Mothering Forum banner

Rubio's Anyone? Eating Out this Week!

503 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sraplayas 
#1 ·
Tomorrow we are heading up to see family for Thanksgiving & we will be stopping for dinner. Considering DD's and DS's allergies, I am wondering where oh where can we eat?

We'll be in San Diego, where there are lots of Rubio's (fish tacos & more). They have a page on their site with allergens, and it says that they use soy sauce in just about everything, but then it says that the same item is G-free. How can this be?

For those of you with: corn, nut, gluten, yeast & poultry allergies, what do you do for eating out? We just don't do it much anymore but we are fairly new to the ED and this is our first Holiday!
dizzy.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
There is gluten free soy sauces our there so that could explain that one. Are you looking for fast dinner or sit down? What part of San Diego are you going to be in? If you like fish Anthony's is a great fish house who is pretty flexible with allergies. You can also try Outback Steakhouse. Umm, If you give me the area of town I can be a little more specific with ideas.

Hopefully this reply is not to late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

Tomorrow we are heading up to see family for Thanksgiving & we will be stopping for dinner. Considering DD's and DS's allergies, I am wondering where oh where can we eat?

We'll be in San Diego, where there are lots of Rubio's (fish tacos & more). They have a page on their site with allergens, and it says that they use soy sauce in just about everything, but then it says that the same item is G-free. How can this be?

For those of you with: corn, nut, gluten, yeast & poultry allergies, what do you do for eating out? We just don't do it much anymore but we are fairly new to the ED and this is our first Holiday!
dizzy.gif

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

We ate at Rubio's on the way & Chipotle on the way back. At each place they seemed to have a protocol for allergies and were very helpful. I know that at each place there is no way to totally avoid cross-cont. and also not sure what they cook their beans in at chipotle--b/c alot can hide in "spices".

However, we made it through the weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.