Nimbly Gnoshing our way through November Chat! - Page 30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#871 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanksgiving accidental gluten exposure seems to have tipped me over to ppd.  ugh. Tough to deal with while have reactive kids.  Per new MD advice, trying fish oil for myself, I think baby is reacting to to the citrus oil with green mucousy poops, reflux, poor napping, constant nursing. double ugh.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#872 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 AM

How useful is a pressure cooker?  I can get a really good one right now for a really good price.

Macy's is having their FF sale.  Usually they exclude a lot of stuff but right now I can get 25% off All-clad and 25% off fagor.  Do I do it?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#873 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

Thanksgiving accidental gluten exposure seems to have tipped me over to ppd.  ugh. Tough to deal with while have reactive kids.  Per new MD advice, trying fish oil for myself, I think baby is reacting to to the citrus oil with green mucousy poops, reflux, poor napping, constant nursing. double ugh.

Hugs.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#874 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 AM

:hugs Amy  I wish I could come over there and take care of you, even just for a little bit.

Carren, I use our pressure cooker for last minute bone broth.  For that, it's a life saver.  I don't do veggies in it, though, cause dh seems to react and it scares me.  I've done plain meats, though, that works well as a time saver too.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#875 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Oh no, dear! Take it easy...fish oil really helped my pp anxiety. I took 3 T/day of Carlson's for as long as a bottle lasted and then reduced my dose. Is there anything plain you can find? I was contemplating krill oil for dd since it is about the only thing I can find w/o soy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

How useful is a pressure cooker?  I can get a really good one right now for a really good price.

Macy's is having their FF sale.  Usually they exclude a lot of stuff but right now I can get 25% off All-clad and 25% off fagor.  Do I do it?

I have never seen a need for a pressure cooker. My dad does a few things in one, mainly tougher cuts of meat I think, and I didn't see any difference between that and the crockpot except for time.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#876 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 AM

hug2.gif Amy!!!

We're filling up our 23andme tube right now (I'm typing 1-handed while holding the tube under DD's mouth) and O.M.F.G. this is taking forever. I think we're about done, and we've been at it for 45 minutes.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#877 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM

oh man I forgot about the soy.  she is really sensitive to that. 

hope whole foods has something soy and citrus free.

any ideas of fish or krill oil online?

need to get DS2 to fill up his tube also.  He is such a cranky pants today that I'm not sure if I should try.

#878 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM

All that I can say about high vitamin D is that I haven't been sick in 2 years.  After facing pneumonia in Dec. several years ago, this is huge for me. 

#879 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 AM

For CLO, Twinlabs is soy-free. But I don't know about any fish oils.

#880 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:

oh man I forgot about the soy.  she is really sensitive to that. 

hope whole foods has something soy and citrus free.

any ideas of fish or krill oil online?

I have not been able to find a fish oil w/o soy but I was discounting the capsules (for dd anyway). Oh I remember! There is some salmon oil somewhere. Let me find it! Vital Choice - that's what I was thinking of!

http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=h&idCategory=239

From my limited research, there are quite a few krill oils that do not have soy, including Mercola's. We have Vitamin Shoppe around here and they started carrying Dr. Mercola's line. Also, it seems as if most if not all krill oil is from one company called Neptune's something and it is trademarked as "NKO". I think Source Naturals had one. I was trying to research how it is extracted, as my local trad foods list has been hotly debating krill oil.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#881 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 03:13 PM

thanks for oil recs. I found Carlson's in capsule so no flavors or soy. Hope it is as fresh as the liquid kind.

Feeling hugely better. The combination of Panser helping me and Intuitive Jamie doing a reiki session with me has made me feel like me.

They are both such phenomenal women. I want to be like them when I grow up.

Panser has me on a few FEs. One I thought would be useful here is olive. It is for when you are utterly exhausted both physically and mentally and just can't keep on going. Sounds like many of us.

#882 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Jr- really inspired by your baking kit. Can you talk about it a little morel? I try to make a homemade gift for each child every year.
I was thinking of making toaster oven kits so that my 4 year old could be totally independent. I could put all the dry ingredients for each baking session in a paper bag and list the liquids on the bag. I would like to get a muffin tin, cake tin and round pizza pan. Need to figure out how to make my recipes smaller.

#883 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM

is there a December thread? I couldn't find it?

Pat

I have a blog.
#884 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 PM

NO! If we stay in November forever, then I never have to deal with all the holiday madness. orngtongue.gif

#885 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

CS, I threw in the towel and started the December thread.  I think I'm supposed to link it...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1282964/delicious-december-2010-chat

Oh, I got my box today, haven't opened it.  Guess it's gonna be fun to get enough spit from the kids?  Yay.  orngtongue.gif

#886 of 886 Old 12-01-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Jr- really inspired by your baking kit. Can you talk about it a little morel? I try to make a homemade gift for each child every year.
I was thinking of making toaster oven kits so that my 4 year old could be totally independent. I could put all the dry ingredients for each baking session in a paper bag and list the liquids on the bag. I would like to get a muffin tin, cake tin and round pizza pan. Need to figure out how to make my recipes smaller.

haha, not that sophisticated (yet). we don't have a toaster oven (yet). will answer in December chat. :love

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page