Delicious December 2010 Chat - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 770 Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had to re-subscribe at least twice. Frustrating. Overall I'm starting to like the new format but I guess there are a few bugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloose View Post

Is anyone else having issues getting updates on this thread?  It says I'm subscribed, but I swear it's lying.  And now I have like 2 days worth of stuff to reply to, but I read it all last night and this morning, without time to reply. 

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#422 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menomena View Post

So... I just made 100% homemade chebe brand style tapioca bread. 

Recipe: http://mindfullymeandering.blogspot.com/2010/12/100-from-scratch-chebe-brand-style.html

It might need a few tweaks to achieve utter perfection, but this was damn good. I think it could be made egg-free, too. joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif

Oooooh, I hope it can be made egg-free too -- let us know!! My reverse engineering on the Namaste pizza dough was a big fail. 24 attempts and still never got there. But now that I'm on my last package of the real stuff, I guess that experiment will start up again. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfairy View Post

I've had to re-subscribe at least twice. Frustrating. Overall I'm starting to like the new format but I guess there are a few bugs...

Quote:

Is anyone else having issues getting updates on this thread?  It says I'm subscribed, but I swear it's lying.  And now I have like 2 days worth of stuff to reply to, but I read it all last night and this morning, without time to reply. 

I only do the daily digest and never look at it, because I always just come here, so I don't know if it's working right or not!

By the time dinner was done last night, i was back to not feeling so great. Had a chicken nugget and one spoonful of mashed potatoes. Couldn't even look at the brussel sprouts. It's like when I was pregnant, I'd be all excited for a meal, and by the time it was done, I'd be nauseous. I hate that feeling. At least the fried chicken is good cold the next day and there's lots left over (since DS was having pulled pork with baked beans, and DD1 and DD2 had chicken soup). DH was happy to have mashed potatoes. His looked so good with the butter melting and pooling. Ah, well, i can dream. Half-brother and SIL are coming tomorrow for 4 days. No dietary restrictions except she's hypoglycemic, so eats often, and lots of protein (basically no sugar, maple syrup sparingly), and they don't like mushrooms, but other than that I should figure out meals that are easy to prepare that most of the family can/will eat so it's not so haphazard. Any ideas?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#423 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 AM

I hope to try the egg-free tapioca later today. I was going to try pretzels. Wish me luck!

Shannon - I'm sorry you're thinking you have to pull sugar. When you're gonna do something sweet, it's nice to have an affordable option. I'm confused though. I thought cane sugar WAS "regular" sugar? Another thing you could consider is getting dehydrated dates and buzzing them in a food processor = date "sugar". 

Had to update: Just made a grain-free mocha brownie. So good. http://mindfullymeandering.blogspot.com/2010/12/grain-free-mocha-brownie.html

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#424 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 AM

egg free chebe! on the lookout

nak

was at the new docs for 4 hours yesterday.  a mix of good and bad.  DH agrees with my previous assessment that he  can be hard to work with but in the end he will help us.

pro:

on his own he gave me a geneva diagnostics stool sample for DS1. Fingers crossed we get the same good results that Kathy got.

He acknowledged that I knew a lot - mostly that didn't bother him.  I rather hysterically tried to convince him that I wasn't just a "Dr.  Google" person.

He has a plan for Sam for the next handful of months and is being methodical about it.  Although his plan is about 15 months behind this thread's.  Shannon has mentioned that it is always a circle, going back to things we worked on before.  Hopefully with new test info, we can pin point things better.

con:  he got frustrated with me that i wasnt thinking allopathically enough wit him.  came out when i talked about sulfation detox pathway regarding our asthmatic symptoms.  I just think we were thinking outside the box not acting too wacky - just gave Mo. Trust me Ive done wackier.

he does not like the idea of giving the boys 5-htp snd gabba.  i offered to do  a trial removal while adding omega 3s.  I described our discovery of the audio processing issues with the boys and how gabba helped with that.  He seemed impressed and retracted his stance a bit.

I think he gets overwhelmed easily.

thanks for listening

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#425 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 08:29 AM

I have the same concerns about midwife.  I'm due March 17.  March is a really busy month for my MW.  

I think I am going to tell her that I will be understanding if she wants to make me a lower priority than some women who might need more attention, like due to complications or being a first timer.  I am not shy around strangers, and if she has to send another MW that I never met it probably won't make much impact on my birthing.  

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#426 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 AM

Amy- hope it goes well with the new doc. At least he's willing to have a conversation with you, which is more than I can say for most docs that I've seen. I think they just get so used to people just saying, "ok" and taking whatever prescriptions they hand out, that it's really unnerving to have a patient actually wanting to take responsibility for their own health. Probably a bit of an ego hit too. orngtongue.gif

Yikes about the midwife issues! I made sure when interviewing to pick someone that doesn't have a crazy busy schedule and will only take on a certain number of clients every month. But after my last horrible birth, knowing who will be around me in labor is REALLY important to me. Speaking of- I don't know if I told you guys this, but my doula from DD's birth (who was awesome) is now in midwifery school and just started studying under my current midwife!! So now she'll be at my labor both as a doula and as a student. So I don't have to have anyone that I don't know there, which makes me very very happy.

DD is.... perplexing me, as usual. Yesterday we had a play date at the mall, and by the time we got home her whole face looked kind of puffy. Not swollen so much... just kind of puffy. I don't know if it was something at the mall (they have a frickin nut roasting place right out in the middle of one of the walkways, and they are actually roasting nuts there!) or if it was leftover reaction from the paint water. But I noticed that she had a really fine rash all over her torso too... which may be leftover from the digestive enzymes... I don't know. Too many variables. Tired of trying to be a detective.

Oh- has anyone heard of/used Phytocort? And the FAHF study using an herbal formula to stop peanut anaphylaxis? Looks really promising!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#427 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:

I hope to try the egg-free tapioca later today. I was going to try pretzels. Wish me luck!

Shannon - I'm sorry you're thinking you have to pull sugar. When you're gonna do something sweet, it's nice to have an affordable option. I'm confused though. I thought cane sugar WAS "regular" sugar? Another thing you could consider is getting dehydrated dates and buzzing them in a food processor = date "sugar". 

Had to update: Just made a grain-free mocha brownie. So good. http://mindfullymeandering.blogspot.com/2010/12/grain-free-mocha-brownie.html

I think I meant, I'm not going to go out and load up on beet sugar or anything, just cut out sugar for a while and stick with maple syrup and honey.  Then trial cane and beet sugar separately.  I've been vaguely watching this one for at least a couple years now, and am only just now getting a good read so that tells you how much I rely on normal sugar anyway.  I'm actually really hoping that maybe cane sugar is the real source of my carb issues.  Wouldn't that be fun?  Cane sugar is a whole lot easier to avoid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

egg free chebe! on the lookout

nak

was at the new docs for 4 hours yesterday.  a mix of good and bad.  DH agrees with my previous assessment that he  can be hard to work with but in the end he will help us.

pro:

on his own he gave me a geneva diagnostics stool sample for DS1. Fingers crossed we get the same good results that Kathy got.

He acknowledged that I knew a lot - mostly that didn't bother him.  I rather hysterically tried to convince him that I wasn't just a "Dr.  Google" person.

He has a plan for Sam for the next handful of months and is being methodical about it.  Although his plan is about 15 months behind this thread's.  Shannon has mentioned that it is always a circle, going back to things we worked on before.  Hopefully with new test info, we can pin point things better.

con:  he got frustrated with me that i wasnt thinking allopathically enough wit him.  came out when i talked about sulfation detox pathway regarding our asthmatic symptoms.  I just think we were thinking outside the box not acting too wacky - just gave Mo. Trust me Ive done wackier.

he does not like the idea of giving the boys 5-htp snd gabba.  i offered to do  a trial removal while adding omega 3s.  I described our discovery of the audio processing issues with the boys and how gabba helped with that.  He seemed impressed and retracted his stance a bit.

I think he gets overwhelmed easily.

thanks for listening

Sounds more useful than anyone I've been able to find.  He actually knows about some of this stuff!  And yeah, if I had the stamina to do it all again, I think there is a ton of information waiting by coming back around and repeating this healing journey.  But right now that's soooooooooooooooooooo not where I am.  That's funny that he doesn't like Mo.  Sounds like you have his respect though, good job!

Dd:  "Did you know that I'm allergic to honey?"

Dh:  "Oh, really?  What does it make you do?"

Dd:  "It makes me dance around the room like this" *does a little dance*

I'd say she doesn't quite have the concept of an allergy down yet lol.gif

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#428 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 AM

Oh yeah- I also wanted to mention that there's a new "Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy" guideline out now. Wondering if anyone has seen it? I haven't started reading it yet (it's reeeeeally long). Supposed to be a "lay person" version out sometime next year.

#429 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 09:53 AM

CS, there are only 2 legal midwives in my area.  Mine is trying to help another one find a backup OB so she can start practicing, and they want to be business partners.  

#430 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Wow- I guess I'm lucky there are so many midwives around me!! Although the options for a HBAC midwife are much less, but I think I still had 4 or 5 to choose from.

#431 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM

Yeah, the only CNMs are Nancy and Deb.  Nancy seems more popular, and I clicked great with Deb, so I went with her.  I'm guessing Nancy is even more busy.  

There are some CPMs, but they aren't legal here.  

#432 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 12:33 PM

There are two MWs in my area, one has a student who is just months away from finishing up her training (CPM). Since this is my third birth, and my second homebirth, I was already asked if I minded the student/assistant being the "official" primary (to help count toward her training). I said no problem. The other MW in the area isn't too busy and there is a former student/assistant willing to help out, too. I'm with you, Leigh, I'm cool with whatever as long as I trust the person is qualified. (FTR, I've met all the potential backups, just being a part of the natural community around here, I've just never worked with them before.) I would be sad if my MW wasn't there, but I'd understand. 

And..... DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. 

I did it! Egg-free tapioca pretzels. Needs a bit of fussing, but it's essentially the recipe I posted, minus an egg, but with a teeny bit extra oil and some ACV. They are crunchy and yummy. They are going to go stale FAST, but I don't see that being a problem, since I only made a teeny batch and they're almost gone. See my FB page for a picture. :D 

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#433 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 02:00 PM

lurk.gif

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#434 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM

I think its crazy that midwives take on so many patients due around the same time.  The midwife I had was very careful to only have as many clients as she could handle.  Of course this was all paid out of pocket so maybe that narrowed the # of people contacting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

I have the same concerns about midwife.  I'm due March 17.  March is a really busy month for my MW.  

I think I am going to tell her that I will be understanding if she wants to make me a lower priority than some women who might need more attention, like due to complications or being a first timer.  I am not shy around strangers, and if she has to send another MW that I never met it probably won't make much impact on my birthing.  

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#435 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 02:56 PM

Amy, glad to hear you had an ok appointment.  He definitely sounds like about the best you can get, especially considering he takes insurance.  I have never had a primary care doctor who would even recommend "outside the box" tests like a stool tests.  So kudos to that.

I took DS to the chiro today.  He said that the nodes/glands or whatever the heck they are that were blocking his lymph drainage have gone down considerably.  So we're hoping that he'll drain now and maybe start healing somewhat.  He fell asleep on the way home & was very hard to wake up.  Even after an hour.  Hoping it was restorative sleep following a good appointment.  Of course now he will be up until 10pm tonight.

DD is still edgy.  Don't know what to make of it.  Is it candida die off?  Is she just sick?  Is something more sinister lurking behind door #3?  I have no clue.

In other news, my mother is sucking the life out of Christmas, once again.  Never shy to share her pathos.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#436 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:

No, but it's cute!!

Quote:

I did it! Egg-free tapioca pretzels. Needs a bit of fussing, but it's essentially the recipe I posted, minus an egg, but with a teeny bit extra oil and some ACV. They are crunchy and yummy. They are going to go stale FAST, but I don't see that being a problem, since I only made a teeny batch and they're almost gone. See my FB page for a picture. :D 

I'm going to try them tomorrow if I find the energy. Maybe it'll be a mom-kid project. I have to take DS to get his blood drawn. The osteo gave him a prescription for numbing stuff. And we'll see if that helps his freak-out-prone-ness. I may not have any energy after that. But I'm hoping. I could use a pretzel. And I haven't baked in forever. I think I even have pretzel salt in the pantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Amy, glad to hear you had an ok appointment.  He definitely sounds like about the best you can get, especially considering he takes insurance.  I have never had a primary care doctor who would even recommend "outside the box" tests like a stool tests.  So kudos to that.

I took DS to the chiro today.  He said that the nodes/glands or whatever the heck they are that were blocking his lymph drainage have gone down considerably.  So we're hoping that he'll drain now and maybe start healing somewhat.  He fell asleep on the way home & was very hard to wake up.  Even after an hour.  Hoping it was restorative sleep following a good appointment.  Of course now he will be up until 10pm tonight.

DD is still edgy.  Don't know what to make of it.  Is it candida die off?  Is she just sick?  Is something more sinister lurking behind door #3?  I have no clue.

In other news, my mother is sucking the life out of Christmas, once again.  Never shy to share her pathos.

Did the doctor say why the nodes/glands went down? Are you still getting them out?

Gotta love family at the holidays. No end to the drama.

Has anyone seen the new Sierra Mist Natural? I saw a commercial for it yesterday and went shopping today so I actually looked for it. There's citric acid on the label (la la la, I can't hear you) so the kids aren't getting it. Just me. I'll be the guinea pig for this one. The only soda I've been able to have is the $6 a 4-pack root beer so it's few and far between. This tastes sooooo good. I didn't even know I missed soda. But it's calming my stomach, so it's a good thing. Will let you know later how my back reacts to it.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#437 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 06:50 PM

mmmm soda

Shannon - love that dancin' food reaction

so whats the food chemical in molasses????

I decided to try an egg in cookies because my pendulum said it was ok.  I made devine molasses chew cookies.  I thought the molasses would be good as iron.  got the recipe from gluten free gobsmacked.

Made them.  yummmmmmmm.   Tested one on the baby - a big fat no.  I decided to eat some anyway because I don't have self control and my downish state required a cookie.  I am now really itchy and clearly the baby will be reacting tomorrow - just in time for a visit from a New Jersey family.  stupid me.

so I went and pendulum tested everything.  Molasses was the no.  I added extra molasses for the iron. ugh. 

will go ask Deb

huh - probably sulfur?? could be that

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#438 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:

so whats the food chemical in molasses????

I decided to try an egg in cookies because my pendulum said it was ok.  I made devine molasses chew cookies.  I thought the molasses would be good as iron.  got the recipe from gluten free gobsmacked.

Made them.  yummmmmmmm.   Tested one on the baby - a big fat no.  I decided to eat some anyway because I don't have self control and my downish state required a cookie.  I am now really itchy and clearly the baby will be reacting tomorrow - just in time for a visit from a New Jersey family.  stupid me.

so I went and pendulum tested everything.  Molasses was the no.  I added extra molasses for the iron. ugh. 

will go ask Deb

huh - probably sulfur?? could be that

Whatever it is, its getting me too. Failsafe would say sals, sulfur I hadn't heard of. But I can eat gobs of berries and eggs and be fine, so at least for me I don't think its either of those.

I got another fun reaction today, too, its like they're all coming out of the woodwork. Guessing the TJ's peanuts, but I don't know if its the nuts themselves or the xcon. As nice as it is to be getting clear physical reactions now, instead of the twisted, frustrating mood stuff, can I just say I feel like I'm starting all over from scratch with this elimination stuff. Molasses/cane sugar, now peanuts, worrying about xcon... So much for knowing what I'm doing, I feel like an allergy dunce these days! On the bright side, if cane sugar really is as big of a reaction as it seems it might be, that means potatoes were probably a false alarm! joy.gif

#439 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:

so whats the food chemical in molasses
I think it's sulphites (though it might be pretty low in molasses- I never figured it out for sure).

Speaking of food chemicals, I think we might be looking at an amine sensitivity for ds2. It would fit. Either that, or it's trace egg (we highly suspect egg), soy, or strawberries.

gg. dinner is ready

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#440 of 770 Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Dd requested chocolate cake with strawberry frosting for her birthday (tomorrow). I'm trying to figure out how to manage strawberry frosting with no cane sugar. Any ideas? I wonder if I can do something like a boiled icing (thats the one with boiled sugar and egg whites, right? Or an Italian buttercream, with maple syrup instead of sugar syrup, and strawberry purée mixed in. You can just add purée like that for marshmallows, I think. Oh geez, why do I like complicated projects so much!?

#441 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 05:23 AM

Well hopefully the treatment we are doing is working.  But who knows.  It's not a miracle cure, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

Quote:

No, but it's cute!!

Quote:

I'm going to try them tomorrow if I find the energy. Maybe it'll be a mom-kid project. I have to take DS to get his blood drawn. The osteo gave him a prescription for numbing stuff. And we'll see if that helps his freak-out-prone-ness. I may not have any energy after that. But I'm hoping. I could use a pretzel. And I haven't baked in forever. I think I even have pretzel salt in the pantry.

Quote:

Did the doctor say why the nodes/glands went down? Are you still getting them out?

Gotta love family at the holidays. No end to the drama.

Has anyone seen the new Sierra Mist Natural? I saw a commercial for it yesterday and went shopping today so I actually looked for it. There's citric acid on the label (la la la, I can't hear you) so the kids aren't getting it. Just me. I'll be the guinea pig for this one. The only soda I've been able to have is the $6 a 4-pack root beer so it's few and far between. This tastes sooooo good. I didn't even know I missed soda. But it's calming my stomach, so it's a good thing. Will let you know later how my back reacts to it.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#442 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is hilarious.  Not.  Day before yesterday I over-stretched reaching for something, or something else like that, pulled something in my right upper arm (I'm right-handed).  I tried to be careful yesterday but I figured a good night's sleep and it'd be great.  Didn't count on tossing and turning and ending up sleeping with my arm on my pillow above my head.  Every time I move, however, it jiggles my arm and I get shooting pain.  Seriously?  Not going to be typing much, though strangely this hurts less than my walk to the bathroom earlier (I'm typing with both hands but my wrist is resting on the keyboard).  So.  Sugarplums and something else to share at a holiday party tomorrow?  Um, I see delegation in my future.  And turns out the only advil we have in the house expired in 6/09.  I took it anyway, and asked DH to get more since I foresee popping them all day.  Last night I was feeling renewed inspiration to get things organized around the house.  Feels like my attempts to exercise--either I get minorly hurt or sick or something chaotic and stressful comes up and, well, no exercise.  I guess I have time today to think about why it happens this way and what I can do to change this.

Haven't caught up, yesterday was long and busy and tiring--in a good way, but I think I'm missing good chunks of the conversation here.

#443 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 AM

dh got called in at like 6:30, and i woke up to M wearing no diaper and peeing all over me.wheres my coffee?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#444 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Ouch Tanya.

Yikes JR!

hug.gif

#445 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM

Tanya, this is my physical heath in a nutshell, so I unfortunately I can relate!  Hope you feel better soon, and hope you are able to get done what you need to get done (deligate or not)!

JR, I'm not sure coffee will wipe that memory any time soon  (for you *shudder*), but I hope it helps - have a REALLY big mug.....caffeine be damned!

Becky, mom to two - DD ('00) and DS ('08)
#446 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksie68 View Post

Tanya, this is my physical heath in a nutshell, so I unfortunately I can relate!  Hope you feel better soon, and hope you are able to get done what you need to get done (deligate or not)!

JR, I'm not sure coffee will wipe that memory any time soon  (for you *shudder*), but I hope it helps - have a REALLY big mug.....caffeine be damned!

Well, I just wanted the coffee because, despite being peed on, I wasn't entirely awake still. I'm just thankful that, unlike DS2, DS3 peed on my body (as opposed to peeing on my head... I assure you, coffee did not erase that memory, but a shower sure helped! lol.gif). My point in mentioning both together, that DH's at work and DS3 peed on me is that I have no shower forthcoming until whenever he manages to get home. I guess I could get DS1 to watch his little brothers, but he's been pretty terrible at it recently and I have no desire to completely redecorate the tree AGAIN, or pick up the ensuing mess. Although I'm not completely assured I won't have to do either even if it is DH watching them, at least I can take him to task for it without worrying about whether or not I should be taking his age into consideration. winky.giforngtongue.gifmischievous.gif

eta: Sorry, Tanya. My ankle's been like that for the last 2 months. I hope yours resolves much more quickly than mine. Although, I'm picking up a brace today (as opposed to the tensor bandage I was(n't) using (consistently)). I hope. Assuming DH comes home at such a time that I can actually go shopping.

Anyone have everything ready for your holiday celebrations yet? (haha)

#447 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

Well, I just wanted the coffee because, despite being peed on, I wasn't entirely awake still. I'm just thankful that, unlike DS2, DS3 peed on my body (as opposed to peeing on my head... I assure you, coffee did not erase that memory, but a shower sure helped! lol.gif). My point in mentioning both together, that DH's at work and DS3 peed on me is that I have no shower forthcoming until whenever he manages to get home. I guess I could get DS1 to watch his little brothers, but he's been pretty terrible at it recently and I have no desire to completely redecorate the tree AGAIN, or pick up the ensuing mess. Although I'm not completely assured I won't have to do either even if it is DH watching them, at least I can take him to task for it without worrying about whether or not I should be taking his age into consideration. winky.giforngtongue.gifmischievous.gif

eta: Sorry, Tanya. My ankle's been like that for the last 2 months. I hope yours resolves much more quickly than mine. Although, I'm picking up a brace today (as opposed to the tensor bandage I was(n't) using (consistently)). I hope. Assuming DH comes home at such a time that I can actually go shopping.

Ewwww, that's awful that you can't get a shower!  My sympathies.  Though it might be worth having DS1 watch the other two and have the.quickest.shower.ever?  Although I completely understand; I have the same issues with my 10 yo DD (when her nose is a book) and my DH (usually lays of the floor and falls asleep) when they are in charge of the 2 year old!

As for holiday celebrations, I currently have two GF/DF/EF pumpkin pies in the oven (one for party at a friends house tonight, one for Christmas), and I'm working on dough for cresent rolls and cinnamon rolls (GF/DG/EF of course! - some for tonight and for Christmas Eve/Day).  While also reheating lunch.  Hopefully I won't drop the ball on any of these things; my track record this week about multitasking and baking/cooking were sorta a disaster this week (forgot baking soda/powder in pancakes for dinner the other night, forgot chocolate chips in muffins yesterday - the muffins really NEED them lol!).

Becky, mom to two - DD ('00) and DS ('08)
#448 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm not running around all pee-ey! I took a sponge bath in the bathroom while DS3 played in the sink after I stripped the bed and put a diaper on him. It's not as great as a shower, but it's better than nothing!

I have nothing done. NO presents wrapped. Nothing baked. House is destroyed (ok, not that bad, but my kitchen is really not in good shape atm). Can I just come and steal your cookies? orngbiggrin.gif

Forget the coffee. It's not helping. Where are the toothpicks? orngtongue.gif (/end complaining.. really)

#449 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:

HAhahahahaha. I haven't done anything remotely holiday related. Oh wait, that's not entirely true. I hung one lame little strand of lights on the front of the house. That's it. Oh well... probably be just another day around here anyways. No relatives coming this year or anything, so we'll get to just chill.

#450 of 770 Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:

I think its crazy that midwives take on so many patients due around the same time.  The midwife I had was very careful to only have as many clients as she could handle.  Of course this was all paid out of pocket so maybe that narrowed the # of people contacting her.

What is she going to do, turn us all away so we have to go to the hospital or have a UC?  I'd rather have my prenatal care from her, and then end up with one of her assistants for an uneventful birth. I feel comfortable enough that the assistants would be able to identify a problem and either have her come (leaving the other person with an assistant) or advise me to to the emergency room.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page