Delicious December 2010 Chat - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it possible that you're seeing die off as her gut rebalances to accept the new enzymes, CS? If you have a "bad feeling" about it, I would stop. Let's all face the fact that you're her mom and you've gotta go with your instincts.Really tired.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#362 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

Is it possible that you're seeing die off as her gut rebalances to accept the new enzymes, CS? If you have a "bad feeling" about it, I would stop. Let's all face the fact that you're her mom and you've gotta go with your instincts.Really tired.

I have absolutely no clue. We've had this this of mystery (good? bad?) reaction every time we've tried any kind of supplement. greensad.gif I want to give it a chance if it's going to benefit her, but I also don't want to risk it doing more harm than good. And how on earth am I supposed to figure out which one it is?!? Arg. This poor kid is starving all the time, and I have got to figure something out for her. I don't want to do elemental formula. I don't, I don't, I don't. gloomy.gif.

eta: After posting, we had another bad poop... with mucus and blood. We're done with the enzymes. sigh.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#363 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Quote:

I have absolutely no clue. We've had this this of mystery (good? bad?) reaction every time we've tried any kind of supplement. greensad.gif I want to give it a chance if it's going to benefit her, but I also don't want to risk it doing more harm than good. And how on earth am I supposed to figure out which one it is?!? Arg. This poor kid is starving all the time, and I have got to figure something out for her. I don't want to do elemental formula. I don't, I don't, I don't. gloomy.gif.

eta: After posting, we had another bad poop... with mucus and blood. We're done with the enzymes. sigh.

<totally unhelpful post>

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#364 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

What is this about dry lips being a symptom of vit A deficiency?  I usually have dry lips.  

Dry, cracking/peeling lips for me is either dehydration or vitamin A.  If it's the corners of my mouth, it's riboflavin.  Lately, though, I've been doing super mega vit A (50,000IU/day for a couple weeks) and seeing all sorts of other good changes.  So I'd say it's a later stage A deficiency sign for me.

Quote:

Sorry but which enzymes are these?

ds2 apparently ate something he shouldn't have, judging by his poop and the rash on his bum.

I'm considering trialling eggs over the holidays for DS1. Apparently, SMIL fed him eggs when I was in the hospital after having DS3. Hmm. I can't think back that far. :p Any suggestions for wheat/gluten, dairy, nut/coconut, berry, banana and soy free recipes which contain just one egg? I'd prefer to start with a small amount, I think... Thoughts on that? Start small or give him eggs for breakfast? orngtongue.gif

Speaking of SMIL, she's trying to put together a "safe" Christmas meal for him (and us). I'm really wary, after reading all the stories on here... although she says she's going to okay the menu with me before she makes it because she'd "like for everyone to be eating the same thing." DS1 almost cried when I told him that.

1 egg... cookies?  and joy.gifhappytears.giffor SMIL!!!!!

Quote:

:(

I get bad poop from increasing enzymes, but it maxes after a couple days then symptoms improve.  It sounds like hers are getting worse :(  I wonder if you can find just straight amylase or sucrase or something?  Any chance it was a food she was reacting to plus a die off reaction?  Or maybe die off that makes her more sensitive to other foods.  This sucks.  I wish there were a way to know if things were good bad symptoms or just flat out bad ones.  Blah.

eta: JR wins with cookies.  Good thing I made both.  The cake is yummier.  Dd is thrilled with the cookies.  She ate them for breakfast, and is now ruining her dinner with them.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#365 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloose View Post

Dry, cracking/peeling lips for me is either dehydration or vitamin A.  If it's the corners of my mouth, it's riboflavin.  Lately, though, I've been doing super mega vit A (50,000IU/day for a couple weeks) and seeing all sorts of other good changes.  So I'd say it's a later stage A deficiency sign for me.

1 egg... cookies?  and joy.gifhappytears.giffor SMIL!!!!!

:(

I get bad poop from increasing enzymes, but it maxes after a couple days then symptoms improve.  It sounds like hers are getting worse :(  I wonder if you can find just straight amylase or sucrase or something?  Any chance it was a food she was reacting to plus a die off reaction?  Or maybe die off that makes her more sensitive to other foods.  This sucks.  I wish there were a way to know if things were good bad symptoms or just flat out bad ones.  Blah.

eta: JR wins with cookies.  Good thing I made both.  The cake is yummier.  Dd is thrilled with the cookies.  She ate them for breakfast, and is now ruining her dinner with them.

I was thinking maybe cookies. :)

I'll be waiting for my quarter. winky.gif

#366 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 PM

There is a serious gloomy cloud over a lot of us, lately. Grr. 

Amy - healing vibes. 

Caren - I've always wanted to be on a jury, but not now with small kids. Aside from the familial inconvenience was it as interesting as I imagine these things to be?  

Kathy - hope the plastic surgeon's visit went well. And yay for seeing your dog!

Shannon - got a recipe for the gingerbread? probably not grain-free, huh? 

JR - that's frustrating about lunch. Is there anyway to keep a cache of safe stuff at school for him, for these just in case moments, to get the school off your back (I agree, though, the amount of food you sent him is enough to hold him over till he gets home)? 

Jess - sorry about the on-going mystery rxn. I can sympathize with not knowing what to feed your kid and the resultant food anxiety that gives them. Lily often will announce that xyz food(s) make her sick or we shouldn't have them anymore b/c she thinks they are giving her a rxn. :(  I've been researching elemental formulas for a few weeks now, but I don't even know what I would use... 

RIght now, Lily has the worst eczema she's had in YEARS lately. Between a glutening on Halloween and xcon at Tday, we're just wrecked. She is bloody and oozy up and down both arms, across her neck & chest, down her thighs and behind her knees, with mysterious "pimply" spots all over her torso, legs & bum... Plus DARK circles under her eyes, and serious brain/behavior issues. Surprisingly, her poop is okay, but we're on pancreatin enzymes. After Jan 1, we are for sure doing full intro GAPS. I'm hoping we can reboot our guts and make some ground on the healing. Anyway, I'm so focused on getting through the day and just figuring out what to put on the table, I can barely string two words together anymore. I'm starting to obsess and it's wearing off on the kids. Tomorrow I am going to go outside and make a snowman with the kids, then we can all come inside and take a hot epsom salt bath. That's the plan. Hope I can stick to it and not going into an obsessive cleaning frenzy again. (Ahem, yesterday...) 

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#367 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Hugs to all who need it.   I really hope the black cloud lifts soon.

On the jury, I think it would have been interesting if I didn't think that the case should not have made it to court.  I really feel like there should be a minimum standard, which this case did not meet.  Although it was clear at the outset of deliberations that not everyone shared my view.  Thankfully, after not too much time, we were able to persuade the other jurors to our side.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#368 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM

just wanted to say 'hi'........haven't been here in ages but am back soaking up all your wisdom.....

#369 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM

Kathy, I hope the plastic surgeon visit went well.
Quote:

Speaking of SMIL, she's trying to put together a "safe" Christmas meal for him (and us). I'm really wary, after reading all the stories on here... although she says she's going to okay the menu with me before she makes it because she'd "like for everyone to be eating the same thing." DS1 almost cried when I told him that.
awww, that's so sweet of your SMIL. Hopefully there are no surprises, but it sounds like she's really trying.
Quote:

awww man greensad.gif Sorry about the reaction greensad.gif

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#370 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:

What would be dying off though? All her tests show no bacterial overgrowth, no parasites, etc...

Hugs nessa. I hope you guys get a break soon. greensad.gif

eta: And JR- now I'm really curious what you wrote and erased. I'm sure it wasn't unhelpful at all.

#371 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What would be dying off though? All her tests show no bacterial overgrowth, no parasites, etc...

Hugs nessa. I hope you guys get a break soon. greensad.gif

eta: And JR- now I'm really curious what you wrote and erased. I'm sure it wasn't unhelpful at all.

It was just me going over the two sides of the elemental formula debate "out loud", which I'm sure you've done a billion times yourself.

eta: Could someone clue me in as to what sorts of hormonal changes occur during ovulation?

#372 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:

I'm considering trialling eggs over the holidays for DS1. Apparently, SMIL fed him eggs when I was in the hospital after having DS3. Hmm. I can't think back that far. :p Any suggestions for wheat/gluten, dairy, nut/coconut, berry, banana and soy free recipes which contain just one egg? I'd prefer to start with a small amount, I think... Thoughts on that? Start small or give him eggs for breakfast? orngtongue.gif

privateeyes.gif and notes.gif. cuz I've still been chicken to reintro them......(aw man, just read that, but didn't mean to be punny....)

I think that's great that she is trying and is keyed into your DS's feelings and experience with food restriction.  I only wish my SMIL could be so open and understanding.....as a matter of fact, I wonder if she would deliberately use/serve our restricted foods (as she did this summer when we went for a couple of meals....)

So on the no nap front, DS pulled (luckily the freshly emptied) bookcase in the room on himself - he scared the living crap out of himself  AND me.  I asked him if he were going to climb up it again since if fell on him, and bless his heart, he said softly "Yes.".  Kinda funny.  Oh, and we did have it strapped to the wall, but even after questioning my DH as to whether only one strap was enough, he thought it was.  So after he said he fixed/replaced the strap I asked him if he added another one, he said no. duh.gif

So we'll see how that'll work out.

Becky, mom to two - DD ('00) and DS ('08)
#373 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:

It was just me going over the two sides of the elemental formula debate "out loud", which I'm sure you've done a billion times yourself.

I have... but it's always nice to get a fresh pair of eyes/brains to remind of things that I might not have thought of in a while

#374 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksie68 View Post

So on the no nap front, DS pulled (luckily the freshly emptied) bookcase in the room on himself - he scared the living crap out of himself  AND me.  I asked him if he were going to climb up it again since if fell on him, and bless his heart, he said softly "Yes.".  Kinda funny.  Oh, and we did have it strapped to the wall, but even after questioning my DH as to whether only one strap was enough, he thought it was.  So after he said he fixed/replaced the strap I asked him if he added another one, he said no. duh.gif

jaw.gif Scary!
We need to secure our bookcase to the wall. For now, it's behind the superyard, but I'm sure that won't work for long. I'm glad your ds is ok! It's funny that he said yes! lol.gif

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#375 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM

oh my gosh oaksie- I totally missed that part of your post. Super scary. I have all the bookshelves attached with L-brackets into the wall studs, so I'm hoping that's enough to hold them. Yikes.

#376 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:

If only we knew... I had a clean stool test, though it wasn't as comprehensive as I would have liked. My best guess right now is that the proteases chewed into my mucosa lining or something and released some metals. And that's the 'die off'. I'm guessing it's not actually a bacterial die off thing for me, cause antibiotics and that stomach flu I just had both had the same positive effect on me, but it's completely different from the symptoms I get with increasing enzymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksie68 View Post

I think that's great that she is trying and is keyed into your DS's feelings and experience with food restriction.  I only wish my SMIL could be so open and understanding.....as a matter of fact, I wonder if she would deliberately use/serve our restricted foods (as she did this summer when we went for a couple of meals....)

So on the no nap front, DS pulled (luckily the freshly emptied) bookcase in the room on himself - he scared the living crap out of himself  AND me.  I asked him if he were going to climb up it again since if fell on him, and bless his heart, he said softly "Yes.".  Kinda funny.  Oh, and we did have it strapped to the wall, but even after questioning my DH as to whether only one strap was enough, he thought it was.  So after he said he fixed/replaced the strap I asked him if he added another one, he said no. " rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/duh.gif">duh.gif

ack!! But lol.gif at their reactions. Like father, like son? None of our stuff is anchored at all. A bad idea in earthquake country to be sure. Dd was never much of a climber as a baby, but ds is earning his stripes with bumps and bruises galore lately. We're having to scramble with the baby-proofing bag.gif

Sorry, no recipes on the gingerbread. And no, not grain free, they both had rice. I was actually commenting to dh this morning, how it's kind of fun that I've gotten the hang of baking by feel. I can just whip stuff together by sight with whatever's on hand, no recipe needed at all, and things mostly come out good. My great great grandmothers (the ones from the days before measuring cups) would be proud. The down side is how it makes it really hard to share here, or to tell other people how to make safe treats for us greensad.gif Anyone want to come over and make cupcakes?? orngbiggrin.gif

#377 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 10:41 PM

I give up on quoting. There's an image on my fb if anyone wants to read it, but I found this paper from 1958 that says I might be on to something with my b12/growth theory:
http://www.ajcn.org/content/6/1/18.full.pdf
It's got some other interesting b12 stuff, too.

#378 of 770 Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post

jaw.gif Scary!
We need to secure our bookcase to the wall. For now, it's behind the superyard, but I'm sure that won't work for long. I'm glad your ds is ok! It's funny that he said yes! lol.gif

Yeah, still a little freaked....  I knew we would have to secure stuff for DS, but.....

Quote:

oh my gosh oaksie- I totally missed that part of your post. Super scary. I have all the bookshelves attached with L-brackets into the wall studs, so I'm hoping that's enough to hold them. Yikes.

I guess the puny straps were no match for DS!  We really should have used L-brackets, but we had the pack of straps from way back for DD, but as she wasn't a climber, we didn't use them.

Quote:

ack!! But lol.gif at their reactions. Like father, like son? None of our stuff is anchored at all. A bad idea in earthquake country to be sure. Dd was never much of a climber as a baby, but ds is earning his stripes with bumps and bruises galore lately. We're having to scramble with the baby-proofing :bag

I hadn't thought about it like that, but you are dead-on correct in your assessment!  *sigh*  So does this mean that DS is also going to take after DH in all the wrong ways ;-P?  DD seems to have gotten the (lack of) organization and tidiness gene from him......

Sorry, no recipes on the gingerbread. And no, not grain free, they both had rice. I was actually commenting to dh this morning, how it's kind of fun that I've gotten the hang of baking by feel. I can just whip stuff together by sight with whatever's on hand, no recipe needed at all, and things mostly come out good. My great great grandmothers (the ones from the days before measuring cups) would be proud. The down side is how it makes it really hard to share here, or to tell other people how to make safe treats for us greensad.gif Anyone want to come over and make cupcakes?? orngbiggrin.gif

While I have gotten pretty good at GF/DF baking/cooking (and okay at EF), I have yet to reach that level of mastery - KUDOS TO YOU! (seems like you come by it honestly!).

#379 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Didn't quote anything so I'll just try to remember. Well clearly that's not working. My brain is a colander. Still nauseous every day. I should be used to this after 4 months of it every pregnancy and I'm breathing through the pectoral muscles spasms like you would a contraction. See all I've learned from birthing babies? Dr said the hole was looking better, but not enough for a whole fill. So I'm now up to 115ccs on each side total, and go back in a weel for more. He gave me something different to try for the back spasms that I'm getting because of the pectoral muscle spasms. I think this is a bad time of year to be doing this though since every time I go out in the cold, it's like they cramp up. I can't figure out if it's because of the saline so somehow more water makes me colder? or if it's almost like a shiver reaction, but it's like the whole muscles just contract up tight and it doesn't stop until my car warms up. Since it's 2F with the wind chill today, you can be assured that I'm staying inside except the two forays to the bus stop (one down, one to go). My mother made 6 batches of the scones/biscuits - some square, some round. DS and DD2 and some with dinner last night, DS had them with palm shortening and cinnamon-sugar this morning and a bologna sandwich on a square one for lunchbox. And a whole lot in the freezer. I have tried zinc with DS and it didn't help whatever it was ... can't remember the comment. I tried zinc for both of us and it didn't do anything. I tried biotin on both of the kids and it didn't do anything either. It's funny though, the osteo said if his "pulled muscle" pain didn't go away after the 3 days like the ped said it would, to pull the Bactrim (one of his lyme abx) and see if it was possibly die-off, and I pulled it, and it went away the next day. And this morning I sent him down twice to the basement, and both times he just went (normally, he'd make DD2 go with him because he doesn't like going down there alone), so maybe his increased anxiety is from the lyme stuff too. I just wish getting rid of the lyme was easier/faster. Carren - does that mean you're all done with jury duty? hooray! Jessica - have you asked any of the doctors what the enzymes could be doing, based on the newer diagnosis?  (good, bad?). Jacq - was egg an IgE or an intolerance? As in, should you get him tested before you trial? I'd bake one in something so that it's a blind taste test. I sure wish I felt like cooking. I can't even watch the food channel now (my normal TV watching) because it makes me nauseous so I'm watching these train wreck shows like Bridezilla. Can't seem to tear myself away either. Maybe I'll try to read some today now that my headache is gone. I'm definitely less stressed after the doctor yesterday telling me I was normal so that's good (well, except for the back spasm constrictive clothing thing; as usual he's never heard of that).

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#380 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 AM

JR, I love eggs and eat a lot of them.  I'm trying to imagine if I had to do without them what I would miss most.  I guess it would be custards.  Can you make a one-egg custard with coconut milk or something?  Or, can anyone else in the house eat eggs?  Then you can make a full recipe and just give him a serving that would include one egg's worth.

Shannon, I am pretty sure my dry lips are a simple water issue.  I've been breathing through my mouth a lot thanks to pregnancy mucous production.  I use pure beeswax on them, and it helps.  But combining winter dryness with breathing through my mouth has been making them very peely.  

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#381 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I guess the puny straps were no match for DS! We really should have used L-brackets, but we had the pack of straps from way back for DD, but as she wasn't a climber, we didn't use them.

HA- I would have used L-brackets anyways, but DP got a big "I told you so!" about straps not too long ago... He put a strap on a large cabinet in the dining room and just screwed it into the drywall. When we went to refinish the floor, I moved the cabinet over, completely forgetting that it had a strap on it. Left a nice big hole in the drywall, but yeah... it just came right out.

Oh Kathy- big, big hugs. I hate hearing that you're still so miserable. greensad.gif Can you ask for a remote car starter for xmas??

#382 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 AM

(((gentle hugs)) kathy! Sorry to hear that you are still in pain and having nausea.

((hugs CS)) Sorry to hear that your dd is still reacting. :(

Glad that the ds that had the library fall on him, is ok!!! I forgot who it was. pgcy brain. lol

I forgot to write down/tell you all that dd3's ears are still plugged and even if I flush them out, nothing is coming out of it. So there is a good chance that we will have to go see a ENT. So the plan is that i try to flush it out for 3 days and if I see nothing, then I need to go see my family doc to get a referal to one. Not sure what an ENT will be able to do for it.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#383 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

(((gentle hugs)) kathy! Sorry to hear that you are still in pain and having nausea.

Glad that the ds that had the library fall on him, is ok!!! I forgot who it was. pgcy brain. lol

I forgot to write down/tell you all that dd3's ears are still plugged and even if I flush them out, nothing is coming out of it. So there is a good chance that we will have to go see a ENT. So the plan is that i try to flush it out for 3 days and if I see nothing, then I need to go see my family doc to get a referal to one. Not sure what an ENT will be able to do for it.

What are you flushing them with? Are they plugged like with water? Or earwax? Or?

I took drugs. An anti-nausea pill and a new pain pill the doctor prescribed yesterday, took a 3 hour nap. I woke up feeling pretty good and actually hungry. Better living through chemistry. So I went to the freezer and got some eggplant parm out and having an easy lunch.

JR - do you want to try yolks and whites separately to see if one is an issue and not the other before you try the whole thing? As in, you could make meringue cookies with the whites, or mayo or a custard with the yolks. Next time I try DS on eggs, that's what I'm going to do - half at a time. Who knows when that will be since his last try wasn't good.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#384 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM

posted a sugar cookie recipe in holiday brainstorm thread.  they are yummy

I am feeling better today.  homeopathy is awesome. 

DS2 is napping right now. He needs it.  I am wondering if it is his turn to get this illness again.  DS1 has it again, but not too badly.

It is the same thing again and again.  Do you think we keep on reinfecting ourselves?  (6 people living in less that 900 square feet) or is it a kind of illness that cycles?

baby crying sorry I can't respond to people

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#385 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM

DS1 tested IgG positive to both the yolks and the whites. I hadn't considered trialling them separately. That seems like more work than it's worth for something we've never trialled, even to confirm the test. I'm wondering if SMIL is losing it though, since I remember making sure that DS1 had breakfast before he went to her house (in his bag for the next day) so I'm pretty sure he didn't have eggs... Dairy is his singular IgE. We keep that in the house but, since there are alternatives, it doesn't make him as sad as seeing eggs sitting in the fridge does. So we don't keep eggs in the house, even though he's the only one who can't eat them.

And I'm feeling really negligent but I'll admit that we strap nothing to the walls. And our boys climb EVERYthing. I think I'm going to start with cookies and, if it passes in that small amount, I will consider something more eggy.

SMIL sent me the holiday menu this morning (and yes, I'm using holiday since they celebrate Christmas and I celebrate Yule- which is only 6 days away!). I responded with the names of brands for products (ie sausage) which would be safe and the offer to make corn bread or provide a recipe for her, if she'd prefer to make it. I also told her that I would provide a safe alternative for the small amount of flour required for one recipe (as well as salt) and requested that she leave out the nuts in one recipe. I think she's doing pretty well for having never tried to do this before!

DS2 is going through an "I don't want to eat unless it's junk food" thing. And by junk food, I mean candy. And is throwing tantrums when he's told to sit down and eat a healthy meal. DS1 never did this and I am NOT liking it.

hug2.gif Kathy. Is it possible that you're just more aware of how your muscles are reacting to the cold because they're so sore to begin with? I'm sorry that you're going through that. Sending you warm thoughts!

I have only ever heard bad things about flushing ears (uncomfortable, not usually effective), so your post is making me shudder, Sandrine. :(

STUPID CAT. Still upset about the bird. The other bird of the pair has now abandoned the nest. :(

#386 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I guess the puny straps were no match for DS! We really should have used L-brackets, but we had the pack of straps from way back for DD, but as she wasn't a climber, we didn't use them.

HA- I would have used L-brackets anyways, but DP got a big "I told you so!" about straps not too long ago... He put a strap on a large cabinet in the dining room and just screwed it into the drywall. When we went to refinish the floor, I moved the cabinet over, completely forgetting that it had a strap on it. Left a nice big hole in the drywall, but yeah... it just came right out.

Someone, and I'm not naming names (*cough* DH) does not react/respond well to things like, "I told you so!" irked.gif He either shuts down, or gets defensive/angry.  So I try/tried to be very low key about it.  Not worth it for me to get too upset - not good for my energy/adrenal health.  But, let me tell you, it's SOOOOOO tempting to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

posted a sugar cookie recipe in holiday brainstorm thread.  they are yummy

I am feeling better today.  homeopathy is awesome. 

So glad you are feeling better!  *running to look at sugar cookie recipe IMMEDIATELY!*

#387 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 PM

eyesroll.gif irked.gif

She's trying. She really is. I know she is. Yet I can't stop from rolling my eyes and feeling mildly annoyed when she says stuff like "My mom's making corn bread from Jiffy mix. Is that ok?" It also makes me really wary. eta: And then I feel guilty for being annoyed because I know she's really trying! Maybe this will get her to understand just why we spend so much on groceries and why I usually just bring food?

#388 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

What are you flushing them with? Are they plugged like with water? Or earwax? Or?

I took drugs. An anti-nausea pill and a new pain pill the doctor prescribed yesterday, took a 3 hour nap. I woke up feeling pretty good and actually hungry. Better living through chemistry. So I went to the freezer and got some eggplant parm out and having an easy lunch.

JR - do you want to try yolks and whites separately to see if one is an issue and not the other before you try the whole thing? As in, you could make meringue cookies with the whites, or mayo or a custard with the yolks. Next time I try DS on eggs, that's what I'm going to do - half at a time. Who knows when that will be since his last try wasn't good.

I'm glad that you are feeling better after a nap and some drugs.

I put in some oil for ear wax and then wait a few minutes. Then I flush them with some warm water with a bulb. Her ear wax is dry and stuck in her ears. I don't see it. She always had lots of wax but usually it would come out of her ear. It's hasn't come out of her ears for the past 2-3mths. I've been flushing them once a wk for about a mth and this wk, the naturopath suggest to do it once a day for 3 days and see if that will help and get anything out of her ears. She said that when I do the flushes, it helps to soften and moisten the wax but not enough to drain it out. So hopefully with 3 days of flushing, i should see some wax when I flush her ears.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#389 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 01:15 PM

And I don't suppose anyone would read my response before I send it? redface.gif

#390 of 770 Old 12-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:

I have only ever heard bad things about flushing ears (uncomfortable, not usually effective), so your post is making me shudder, Sandrine. :(

STUPID CAT. Still upset about the bird. The other bird of the pair has now abandoned the nest. :(

Sorry for making you shudder!!! She's really doesn't mind it. She actually just sits there and will watch whatever is on that side. I sit her on the counter and on mon night, she watched dh washing the dishes. She also realised that my belly is on her knees and she said: "I'm holding the baby" lol.gif I thought it was really funny.

Poor nest. Was there any eggs??? greensad.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page