Delicious December 2010 Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 770 Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
deditus- I forget what part of the country you're in... do you get Azure there? They have these eggs, which say soy & corn free on the Azure page. The packaging only says corn-free though, and I haven't gotten around to verifying that yet.

hug.gif Carren and Amy

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#62 of 770 Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

Shannon, I was wondering if mthfr was one of the SNPs they were referencing, I've skimmed a lot of the article but haven't gotten all the details.  My mom was diagnosed with fatty liver, I'm not certain that there's any mthfr variants in my family at all, but we clearly have methylation issues, and I'm guessing that methylation stress is what's causing it for her, when mostly she doesn't consume different amounts of choline than anyone else.  But it makes a good argument for regular egg and/or liver consumption. 

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/hug.gif">I haven't opened my 23andme box, the kids both napped today (even DD, she's 7!) so clearly we are feeling off.  So it doesn't seem like a good day to ask them to spit for half an hour.  But tomorrow, I hope I can do it tomorrow and get it into the mail Saturday.

I just barely skimmed, but I didn't see the specific enzymes/snps in the article you linked, I had to look at the referenced ones for that. I don't think it was mthfr itself that was the folate variable but another one. The interesting bit to me was that it was basically guessing that if your folate isn't working right, then you're not scavenging methyl groups well. If you're not getting methyl groups from folate, then you grab them from choline. If you're getting them from choline, you're depleting your choline. And then there's also the genes responsible for the enzymes that make choline (our bodies do know how to do that) and snps for inefficiencies there.

My one questionable data point is that when I started hydroxy b12, I started depleting methyl groups and needed some methyl b12 to make the symptoms go away. I've got the folate snp they were talking about (in addition to my mthfr snps). I think my folate genetics are just my major weak point.

Got dh's 23andme and had him spit on the spot. It only took him a few minutes.

Eggs. Since being sick, dd has asked for eggs a few times, then just stares at them and I have to keep reminding her to even take a bite, and she hasn't finished one yet. It's like they sound good but aren't appetizing once they're in front of her. She's been a total carbolic lately, but has eaten a bit of meat in the last few days. I feel like one of those puzzles where you stare and stare and stare and try to figure out what you're looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

also - does anyone think any of our typical mood raisers will help with pp hormone issues? or do I need to get my hormones in order.  (never got my placenta -sent to the lab after my emergency surgery)

also - can low iron be a cause of emotional stuff? my energy is pretty good but I hemmoraged pretty badly and my numbers are rather low -  not scary or anything.  My energy is quite good though. 

hug.gif
I've definitely had bouts of what I'm sure can be labeled as postpartum depression, but it's more food reactions for me. What are the reasons for ppd anyway? It seems like a lot has to do with nutrient depletion from pregnancy and nursing, and then there are the other variables like birth trauma or *not* breastfeeding. Do you have a feeling of what's causing it for you?

I don't know if there's a direct connection between iron and mood, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to find one with a step or two in between.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#63 of 770 Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 PM

I started a choline wiki, just to keep everything in one place:
http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/all-about-choline

I picture slowly building a library of wikis that we can point people to instead of threads? Yeah? And as they get developed, they'll all interlink so it'll be easy (well, easier lol.gif) to try and chase down a path. I figure this'll end up mostly my project, and it'll be slow going, but is there any reason not to start it? Is there a different/better way to collect info? Would threads really be better for this?

Speaking of which, each wiki page has it's own mini forum, with the possibility for multiple threads. It's supposed to be used for organizing the page and coordinating edits and stuff, not for talking about the content itself, but it seems like it might be the perfect place to have people ask questions.

Battery dying, bedtime. Thoughts?

#64 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 05:43 AM

Amy, hug.gif I hope you find some answers soon. I agree with Shannon, that a lot of times, my depression/anxiety/whatever can be closely tied to reactions. But, I also find that if DD is reacting to something unknown, that I am more likely to manifest old symptoms b/c I am just SO DONE WITH THIS BS. It's alarming how tied MY moods can be to HER reactions. :( I also know that if I'm not sleeping well, I am a mess. 

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#65 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 AM

:eyes

thanks everybody

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#66 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Tsfairy, before I forget... I don't think there are big, likely issues with D supplementation and potentially (likely? even if the tests come back ok) being hypothyroid.  Many people who are hypo are also low in vitamin A, so the interaction between A and D (they get used up together, often, doing the various things they do) is the most likely one.  I cheaped out and bought some of Carlson's vitamin A from fish oil, partly for the price (vs CLO), partly for the palateability (I'm a bit put-off by the stories of the taste of fermented CLO, and how do I know if it's bad if it always tastes bad?), and partly because the EPA in larger amounts of fish oil tends to cause bruising in me and then I have to offset that with extra K2 and it was just more than I wanted to deal with.  So maybe supplementing A is reasonable, 5,000 IU of D isn't a huge amount (I tend to take extra of whatever to work on our deficiencies, I think it's why I've overshot a few times for me and the kids--it's a learning experience, that's right.... ) 

Other than that, I can't think of specific hypo/vitamin D supplementation issues.

In other news... I have an appointment for myself at our DO's office, I'm going to ask her to help with my back pain.  My upper back/neck has been achy for a while, and after it _again_ worsened and really hurt for a few days, it occurred to me that I should do something about it. 

I keep meaning to join the allergy cookbook thread, maybe today I'll try to do that,and get back to the Genetics and Detoxification wiki.  And hard boil some eggs.  lol.gif 

Menomena, thank you for the chicken liver ideas, after our first batch, I will try branching out.  DH is skeptical but I'm thinking this will be really yummy.  And if it's only so-so, I'm going to sell it to the kids as a sandwich topping along with the crunchier-ideas from (Shannon?  someone here), wish I had some homemade pickles, they'd be yummy chopped up with onions.  I swear I've been having onion cravings for ages. 

The beet recipe is beautiful, that color is amazing. 

FireWithin--I haven't been that great at getting my moods in order--it always seems to be a slow process.  Lack of nutrients combined with the usual new baby suspects of stress (and dang but did you have a lot of stress with the older kids sick and a sick newborn, and now figuring out new food triggers) plus lack of sleep, it's hard to overcome.  Stress depletes nutrients in me like crazy, but it's hard to figure out exactly which to work on.  re: algae vs fish oil, my HCP likes algae but I'm not really sure why, other than wanting to really, really, really stay away from possible ocean contaminants.  Me, I'm going with what's affordable.  Not sure if EPA would cause issues in you at all like it does with us (have you taken CLO some/a lot in the past?), but if you do opt for a fish oil, well, we are using Jarrow DHA Max (I think that's the name), it's a lot higher in DHA than EPA--non-zero EPA but doesn't cause any issues for us. 

Oaksie--do you feel worse not nursing?  Or do you think it's just coincident with not consuming eggs?  (or maybe those were two totally time-separated events, now that I go back and re-read) ... Early on, when we cut gluten and dairy (the first food elimination I'd ever done), we added in tons of eggs, and it really seemed to work for me--it felt good.  Now I'm wondering if it was helping in a backdoor methylation way, at the time I just assumed the fat and cholesterol were helping me.  Is there a time when you can consume them without causing issues for the kids?  I have struggled with that for months now with DD's protein thing--my meat cravings are just getting stronger.  I'm taking this month to really get on top of food for all of us--since we're not travelling for Christmas, it just feels like a relaxed holiday month, rather than the usual stress. 

#67 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Oaksie--do you feel worse not nursing?  Or do you think it's just coincident with not consuming eggs?  (or maybe those were two totally time-separated events, now that I go back and re-read) ... Early on, when we cut gluten and dairy (the first food elimination I'd ever done), we added in tons of eggs, and it really seemed to work for me--it felt good.  Now I'm wondering if it was helping in a backdoor methylation way, at the time I just assumed the fat and cholesterol were helping me.  Is there a time when you can consume them without causing issues for the kids?  I have struggled with that for months now with DD's protein thing--my meat cravings are just getting stronger.  I'm taking this month to really get on top of food for all of us--since we're not travelling for Christmas, it just feels like a relaxed holiday month, rather than the usual stress. 

I stopped nursing around the begining of August, after getting a second ultrasound of my thyroid that showed that one nodule increased in size, and the endo recommended both a FNA and a Thyroid Uptake scan (where you take RAI-123 after stopping meds and supps for 2-4 weeks before).  I realized that continuing nursing was causing me not to be able to really work on healing my adrenals (supps I couldn't take while nursing, etc.).  So I stopped, starting taking other stuff for my adrenals.  I have not done either the FNA (will do sometime soon) or Thyroid Uptake scan (won't consider doing this until/unless the FNA comes back suspicious or indeterminant, and even then, I have some research to do first).  I was/am hoping if I get out of my funk and take care of myself, especially focusing on my adrenals, that I can/could positively impact the whole thyroid nodule situation.  Probably wishful thinking.....  But it's been hard with my DH being gone so much - even if I could get clarity about what I need to do when, there hasn't been the time to schedule appointment(s).  And I'm just scraping by getting stuff done, tired from the day to day stuff to have the energy to focus and do the research that I need to do (and can't find the info I need anyways)

As a family, we stopped eating eggs completely around the same time.  Could be a coincidence, but it doesn't so much feel that way. I could "sneak" eggs while my daughter is at school, and hope my son doesn't care one way or another (but I still don't think that eggs are an issue for them, so I ask myself again why I haven't added them back in?).  We have become a more carb eating family, especially for breakfast/snack, without eggs in our diet.  And my kids and I do well eating a good amount of protein (meaning they can eat and eat, and eat and eat, and eat and eat carbs (even with fats) until the cows come home and not feel full/satiated....)

And my teeth and gums are a mess - I have one amalgam left to get out, and it's pretty stinking old (and I had at least four amalgams taken out in late 2001/early 2002, without approprate precautions).  I really feel like that filling and my hormonal situation are really impacting the health of my mouth, even though I have pretty good hygeine (well at least now - right after DS was born, I kind of slacked on it ).  But trying to get my dental stuff taken care of (only a few biologic/holistic dentists in my area, and the closest one is minimum of 45 minutes drive, one way), on top of the other stuff, without any (consistent) childcare makes me feel overwhelmed, and so I do nothing.....

So, long story short , I'm not sure which, if not both, can explain me feeling worse lately......But I sure do sound like a Debbie Downer, thanks for listening to my whining......

So I guess I should just buy the dang eggs and eat them?!?!?!!?!?!?

Becky, mom to two - DD ('00) and DS ('08)
#68 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM

It's not multi quoting for me today. I don't get it.

My mother left today. She was a great help, but lots of negative energy, which I can only take so much of at one time.

Sweet Potato Scones - should I stick it here or in the recipe thread? Here, and then maybe I can figure out how to get to the recipe thread and link it? See if I have that much brain power tonight....

3/4 c. sorghum flour

1/4 c. tapioca flour

1 tsp. karaya gum

(or whatever combination makes up the equivalent of 1 c. of regular flour... that's what I do)

1 tsp. sugar

1 c. mashed cooked sweet potato

2 Tbs. canola oil

Mix together to form soft dough (adding 1-2 Tbs. rice or other alternative milk if necessary). Place on floured (my mother used tapioca starch) surface and pat to 1/2" thick. Cut in 2" rounds. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.

My mother doubled the batch every time, and froze some. The kids would eat them warm, or cut in half for sandwiches in their lunchboxes (at least DS was loving having Applegate turkey bologna sandwiches with mustard). They are not sweet. I actually haven't tried them because the kids have been scarfing them down so fast.

I'm trying not to overdo it. I did drive again today. A half mile round trip but it's getting easier.

Leigh - I was sort of like that when my grandmother died. She was 97 and she was vibrant until just the end. Suddenly the last week, she just sort of decided to stop. She wasn't really even sick. Just wouldn't eat, then stayed in bed. But she was at home, with family, and she'd had a long life, so it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Though I still miss her, and think of her often and fondly, and tell my kids about her, which I think is important. I think it's always hard. And there's always a process we go through, which is probably a little different with each circumstance. But you have lots of hugs coming from around the country.

DD1 decided to make biscuits today (yes the gluten filled, butter, milk kind), on every surface of the kitchen, right after I'd finally cleaned it after my mother left - she likes clutter more than I do). So had to do all the counters again, and wash everything twice or three times for good measure. Always something.

We're not traveling this Christmas either. Low key. Too much medical stuff (and bills) going on. I did a little decorating today. Haven't put the tree up yet though. Just the wreath and some Santas and Snowmen around. I'm hoping Christmas will be low key this year. Though some family is coming to stay with us the week before Christmas; they're leaving the 22nd so it won't be in the middle of the hubbub. And they're good with the kids, and really helpful, so I like it when they come to visit.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#69 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Not quoting because it drives me crazy.

Kathy, is this one of the recipes where you use the white sweet potatoes? I have a few left from my buckwheat cinnamon rolls that I need to use up. I think I may need to make a few gf baked goods week after next, as my parents will be here and they are big into grains, but I will not have gluten in my house.

Did ya'll see Chris Masterjohn's new post on choline?

http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/2010/12/meeting-choline-requirement-eggs-organs.html

CS, thanks for the egg link. We are the farthest east that Azure goes, Twin Cities, baby! I am actually the group contact for our drop site. I will have to check those out. I think the choline link is a major concern and one of the reasons why I lament the loss of eggs so. I can only eat so much liver. As in none. JK, I actually do like my chicken liver pate, but dd usually scarfs it all down.

Nothing scary has happened from my yogurt yesterday! Woo-hoo!

Hugs, Leigh I felt the same way about both my G-pa and G-ma passing. They were ready and I was happy they would no longer be in pain, physical or emotionally.

Amy, I don't really know what to advise for ppd. I took lots of fish oil, I took 5-htp, but I felt comfortable taking it since dd was much older. Folate helped me with the dopamine aspect. Are you doing some infusions? I found they certainly helped, especially oat straw. I think iron could definitely be a possibility. I had a m/c in 2002 and bled for almost 6 months. I actually attribute a lot of my downward spiral healthwise to that, I became severely depressed and self-medicated with alcohol.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#70 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 PM

My mother was using regular sweet potatoes. I use the white sweet potatoes when he wants them to taste more like a white potato, like if he's going to have gravy on it, or with his corned beef to make hash. I tried making sweet potato fries with the white sweet potato, and I didn't think it tasted any different (and they're a lot more expensive) so I save the white sweet potatoes for special occasions.

Now I'm making Chex mix. I'm actually using the oven for it. Since I recall something about sparks or something ominous last time I tried to make it in the microwave last year. It smells really good. I broke up some rice crackers in it too, so there would be a different texture besides just the cereal and some peanuts.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#71 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the recipe Kathy- that sounds good. I need to find more things like that, that are quick carb-y snacks for me. I caved and bought a gyro last night at the mall, when we went to the kids museum... and my eczema is crazy flared today, when it was almost gone before. greensad.gif Definitely gluten and/or corn that are triggering it. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to be affected by dairy. So now, after another completely exhausting day, I'm about to just order a pizza for dinner. bag.gif sigh.

Forgot what else I was coming on to say... oh well.

#72 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Thanks for the recipe Kathy- that sounds good. I need to find more things like that, that are quick carb-y snacks for me. I caved and bought a gyro last night at the mall, when we went to the kids museum... and my eczema is crazy flared today, when it was almost gone before. greensad.gif Definitely gluten and/or corn that are triggering it. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to be affected by dairy. So now, after another completely exhausting day, I'm about to just order a pizza for dinner. bag.gif sigh.

Forgot what else I was coming on to say... oh well.

I would just about frickin' kill for a gyro. I keep toying with making the tzatziki sauce out of coconut milk yogurt, but there's no way I could duplicate the meat (which has allllll sorts of stuff in it, btw), yum. I love gyros. Can you tell?

#73 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

meeeee too. It was really good. orngbiggrin.gif

Ack. DP has been ripping down walls and ceilings all day in the back rooms. It's insane. There is rat poop EVERYWHERE. Like piles of it, under where he ripped the ceiling out. Uh-oh... now there's a lot of banging and cussing. I better go tell him to take a break already!!

eta: omg.. I should not have gone back there. He's got the ceiling down in the 2nd room now, and it is a mess. bleck.

#74 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Kathy, you mean gyro meat?  I think Alton Brown did an episode on gyros and he made his own meat, can I find the recipe?  ...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe/index.html

#75 of 770 Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:

Kathy, you mean gyro meat?  I think Alton Brown did an episode on gyros and he made his own meat, can I find the recipe?  ...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe/index.html

Oh, yum! Awesome! Must clear off freezer so we can open it and find ground lamb!

hug.gif cs

#76 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:

Funny, I was going to say that all gyro meat is is lamb (or beef), garlic, onions and marjoram. The rosemary is optional. The Greek couple who 'adopted' me after I named DS1 taught me how to make it when I was moving away (to a different town) from their restaurant. ;)

Good day in the city. I LOVE Capella Market. Always spend way too much $$ there though!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#77 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 05:41 AM

#78 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

5 weeks pp and I'm pretty sure I'm getting my period back, don't think it is lochia - probably a piece of my mental health issue.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#79 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Oh Amy... (hugs) some women do have break through bleeding at the end? is it possible that you're over-exerting yourself physically? i.e. the "doing too much, too soon" idea? (hugs)

#80 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Oh, and CS - I saw your response to the poster asking about what causes babies to not tolerate foods on the elemental formula thread. Your post tone reflected my feelings. It felt incredibly condescending to have her come in and "teach" us about good vs. bad soy (which, she wasn't even clear in her own head about) and about how awesome quinoa and oats are. *sigh* Between that and the hostile poster in the peanut ban thread, I don't even feel "safe" in the ALLERGY forum. Sheesh. 

#81 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 AM

hug2.gif Amy. I got mine back at 6 week pp after DD- came a couple months, then it went away again for a year. headscratch.gif

And lol.gif... I need to unsubscribe myself to the entire forum, because I look at all the new threads every day, instead of just every so often like I used to... and I just can't keep my big mouth shut. orngtongue.gif

eta: Taking a quick break from work right now... need to get 5 hours in today because I've been slacking all week. ACK!! And we have people coming for dinner tonight. Double ACK!! So I probably won't be back to chat until tomorrow...

#82 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 AM

hug.gif to all who need them.

I had  breakthrough bleeding, Amy, from over-extending myself pp. I wouldn't be the least surprised if that were the case for you, as well. I'm pretty sure your boys are at least as active as mine, probably more so.

Got licorice that's safe for DS1 at Capella yesterday for their stockings. Also got some of the "natural" "gelatin", which will probably be "self stable" since it uses vegetable gums. So I'm planning to try it out next weekend to see if it *is* before trying to stick it in DS1's lunch box. Got more cherries too. I guess I should get cracking on attempting Christmas baking!

All our Christmas shopping is done, except for 5 people (all adults). Well, I guess I should say 6, since it's not fair to buy SMIL a gift if we don't also buy MIL's SO a gift, right?

Ok. Gotta run. Hopefully MIL's coming over today to help with the kids so I can get the kitchen organized... or the garage, I haven't entirely decided which yet.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#83 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM

#84 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Just checking in.

Having a really bad day emotionally. DS's behavior is out of control and he won't sleep. He woke up 3x last night between 8 and 11 and then stayed up until after 3. When he's up he doesn't let us sleep, at all. I'm completely exhausted physically and mentally.

We're doing a Sinterklaas (St. Nicolas' Day) celebration at MIL's tonight, complete with gluteney treats. Yay. :/

The kids will put out their shoes and get little treats (pj's, a video, stickers) in the morning. I should be excited, but just not in a celebratory mood.

Thanks for the little vent. :)

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#85 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Hey, I've got ground lamb in the freezer!! See, I guess I do like lamb. It's just that every time I've asked at a Greek restaurant it always has MSG or soy or something in it, so I know it doesn't only have "spices".

I've been laying around in bed all day. Slight temp which I don't like. But on 4 Advil, I can't get it down. I'm not taking the Advil for the fever since normally I let fevers run their course, but I'm taking 4 Advil at a time for the pain and all that, and you'd think it would take the fever down, but it's been running 99.6 all day and I don't get fevers. My first fill is tomorrow on my expanders and last time they didn't fill because I was "green" so I'm hoping I'm okay tomorrow.

DS and DD2 wanted to make sugar cookies today so we used a recipe from here and they did most of it. They turned out good. They ate half of them already.

Now I'm going to have to go look up these threads ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfairy View Post

Just checking in.

Having a really bad day emotionally. DS's behavior is out of control and he won't sleep. He woke up 3x last night between 8 and 11 and then stayed up until after 3. When he's up he doesn't let us sleep, at all. I'm completely exhausted physically and mentally.

We're doing a Sinterklaas (St. Nicolas' Day) celebration at MIL's tonight, complete with gluteney treats. Yay. :/

The kids will put out their shoes and get little treats (pj's, a video, stickers) in the morning. I should be excited, but just not in a celebratory mood.

Thanks for the little vent. :)

Hugs to you!

#86 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM

hug.gif tsfairy

#87 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Just made my "famous" grain-free crackers, but instead of 1C tapioca, I used 1/2C potato starch and 1/2C tapioca starch. Holy cow. YUM. 

Full recipe for the interested: 

2 eggs

2 Tbsp oil

1 tsp ACV

1/2 C tapioca starch

1/2 C potato starch (NOT flour)

~ 1/4 tsp sea salt

~ 1/4 tsp baking soda

5 tbsp water

I usually mix up the eggs, oil & vinegar and then add the dry ingredients to get a well-mixed paste, then pour in the water. Pour onto two well-oiled cookie sheets (with sides). Bake at 400*F for about 15-20 (until crispy). Enjoy!

Tonight we are putting peanut butter and jelly on them and having an old school snack night while I knit and he plays his new video game (early xmas present from his brother). :D 

#88 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 05:58 PM

Wow, I knew tonight would be a bit stressful, but wow. Everything MIL cooked was loaded with regular soy sauce. I opted (very calmly and without any drama) to fix something else for the kids and myself since none of us wants me or DS to get glutened. FIL threw a FIT, and basically told me I'm not welcome there anymore. Well that's just freaking aweseome. Needless to say, I left in tears, the kids got upset, and DH may or may not be speaking to me at the moment. Lovely. All because of stupid food.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#89 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 06:09 PM

tsfairy (((HUGS))) I had a similar, but not quite as dramatic incident with my MIL this summer. It has taken a toll on our relationship, but we're bouncing back, slowly. I hope that you are able to get DH on board with you and to work you way to peace with the extended family. (HUGS)

#90 of 770 Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

grouphug.gif Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear that. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page