Mothering Forum banner

need more snack variety - ideas?

650 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  kjbrown92 
#1 ·
Looking for ideas for simple/quick/ easy to prepare snacks for my toddlers. We are gluten, rice, oat, soy and actually all legume, grape, carrot, and chocolate free. We usually eat eggs but my DS1 has been saying they have soy and gluten (I'm guessing they bother his tummy?) so we might have to retest for those. I do make a bread out of almond flour, so we can do snacks that have a bread/toast component too.

Some things they enjoy now are:

cheese and veggie skewers

tortillas (sometimes with cheese) with guacamole

apples (or other fruit) with nut butter

yogurt with fruit

homemade trail/nut mix

ocassionally a Larabar if we're out, but they're a little too sweet for us

They snack a lot and I think we need more variety. I have some tahini but they don't like to dip anything in it plain/as is so I'd need ideas to dress it up and add more flavor. Sometimes I bake with almond and coconut flour, but I don't always have the time. Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
my kids love nut butter mixed with bananas for a snack. Also frozen banana slices and even frozen fruit (raspberries especially). You can also make your own lara bars with blended raisins and nuts, maybe a little coconut oil and coconut flakes, so you can make them however sweet you want them.

#5 ·
I'm assuming you can still eat corn--what about popcorn with various toppings? We like it with soy-free EB and sea salt, and I also make a version where I drizzle it with olive oil and then sprinkle with lemon pepper (organic Whole Foods-type so it doesn't have icky additives) and nutritional yeast.

#6 ·
smoothies

buckwheat waffles (we cut them into strips and then they dip them in syrup), or make pancakes and wrap around breakfast sausage (Jones sausage is safe for us, and sounds like it would be safe for you as well).

since dairy is safe, you could make a dip out of sour cream and/or yogurt, and they can dip veggies in it (dipping always makes eating more fun).

sweet potato fries, french fries

meatballs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.