Allergen-free probiotic for gut healing? - Mothering Forums
Allergies > Allergen-free probiotic for gut healing?
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 02:35 PM 11-03-2010
I'm looking for a heavy-duty, allergen-free probiotic that I can take (and so can the boys) to help in our gut healing. We are now finally all dairy/casein free (we've been gluten free for 3 1/2 years). I have pain/discomfort in my lower-right colon area most times something is passing through, and ds#3 still gets what he calls his "stomach hurting". I would like to get something strong in us that will survive the stomach and get into the GI tract to help heal previous damage, but do not know what is out there that is GF, CF/DF, and good. Any suggestions? Thanks!

FairyRae's Avatar FairyRae 05:12 PM 11-03-2010
We've had success w/ custom probiotics (http://customprobiotics.com)

He sent us a sample for free to try out. My ds has been through many and reacted to them all, until the custom probiotics d-lactate kind. I'd totally recommend it. He seems to do better all over when he's taking it regularly. (He is gluten, dairy, corn, soy + free, just fyi!)

HTH!
HRJ's Avatar HRJ 06:34 PM 11-03-2010
Innate or Klaire Labs
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 06:52 PM 11-03-2010
Quote:
We've had success w/ custom probiotics (http://customprobiotics.com)

He sent us a sample for free to try out. My ds has been through many and reacted to them all, until the custom probiotics d-lactate kind. I'd totally recommend it. He seems to do better all over when he's taking it regularly. (He is gluten, dairy, corn, soy + free, just fyi!)

HTH!
Thank you for the link. I am going to seriously consider it ... curious question though: how long does one bottle last for you of the D-Lactate free powder? I think that would be very good for my younger two and am curious the cost long-term.
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 06:53 PM 11-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRJ View Post
Innate or Klaire Labs
I haven't heard of them ... I'm off to google.
deditus's Avatar deditus 07:11 PM 11-03-2010
Custom Probiotics and Pharmax HLC Intensive have been the best for me. I also like Klaire for dd, haven't looked to see if they are strong enough for me. Dd hasn't been able to take the CP or Pharmax, either she reacts to something in them or they are just.too.strong. Even with enzymes, clay, mag, and lots of die-off control stuff, she still gets severely constipated from them and a bad rash.
HRJ's Avatar HRJ 12:02 PM 11-04-2010
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 01:52 PM 11-04-2010
Great information ... I will be looking into all three this weekend and talking with dh. It's interesting that some react to some but not to others; I never even considered that for probiotics.
JaneS's Avatar JaneS 02:18 PM 11-04-2010
FWIW I found Custom Probiotics to be nothing special at all and I wanted to like it b/c I spent so much $$ on it!!
Up