Can Candida cause allergies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2010, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a quick background--my 2.5 year old has had multiple severe food allergies since infancy. He is allergic to 6 of the top 8 food allergens and has an epi-pen for 4 foods since he's in danger of anaphylaxis. All food allergies were diagnosed through an allopathic allergist through skin prick and RAST. The dr also made the comment after his RAST that he produces an unusual amount of IgE antibodies to all foods, even those that don't meet the threshold for allergy.

My thoughts are that leaky gut is an issue with him, and I've been trying to treat him for that. However, a friend mentioned today that candida can cause food allergies. She recommended Threelac to get rid of candida. I hadn't heard of the connection between candida and food allergies before. Any thoughts on this? Helpful links? TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am by no means an expert but..This is the route we are going with my dd. She is 7 months old and has been showing lots of signs of food sensitivity since soon after birth. I have been eliminating foods but similtaneously trying to treat both of us for suspected Candida/leaky gut. She's doing well so I think I might be on to something. As far as I know Candida causes leaky gut, right?

User Tag List