Delicious December 2010 Chat - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 770 Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloose View Post

Thinking back, she was WILD before. I'm going to go with sals/food coloring, that her bucket is just very, very full. Alternatively, she actually happily ate protein today joy.gif and maybe that's messing with her somehow? I don't want that to be it. My mom's coming over in the afternoon to whisk her away with something fun. Hopefully that'll go over well. No clue what I'll do, just that there are a million things I *should* do while she's away. I'm just so beat, so drained by this. Everything I thought I knew is wrong. Nothing applies anymore. I don't have the stamina for this.

hug2.gif

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#542 of 770 Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Help!  I am totally jumping in without reading here.  My 6 yo has had an upper respiratory thing for a couple of days (he's had fever up to 102.5, lots of mucus and drainage from his nose, dry cough, red, watery eyes, and now discharge from his eyes too).  Now tonight he is saying his ear hurts.  I have been giving him tons of immune support, homeopathic remedies, etc, and he just feels really lousy.  We've done all of this good gut healing, and of course I want to preserve that if possible, but I need advice.  If he has an ear infection now, what else can I do?  When he wakes again I am going to try the cooked onion half over the ear (it's baking now).  I could make garlic oil.

Does anyone know about oil of oregano for ear infections?  How much to take, etc?

Many thanks for any ideas.

#543 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

Kathy, your adrenals are probably at a different place than they were before.  The stress alone of trying to decide on meds or surgery was intense, and then the build-up before the surgery, and now all the difficulties dealing with it.  If your ND/naturopath (I forgot what you said) is helpful, and you think they can do something to choose good adrenal support for you (muscle test several supps, something like that?) then maybe going back and saying hey, I think my adrenals took a hit.  Otherwise I'd just start whatever you had before--because while your adrenals may not have needed specific support before (vs just fixing the root cause), they may now.  And hey, it's winter, it's a good time to support adrenals (kidneys go with winter, and adrenals fit in the kidney grouping, and the dark, quiet of winter is a good time to rest our adrenals for the energy of spring and fall). 

I spent all day at a friend's house, the one who had the baby then had the infection and ended up at the hospital for a day.  She's looking tired, I hope her husband has next week off too--he works in the school district--and so she can have a bit more help.  But the kids ran around outside for a long time, then came in and played and then made sugarplums and snowballs (my name for nut-dried fruit balls rolled in coconut flakes) and ate and now the kids are in bed, I bet they're asleep within 5 minutes.  And I am tired.  And hungry, I bet I can get DH to procure food for me (he got quiet time at home since it was 7:30 pm when I got home with the kids).  Maybe he'll procure chocolate too.  luxlove.gif  Yes I'm intolerant of it, yes I'm ignoring it for a bit longer (will eventually start avoiding it, or at least work to make it a rare treat).  Cause since my grandmother figured out her babies were sensitive to it, back in the 1940s and 50s, and several aunts see symptoms, and DS get the rash... what are the odds that this is ever going to go away? 

When I don't have stress and I have Mg, I don't crave chocolate. When I'm stressed, I want it a LOT.
I'll talk to the osteopath about the adrenals. I went yesterday and apparently they'd moved my appointment to last Monday and didn't tell me. I said, I didn't think they did Monday appointments, and the secretary said they just started doing them 3 weeks ago. I said I made this appointment 2 months ago (October 12, the last time I was there). And the secretary said she didn't know what happened. I hope I don't get charged for it. It's $175 and it takes 40 minutes to get there. I was irritated. The doctor wasn't even there yesterday - off on vacation. Ergh. So now I have an appointment next week.

Quote:

I just spent an hour getting cried at by dd in the store.  She's been off all day and last night.  Is this something new from yesterday or is this residual from the food coloring?

I'm done.  Where's the exit?  Let me out.  Now.

Bummer. I hope it's just the food coloring and it dissipates quickly. 

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#544 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM

:eyes

I'm sick, I think.  Sore-ish spots in the throat (and passages that connect to the ears) that keep coming and going and moving around, plus runnier than usual (for pregnancy) nose.  

What's coming out of my nose is very thin and clear, which says allergy to me.  And the throat spots could be related to contact with something in the air too.  

Usually I can tell the difference between a respiratory allergy and a cold by whether I feel like doing nothing, or an urge to be active.  A cold usually makes me want to be active.  (I think my body tries to increase circulation.)  This time I don't want to do anything.  

Also, I usually can smell a metallicy-bitter scent on my palms when I have an actual contagious illness.  It isn't there.  

So, what could possibly be in the air that I am reacting to?  It is not really a high-pollen time of year.

At least I am basically functional.  I have lots to do for Christmas.  I'm going to rest as much as possible, and delegate tasks to DH when I can.  

I took some sodium ascorbate and lots of vitamin D this morning.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#545 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

:eyes

I'm sick, I think.  Sore-ish spots in the throat (and passages that connect to the ears) that keep coming and going and moving around, plus runnier than usual (for pregnancy) nose.  

What's coming out of my nose is very thin and clear, which says allergy to me.  And the throat spots could be related to contact with something in the air too.  

Usually I can tell the difference between a respiratory allergy and a cold by whether I feel like doing nothing, or an urge to be active.  A cold usually makes me want to be active.  (I think my body tries to increase circulation.)  This time I don't want to do anything.  

Also, I usually can smell a metallicy-bitter scent on my palms when I have an actual contagious illness.  It isn't there.  

So, what could possibly be in the air that I am reacting to?  It is not really a high-pollen time of year.

At least I am basically functional.  I have lots to do for Christmas.  I'm going to rest as much as possible, and delegate tasks to DH when I can.  

I took some sodium ascorbate and lots of vitamin D this morning.

My allergies have been bad for a week or two, maybe 3 now that I think about it. I'm a dust and mold, so mine happens when the house gets closed up. For me, we run a wood stove, which makes the air drier, so I usually react more when it's going, so I have to keep my fluids up. But I get the runny clear nose, and post nasal drip (which can cause the sore throat). For me, it doesn't effect energy. Do you have a live Christmas tree? That always made my DH's allergies act up (which is why we have a fake one). Or did you get a poinsetta or something that isn't normally in the house?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#546 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I'm just so beat, so drained by this. Everything I thought I knew is wrong. Nothing applies anymore. I don't have the stamina for this.

Oh Shannon, I so feel your pain. hug2.gifhug2.gifhug2.gif

That stinks about the doctor Kathy. I would have been really annoyed too.

Leigh- I think I'm getting sick again too. Or allergies.. who knows. hug.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#547 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM

grouphug.gif

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#548 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 AM

Theloose- hug2.gif Like your siggy says, eating shouldn't be stressful. It's so hard, especially when you don't really know what the problem is in the first place. It's too hard on the head.

I wanted to add red ears (even after watching tv for an hour, so it's not an activity thing) to the list of possible sx for my 6yo. So dark undereye circles, rash by his mouth, red ears, and possible potty accidents.

I say possible because I told him the other night that we need to know for sure if this is something he can control (and he's just too busy to go to the bathroon fast enough), or something he can't control, and we'll have him checked out and take care of it. I told him that if we go to the doc, he might get an x-ray (that's how they check for encopresis), and x-rays are fine but you don't want to get one if you don't need it. In about 10 minutes, his story went from "I never know until after it happens" to "I know sometimes before it happens" to "I've known every time but the last 2" to "I've known every time but the 2nd to last time."

And yesterday, he got to the bathroom in time and not even a skid mark in his undies. So we'll see. It's hard, because I don't want him to feel ashamed, but at the same time, 6 is totally old enough to know that pooping in your pants is not cool (if he can control it). lol I think I handled it well, hopefully.

He said he wants me to do a food journal for him anyway, so I will.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#549 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:

Nothing applies anymore. I don't have the stamina for this.

Eat liver. Liver cures everything. Sorta.

Pat

I have a blog.
#550 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post

Quote:

Nothing applies anymore. I don't have the stamina for this.

Eat liver. Liver cures everything. Sorta.

Pat

lol.  But if I eat liver today, dd will be left high and dry for lunch, and I was planning on being on top of things and making some chicken noodle soup (yeah, that's on top of things, sigh).

What do you say if I say I've only ever noticed negative symptoms from eating liver?  (I say vitamin A deficiency issues)

#551 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM

We are beginning our egg trial today, I think. Possibly tomorrow. I'm going to make Gluten Free Girl's cornbread recipe from her site for tomorrow, using rice milk instead of milk, but leaving the eggs in. Also hoping to make sugar cookies which include eggs. If Christmas Eve and Day go okay, then I will consider making a breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and (gf) toast on Boxing Day (day after Christmas). DS1 returns to school on the 2nd, so that allows a couple of days for him to "come down" from a reaction and a few days to get the household back in order, assuming there is a reaction.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#552 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

My allergies have been bad for a week or two, maybe 3 now that I think about it. I'm a dust and mold, so mine happens when the house gets closed up. For me, we run a wood stove, which makes the air drier, so I usually react more when it's going, so I have to keep my fluids up. But I get the runny clear nose, and post nasal drip (which can cause the sore throat). For me, it doesn't effect energy. Do you have a live Christmas tree? That always made my DH's allergies act up (which is why we have a fake one). Or did you get a poinsetta or something that isn't normally in the house?

Our house has been closed up for many weeks already.  We have a live potted tree, but we've had it about a month already.  It is thoroughly dead now, though.  For at least 2 weeks.  I think I put way too many lights on, and it couldn't take the heat.  I now haven't turned the lights on since the 7th, and finally gave up watering it about a week ago.  My goal at this point is to be gentle with it so the needles stay on until Christmas and it looks ok.  

No, no pointseias or anything.  

Nothing new.  

<shrug>

#553 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

We are beginning our egg trial today, I think. Possibly tomorrow. I'm going to make Gluten Free Girl's cornbread recipe from her site for tomorrow, using rice milk instead of milk, but leaving the eggs in. Also hoping to make sugar cookies which include eggs. If Christmas Eve and Day go okay, then I will consider making a breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and (gf) toast on Boxing Day (day after Christmas). DS1 returns to school on the 2nd, so that allows a couple of days for him to "come down" from a reaction and a few days to get the household back in order, assuming there is a reaction.

Ooh, good luck!  Eggs would so great to get back :)  And you're wise to plan it around school.  I don't know if I would have thought of that.

There are fence guys in our backyard, finally fixing the fence where the tree was pushing it up.  You know, the tree that was pulled down on Earth Day, back in April?  The one that dh petitioned the city to not let the HOA take it down.  Who knew an HOA could involve so much drama?

#554 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 03:06 PM

lil_miss_understood - very exciting! Good luck on the egg!!!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#555 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

How long has he been off eggs? What was his symptom before? Eggs are so easy, I wish I could get them back for DS, but it'll be a while before I try those again after his last reaction. I was thinking of trying the kids on something during the break, but I haven't decided what to test them on. I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to try corn. DS and DD2 each had a sip of the Sierra Mist Natural that has citric acid in it, and no one had any reaction. And I've drank 2 2-liter bottles of it and have been fine. But I'm such a wimp and I want to sleep this break away.

Quote:

Ooh, good luck!  Eggs would so great to get back :)  And you're wise to plan it around school.  I don't know if I would have thought of that.

There are fence guys in our backyard, finally fixing the fence where the tree was pushing it up.  You know, the tree that was pulled down on Earth Day, back in April?  The one that dh petitioned the city to not let the HOA take it down.  Who knew an HOA could involve so much drama?

Any government agency causes drama. It's one of their specialties.

So when I went to the doctor today for my UTI, it's the same doctor that tests my thyroid. So I gave him my theory about that I just need narrower limits and that the borderline hyperthyroid symptoms were causing the tinnitus and nausea. He showed it to me (I meant to ask for a copy and forgot) and it was like .10 to the "normal" of low. So if the lower threshold is .45 for TSH, then mine was like .55. If that makes sense. So he said that my theory sounded right and that some people just need to be more closely monitored for the middle of the range, and that if they get to either side, they have symptoms. So I was right. Woo hoo!! And he didn't look at me like I was wacky. I'm roasting a 13 pound turkey just so I can make some broth. And of course I started thawing it when DS got sick. So I decide to make it tonight, and he's been fine from about 10am on, even hyper. So we're having another family over to help us eat the turkey, and play some cards. DH said I could only invite one family over "to save me from myself" because I said let's have a few families over. He's no fun. So baked potatoes (plus one baked white sweet potato for DS), turkey, regular and gluten-free, etc. free gravy, broccoli, salad, and rolls for normal people. I even made bacon bits for the baked potato, and chives, and I'm going to stick coconut milk yogurt on mine instead of sour cream. Yum. I can't wait for the baked potato.  I am so happy to be rid of this nausea. Before noon today I'd already eaten a bowl of cereal, a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 2 bowls of mac & cheese from a couple nights ago, and 3 slices of banana bread. I guess I'm making up for lost time. The doctor said I could stand a few pounds more, and that the nausea might have kept my healing slow because I wasn't getting proper nutrition. I was eating well, but not much, so that may be true. So hopefully my hole will heal up now and I'll be good for my next fill in 2 weeks. I'm so glad to be feeling "normal" again. Oh, and he put the Keflex allergy on my chart (that I had the reaction to after surgery) and he said that cuts out all the penicillins. He said most allergists won't test for allergies to antibiotics because the reaction can be so severe, and most of them will only test for them in the hospital. He said it could be a rash one time, and the next time be anaphylaxis and there's no way to tell. I gave him the hypothesis that it might have been a Herx reaction from lyme and not an allergy, and he said that no doctor would want to try me on it again just to make sure, because of the potential. So considering how many UTIs I get, and I can no longer have any penicillins and no Cipro, I'm starting to worry.

#556 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

So when I went to the doctor today for my UTI, it's the same doctor that tests my thyroid. So I gave him my theory about that I just need narrower limits and that the borderline hyperthyroid symptoms were causing the tinnitus and nausea. He showed it to me (I meant to ask for a copy and forgot) and it was like .10 to the "normal" of low. So if the lower threshold is .45 for TSH, then mine was like .55. If that makes sense. So he said that my theory sounded right and that some people just need to be more closely monitored for the middle of the range, and that if they get to either side, they have symptoms. So I was right. Woo hoo!! And he didn't look at me like I was wacky. I'm roasting a 13 pound turkey just so I can make some broth. And of course I started thawing it when DS got sick. So I decide to make it tonight, and he's been fine from about 10am on, even hyper. So we're having another family over to help us eat the turkey, and play some cards. DH said I could only invite one family over "to save me from myself" because I said let's have a few families over. He's no fun. So baked potatoes (plus one baked white sweet potato for DS), turkey, regular and gluten-free, etc. free gravy, broccoli, salad, and rolls for normal people. I even made bacon bits for the baked potato, and chives, and I'm going to stick coconut milk yogurt on mine instead of sour cream. Yum. I can't wait for the baked potato.  I am so happy to be rid of this nausea. Before noon today I'd already eaten a bowl of cereal, a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 2 bowls of mac & cheese from a couple nights ago, and 3 slices of banana bread. I guess I'm making up for lost time. The doctor said I could stand a few pounds more, and that the nausea might have kept my healing slow because I wasn't getting proper nutrition. I was eating well, but not much, so that may be true. So hopefully my hole will heal up now and I'll be good for my next fill in 2 weeks. I'm so glad to be feeling "normal" again. Oh, and he put the Keflex allergy on my chart (that I had the reaction to after surgery) and he said that cuts out all the penicillins. He said most allergists won't test for allergies to antibiotics because the reaction can be so severe, and most of them will only test for them in the hospital. He said it could be a rash one time, and the next time be anaphylaxis and there's no way to tell. I gave him the hypothesis that it might have been a Herx reaction from lyme and not an allergy, and he said that no doctor would want to try me on it again just to make sure, because of the potential. So considering how many UTIs I get, and I can no longer have any penicillins and no Cipro, I'm starting to worry.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#557 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kathy, glad you had a good appointment, and doubly glad you're feeling a bit better.

We got a tree!  Most looked really dry but some didn't, and we don't need a huge selection, so we got a tree, and at this point, they start really discounting them.  I should be roasting potatoes, will start in just a moment.  Feeling a bit better, not sure why--a bit more energetic, a bit more clear-thinking.  Catching up on my crazy Inbox. 

Whoops, break's over.  Just glad we really don't have anything to do.  I asked DH what we should have for Christmas day food, he joked Chinese, but we're going to do it.  I'm going to make a few stir fries, it'll be nice.  We've scrapped low carb for him til after Christmas, but I'm hoping by the 27th or 28th that we'll be starting again--and I'll be better on the sugar/empty carb thing for myself too.  So one more grocery store trip tomorrow and we'll be set. 

#558 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 04:26 PM

So glad to hear some good news from some of us.

((hugs)) to those that are still having a hard time.

Dh brought dd3 to see our dr and he said there wasnt nothing wrong with her ears. UGH I don't think Dh said all of what was going on but at the same time, I often find that our dr doesn't listen either. So I'm stuck with a dd that has a hard time listening/hearing. Plus she has a cough and he gave her codeine syrup and it did the same as it did for me the last time I used. Just made her cough more. So, I gave her just reg cough med and she was able to sleep better last night.

I had my mw appt on tues and she said that I looked anemic. I am sooo pale that I beleive her. So I went to get some Floradix and have started to take these, plus I started to eat some molasses with some pb. ymmmmm I'm hoping that these two will give me enough iron to stop being anemic.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#559 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So Sandrine, I'm not keeping up well, our DO showed me this technique for helping with coughs that are problematic, she's done it on me and both kids, and I like it, it's a keeper for us.  Kid sits or stands facing away from you, you hold onto their torso at the level of their lowest rib and gently lift them up then put them down.  Move your hands up one rib, repeat, and keep doing that up as far as you can.  Don't do it right before bedtime because it increases coughing for a while, but the cough is more productive and I could see that the kids felt better for the rest of the day, I did too.  It seemed helpful for getting junk moving and getting the cough to resolve. 

Potatoes are roasting, I'm heading out in about half an hour for a mom's night out.  It's a wine/cheese type place but apparently there are cured meats to snack on, helpful since dinner's not ready yet and I'm hungry.  It's just starting to get cold again, I am going to need a jacket and probably socks.  Since I started helping out with the younger kids on our Thursday afternoon activity, I haven't had as much chance to sit and talk with the other moms and so it'll be really nice to have a chance to just sit and talk--I feel a bit out of touch, though I like being busy and DS is having a LOT more fun now that he's more involved on Thursday afternoons. 

#560 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

So Sandrine, I'm not keeping up well, our DO showed me this technique for helping with coughs that are problematic, she's done it on me and both kids, and I like it, it's a keeper for us.  Kid sits or stands facing away from you, you hold onto their torso at the level of their lowest rib and gently lift them up then put them down.  Move your hands up one rib, repeat, and keep doing that up as far as you can.  Don't do it right before bedtime because it increases coughing for a while, but the cough is more productive and I could see that the kids felt better for the rest of the day, I did too.  It seemed helpful for getting junk moving and getting the cough to resolve. 

Potatoes are roasting, I'm heading out in about half an hour for a mom's night out.  It's a wine/cheese type place but apparently there are cured meats to snack on, helpful since dinner's not ready yet and I'm hungry.  It's just starting to get cold again, I am going to need a jacket and probably socks.  Since I started helping out with the younger kids on our Thursday afternoon activity, I haven't had as much chance to sit and talk with the other moms and so it'll be really nice to have a chance to just sit and talk--I feel a bit out of touch, though I like being busy and DS is having a LOT more fun now that he's more involved on Thursday afternoons. 

it is almost like doing the thing when ppl choke? what it's called? I'll try it tomorrow, she's ready to go to bed right now.

Have a nice evening out!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#561 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Good luck with the eggs JR! Keeping my fingers crossed!! fingersx.gif

Yay for feeling normal Kathy!!

We just got a tree today- for free!! joy.gif (Fred Meyer was giving away all the trees they had left.) And I picked up some 50% off plastic ornaments at Michaels when I went to get some lollipop sticks, so we're going to decorate tonight! orngbiggrin.gif

I just had spam and egg sushi for dinner. bag.gif It was pretty good. And THE only sushi at the Asian market that was gluten/dairy/soy free.

#562 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Sandrine, you mean The Heimlich Maneuver?

#563 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

Sandrine, you mean The Heimlich Maneuver?

Yes! but in a nicer, gentler way, of course. :)

#564 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 08:00 PM

Hey ladies, have been following along, but not responding.

And too lazy to quote, so I will try to remember what I wanted to say!

Kathy, I’m glad you are feeling better!

JR, we are going to trial eggs in a similar way – my DD and I made sugar cookie dough with egg tonight, and we are going to bake them tomorrow, and see how it goes from there.  Baring no problems, we will trial eggs for a couple of day next week, and if there are any issues, we will also have a few days to ride it out before going back to school (and my DH is off all next week!).

Went to my ND on Monday; there was little evidence of the other ND (the suspected child molester) ever being there.  She all but striped the lettering off outside her office, and appropriated his office space for other things.  My doc is going to have to move to another, smaller office because she can’t make it in a bigger office without him.  I tried to be low key; I’m sure they’ve had enough dealing with looks, questions, etc.  But I gave her a big hug at the end of my appointment and told her I’ve been thinking of her and her staff and was sending good vibes their way.

But the appointment went well;  there were no surprises in the lab work (cholesterol is finally creeping up), although my TSH is under 1 now, she wasn’t concerned, other than the probable impact that has had on my adrenals – that could be one reason I’ve been having A LOT more adrenal sx lately.  So I’m going to maintain my thyroid meds level, but add adrenal glandulars and see how it goes.  And something else that is really cool is that she electronically sent my new Rx to the long-term pharmacy during our appointment; it’s already been filled and on its way to me!  And not that I needed it, I have her “blessing” to trial eggs.  We agreed that I have enough life stressors, and that doing without eggs any longer isn’t worth it (unless there is a reaction).

And speaking of my life stressors:  I was all excited to come smugly report on Tuesday that my supping Mo, Mag and B6 were really helping my DD with her moods/behaviors issues, and then she decided to pull a whopper of a snit!  She woke up really grumbly, refused to eat breakfast, then also refused to clean her room, going so far as to say that she didn’t care if she didn’t get the gifts she’s been asking for Christmas to prove how serious she was about refusing to clean her room!  I shouldn’t be too hard on myself – the snit probably was induced a bit by her not getting enough sleep lately, and a wee bit of hypoglycemia.  Over all, I believe the B6 is helping to even out her moods a bit.  But man, when she gets this unreasonable and grumpy, it’s really draining.  Lucky DH was there to assist.

Tanya, I'm going to have to remember that maneuver when either kids gets a coughing illness!

I hope all is going well with everyone in their celebration preparations – Tanya and CS, I’m glad you got trees to decorate!

Becky, mom to two - DD ('00) and DS ('08)
#565 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 PM

There hasn't been any kind of exposure to eggs since we pulled them 2 1/2 years ago (along with dairy and gluten), so I'm not certain what kind of reaction to expect, honestly. Wouldn't it be cool if his behaviour got better? rolleyes.gif I can dream, right?Y

Yay for trees and feeling better and good appointments!

#566 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 PM

Dream away lady. lol.gif I often have those dreams....

oaksie- good luck on your egg trial too!

DD's rash seems to be fading... I'm wondering if it wasn't just leftover reaction to the digestive enzymes. Sure took a long time to clear though.

#567 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 PM

no reaction so far, but he's had like 2 cookies of a recipe which makes about 4 dozen and requires 1 egg. and it's only been 2 hours.

shy.giffingersx.gif

eta: oh yeah and... shhh. he doesn't know. mischievous.gif

#568 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 PM

fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

lol at your eta. Although it's probably better that way- you'll get a more accurate result than if he's anticipating something.

#569 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM

Funny thing is that he said "mm these are good. maybe next time you could nake them as banana cookies"... and I'd just been thinking "i wonder if banana would work for the egg for these"

#570 of 770 Old 12-23-2010, 09:50 PM

C'mon, Aris, eat more cookies! fingersx.gif

Our tree moved from the ,idle of the back yard to the backdoors. Maybe tomorrow it'll come in the house. Last year, dd and I painted a bunch of square blocks green and red, and glued them together to make mini Christmas trees for my mom and sister. I'm waiting for the right inspiration to hit so I can let go of the tree alltogether and still have something fun and christmas-y. In the meantime, it's yet another thing that I've let slide, yet again.

CS, yay for the rash fading. For all dd's lack of rashes, ds has got them. The soy one from thanksgiving is *finally* almost gone, but now he has new bumps behind his knees. Ugh. I'm increasing my glutathione. Hopefully that will help tame us a bit over here.

In brighter news, my sister got in tonight and we get to see her tomorrow. She and my mom are taking dd away so we can finish her gifts. And I had a long vent/talk with my mom today, and she's going to make time for dd every Saturday so hopefully we can start getting things together over here and making the household actually run.

Tomorrow is going to be busy. A flurry of birthday christmas and day-to-day cooking, gift sewing, song recording, pinata-making and birthday party planning. If you see me online, yell at me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page