Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Leigh

I finally heard a heartbeat this morning!! I've been checking with my fetoscope every few days, since this is around the time in pregnancy that most people can hear with the fetoscope... and I finally got it!!
I gave in 2.5 weeks ago at my 20wk appointment with my MW. I hadn't felt any movement yet, and was having a complete lack of intuitive feelings about the baby. I was starting to get freaked out by the complete absence of the feelings I was expecting to have. So when she mentioned the doppler I said ok.

I really wanted to avoid doppler and U/S during the first half, but I'm less worried about occasional quick use in the second half. And since I am having an anatomical U/S, it seemed silly to stress over a few secs of doppler a few days before.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
I'm wondering if cutting out gluten was possibly a very important thing that you did. Gluten does such weird stuff to people and has such an ability to mess up digestion--I'm not sure cell salts can overcome that when you've seen such good things due to cutting out gluten--considering you're family, I mean.
I'm nearly positive that she and my mom have exactly the same issues with wheat as I do. They're both in really bad shape, teeth, migraines, digestive issues, etc. But neither is willing to make any changes to their diet. /sigh

Quote:
(yes, I have been vaccinated, at least 2x, possibly a third right before college, I am _so_ excited about the efficacy of that vaccine ).
mumps cracks me up. Seems like nearly every time there's an outbreak, it's in a vaccinated population. Yet everyone is told to run out and get a booster immediately, oh but don't panic b/c it's a very mild illness.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

2 second update before I rush around
got remedy for ds1- calc phos

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 11-05-2010, 05:06 PM

I have a kid asleep leaning on me. We are all happier when he doesn't nap, but some days he just can't make it. I loaded him up with chocolate and still he couldn't keep awake. I am sure he is not getting enough sleep on a regular basis, and it seems to catch up with him every few days and he dozes off somewhere for a little while.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Ooooo... forgot the BEST part of the night!

I had a fabulous conversation about how adrenal and thyroid issues are often intertwined with one of their doctors, Dr. Ivy:

http://www.grotondentalwellness.com/...harise_Ivy_MD/

she goes... "Do you like to read health books? You might be interested in Mark Starr's book, Hypothyroidism Type 2".

I'm totally going to her if my current functional med doctor doesn't work out. She said she has been down the same road, all her hormones tested low, thyroid, adrenal, sex hormones and she's gradually rebuilt herself... and things didn't come together until adding thyroid. Her pic linked above shows a puffy hypoT look doesn't it? She absolutely looks different now.

Chlobo, she has a scheduled monthly talk in the evenings I'd like to go to if you are interested too.
I'd love to go. She sounds like someone I'd like to speak with. I wonder if I switch to her from the other doc if I have to pay the hefty upfront thing. Dang, I wish I had gone. Everything is sort of falling apart over here this week and I have a party to throw tomorrow. So not up for it.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

just letting me know you're here?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM

Old 11-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
I check in a lot too, well, some days. When I don't, everyone gets super-chatty.

Got the new glasses, got a cranky, whiny daughter, glad it's Quiet Time here. Double glad it's a weekend, and one with nice weather!

Dog is coming back from the vet, he was there for a minor surgery today to deal with his -- doggie TMI alert -- infected anal gland/something else I hadn't heard of near his anus. There was lancing and such involved, but the simple solution of 10 days of antibiotics didn't help, so hopefully lancing and draining and irrigating will do it. Fun times, poor dog.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I check in a lot too, well, some days. When I don't, everyone gets super-chatty.

Got the new glasses, got a cranky, whiny daughter, glad it's Quiet Time here. Double glad it's a weekend, and one with nice weather!

Dog is coming back from the vet, he was there for a minor surgery today to deal with his -- doggie TMI alert -- infected anal gland/something else I hadn't heard of near his anus. There was lancing and such involved, but the simple solution of 10 days of antibiotics didn't help, so hopefully lancing and draining and irrigating will do it. Fun times, poor dog.
Poor puppy.
Yay for glasses!!

LOL at Leigh. I'm here a LOT too... some days I have a lot to say, some days not so much.

Gave DS a BS/Epsom salts bath. He was WILD and is much calmer now. We might make it through today.

Having a little "party" tonight - my mom is bringing a few of her kids over to play with mine since DH will be out doing a show - there will be eggnog/fakenog, gluten and sal free cookies, and much mayhem. My kids will love it.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Ooh, finally got a hold of our DO, got appointments for both kids for next Wednesday, late in the afternoon. I'm so psyched, and I think I'm going to set up appointments for myself as well. The lymph nodes (I think?) under my jaw haven't felt the same since our mumps experience--I think there's stuff that I'm low-level sensitive to that I haven't been willing to completely cut out and that's irritating them.
Who do you see? PM me if you want.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:48 PM

Some days I come check in and there are 3 new pages.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfairy View Post
Who do you see? PM me if you want.
She's in Katy, here's her addy...

http://www.osteodockaty.info/Welcome...r.%20Judy.html

Her receptionist, Marilyn, is really helpful about calling insurance and figuring out charges beforehand.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 PM

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloose View Post

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Hey, this is just wrong. No name changes, especially not big ones!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, this is just wrong. No name changes, especially not big ones!
You're one to talk! I suppose yours wasn't that big... But I did give pseudo warning.

I feel like I finally am coming back from the dark side of the moon. A series of fortunate events have me back on my feet, waking up to the world around me. And it's a MESS I want to clean it up (!!!) but I'm down sick Anyway, with the new mdc coming (with no more username changes) and new perspectives on life, it was time.

Anyone know the song?
On the loose to climb a mountain
On the loose where I am free
On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be

Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Are you sure you want to change your username? There are thousands of references all over the internet directing people to your posts and threads here, and now they won't be able to find them.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Our cat once had to have his anal glands expressed. Bet that was fun.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:

In my drug/pain induced state, I have no idea who this is. DH unwrapped my ace bandage to see how far up the bubbly rash went... about an inch below my incision. And he said it was all up my back too. So he slathered hyrdocortisone all over me, and I'm still taking benadryl. Itchiness on top of pain is not good. My left side definitely hurts worse than my right for some reason. My mother went back home for the weekend so DH gets to take care of me. They told me to take a stool softener because the pain meds would cause constipation. I looked at all the ingredients in them and it was a no-go. So what do you think if I just increase the Mg instead?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM

It's ChangingSeasons. I had to read her siggie to figure it out! lol

Kathy, I'm so sorry you are itchy on top of everything else. I know how I felt all week, and it was torturous, so I cannot even imagine feeling that way on top of healing from surgery. May you find a drug-induced stupor to hide in until it passes...

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's ChangingSeasons. I had to read her siggie to figure it out! lol
You meant whoMe, I think, since changingseasons was the first person to respond to the new username. You have _no_idea_ how long it's taken me to get the names straight. I'm bad enough with new names in real life--and there I've got a face, a person's gestures, a voice to work with--my brain is not well-adapted for the Internet. Maybe I can epigenetically improve that in myself?

NewUseName (will need to work on learning it)--if you gave us a heads-up, I'm missing a world of subtlety around here. And hey, when I changed my username, I kept the tanya part of it (cause I admit, I have no creativity).
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM

Surgeon just called with the pathology report: all clear!! WWWWoooo Hhhoooooo!! Dodged that bullet. I'm pretty sore tonight. Can't wait until the rash goes away. I think I'll go back to sleep. Just wanted to share my good news.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Um, yeah. So I'm confused too I guess. I'm horrible with names too. Dam, I thought I was so smart! ROFL!!!

On another 'aha' moment of mine, I was all excited about that Bob's Red Mill sale on amazon when a lightbulb went off for me. I have a Vitamix. Why the heck am I buying all these rice flours and such???? I was already excited when I was at Costco and found a 12lb bag or organic brown rice for $13 (vs the $4 or so I was paying for 2lbs or less elsewhere). We didn't eat tons of rice before these changes....preferred crusty bread lol. At any rate, um, why don't I grind up my own rice at $1 or so a pound vs the $2 a lb sale??? Duh. Guess I'll be buying a bulk bag of white rice next time I'm there too! I mean, I even have a food saver, it's not like any of it will get stale if it takes us 6 months to go through it. I also got buttload of raw cashews in a Tierra Farm buy...so I can have cashew butter for less than $4 a lb vs $8-10 at the store. What else can I grind? Oh, quinoa flour, oat flour....if only gluten-free oats could be bought cheap, I'd be all set!!!! Amazon has a good price, but I'd rather get my cheap Quaker ones at Costco for 1/4 the price...sigh.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Surgeon just called with the pathology report: all clear!! WWWWoooo Hhhoooooo!! Dodged that bullet. I'm pretty sore tonight. Can't wait until the rash goes away. I think I'll go back to sleep. Just wanted to share my good news.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

subtle name change heads up was "if anyone was planning a name change, do it now while you can" (paraphrased).

Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
subtle name change heads up was "if anyone was planning a name change, do it now while you can" (paraphrased).

:yawning

Old 11-05-2010, 11:21 PM

I want to change my name too but am feeling really stuck.

Babe is reacting to my sals reaction to coconut poor thing. Tough night last night. Bizarrely frequent repetition of chamomilia last night helped tremendously. So happy I had my pendulum to guide me.

Wonderful, wonderful news Kathy!!!!!!!!

Love the new name

Yay for heartbeats!!

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Sorry you're so itchy Kathy. That has got to be miserable.

The kitchen floor is DONE. It's not exactly what we wanted, and I'm not completely pleased with how it turned out, but I'm over it. I may have to do a couple touch-ups tomorrow (hope not!) but otherwise, we just wait for a week or two for the wax to cure and then I have a kitchen again!! Well really, I'll be able to use the kitchen in a few days... just not move the stove and fridge back in yet.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.

User Tag List