25 per "safe" piece (after I took out all the non-gf stuff.) DS1 chose to sell it, but DS2 chose to leave his candy out for the sprite and was very happy this morning to find his "purprise" waiting for him. I was VERY happy not having endless days of sugar-induced craziness around here. (They also could have chosen to keep their safe candy but I didn't exactly encourage that option lol.)

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#938 of 938 Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

tsfairy--you saw November's thread, right? For you and anyone else new, we (usually JR) start a new thread each month, if JR is really on the ball it's actually on the 1st. I think we got to the 4th once without any of us noticing it was a new month yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page