Dark circles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

All 3 of my kids have dark circles despite sleeping good. My oldest has 23 confirmed food allergies + 3 enviromental + 1 pet allergy. My middle child has GERD.

My baby has a few confirmed food allergies atm (corn/dairy/grapes/pork, a few others).

Their iron has been checked, they're all good on that.

Could the dark circles be due to food allergies?

#2 of 40 Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Yes, absolutely. That's a pretty common allergy symptom.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#3 of 40 Old 12-23-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thought so, thanks so much!

#4 of 40 Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM

My daughter is 15 months old and has a confirmed dairy/soy allergy, she also has consistent dark circles under her eyes.

#5 of 40 Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you've gotten all the allergies out, then it's possible there are still food intolerances lurking there that you haven't figured out. And with the middle child having GERD, have you figured out the food issues there?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#6 of 40 Old 12-28-2010, 08:05 PM

Besides additional food intolerances, dark circles can indicate a bad balance of gut bacteria.  DD's dark circles get better and worse depending on how her gut is--and food intolerances play in there because when you're still eating a problematic food, gut bacteria are going to tend to be out of whack.  But for us, even getting the foods out, I still need to use probiotics and at times other things to make her gut happy. 

#7 of 40 Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 AM

Sals foods make my dd get bad dark circles.  Molybdenum help tone them down.

#8 of 40 Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

If you've gotten all the allergies out, then it's possible there are still food intolerances lurking there that you haven't figured out. And with the middle child having GERD, have you figured out the food issues there?

Shes currently allergic to 23 foods, so I'm sure there's more.

As far as my middle child, not yet. He gets allergy tested on Jan 14th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

Besides additional food intolerances, dark circles can indicate a bad balance of gut bacteria.  DD's dark circles get better and worse depending on how her gut is--and food intolerances play in there because when you're still eating a problematic food, gut bacteria are going to tend to be out of whack.  But for us, even getting the foods out, I still need to use probiotics and at times other things to make her gut happy. 

Very interesting! My middle child has had GERD since birth, could this be causing his dark circles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

What is molybdenum?

#9 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 05:20 AM

Molybdenum is a mineral. Very rich in legumes, but more effective for my kids if we supplment.

#10 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting! I;ll look into it

#11 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:

What are sals foods?  Just curious smile.gif as I try to figure out allergies for us too.

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#12 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Where I can get Molybdenum ?

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#13 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabchi View Post

Where I can get Molybdenum ?

I get mine on ebay but the moly I use is BodyBio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post

Quote:

What are sals foods?  Just curious smile.gif as I try to figure out allergies for us too.

Here is the sals/amine/histamine thread!

#14 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Where are the dark circles? There are 3 general spots. Right under the eye is kidneys, under that is the colon and closer to the bridge of the nose is adrenals.

Kimberly DH of 8 years DS 08/2002 DS 04/2005 DD 11/2007
Holistic consultations, supplements, herbs, flower essences www.IllinoisNaturopathy.com
#15 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturopath Mom View Post

Where are the dark circles? There are 3 general spots. Right under the eye is kidneys, under that is the colon and closer to the bridge of the nose is adrenals.

Ooohh... working on the mommy guilt, that's where DD's wax and wane (at the moment they're more noticeable).  Not that it's a surprise, adrenal issues seemed likely, but still. 

#16 of 40 Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:

Cool info!

#17 of 40 Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ooohh... working on the mommy guilt, that's where DD's wax and wane (at the moment they're more noticeable).  Not that it's a surprise, adrenal issues seemed likely, but still. 

this can also tell which cell salts will be most effective.

#18 of 40 Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:

yup, and I'd even go a step further and say that's they all tend to be indicative of how well your body is accessing/utilizing minerals.  The reason they show up with food intolerances, bacterial imbalances and the like is that when you're struggling with these issues you're not as nutritionally stable as you could be.  So IMO  the circles are reflective of a lack of nutrients (specifically minerals) which can be a result of many things.

riomidwife likes this.
#19 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Right under all their eyes. Interesting info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:

yup, and I'd even go a step further and say that's they all tend to be indicative of how well your body is accessing/utilizing minerals.  The reason they show up with food intolerances, bacterial imbalances and the like is that when you're struggling with these issues you're not as nutritionally stable as you could be.  So IMO  the circles are reflective of a lack of nutrients (specifically minerals) which can be a result of many things.

Thank you. That makes sense since my 3yo doesn't eat a very balanced diet (hes afraid of most foods b/c they bother his reflux) and my other 2 are on allergy diets.

#20 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

This is my 3yo. You can kinda see them here

#21 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

a better pic

#22 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 01:35 PM

I would get a vitamin D3 test on all of them. My younger brother had terrible dark circles and a rather pale complexion, turns out it was due to a vitamin D3 deficiency. 

http://homefirst.com/info-1/current-health-news/vitamin-d3.html

Apparently 75% of americans are deficient. My doctor is part of an integrative medical practice, she tested me and I was also very deficient, I  now take it as a supplement. 

isabchi likes this.
#23 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

That's a really good idea. My DH had his tested last yr and his was extremely low. He was put on 50, 000IU's. I had mine tested and it was semi low but not too bad. I've never had my kids vit D checked but I will.

#24 of 40 Old 03-20-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

this can also tell which cell salts will be most effective.

Sorry to hijack, but Ooh, PB, can you please expand on the right cell salts? I don''t see anything in the biochemic handbook that mentions adrenals and I'm not that far in my most recent round of 30 library books yet to see what more I can do specifically for the adrenals. (Just finished Detoxification & Healing, by Dr Sydney McDonald Baker, friend and colleague of such greats as Pauling, Galland, Bland, etc. Great explanations of why and how detox happens in the body, but not much in the way of suggestions on  to what to do to heal, so I'm off to the next book.)

As you may remember I'm already using the calcs (not as consistently as I'd like, but still using them) and some intermittent ferr phos on my kids for teeth. We're also on TF, CO, doing FCLO, probiotics, water kefir, zinc, magnesium, raw honey before bed, digestive enzymes so much they want to kill me, and, as often as possible, nettle infusions.  I've been learning as much as possible about detox and attempting to do what I can in myself, but most of it involves things that taste so horrible I haven't wanted to fight before I really know what I'm doing... My kids seem to be all 3 at different times, but mostly adrenal, and they're getting worse rather than better.

BTW, I just added the magnesium ("Calm" powder) and zinc, but the others I've been doing since Dec.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#25 of 40 Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Well, from one Jessica to another, we're in the same boat.  It seems that we pretty much do the same supplements, ferment the same foods, and feel at our wits end!  I have heard that looking worse is good at the beginning, though I don't know how long that should last!

I also add in nat sulp (#11) as it is supposed to help with the liver and intestines, and therefore good for food sensitivities, as well as nat phos (#10) to help break down food and help make enzymes.

I've also tried these for detox from wellzymes.  We're on our second week of bottle number 1.

And to add to that, from elixirs.com, I've added in small intestine and large intestine (both 30c) as well as liver in 6c.

Your kids may want to kill you with the enzymes.  Mine are like baby birds, lol, they see me coming with yet another bottle, and they just open their mouths orngbiggrin.gif.

All that said, ds is slightly less constipated, and the puffy dark circles under his eyes are better some days, worse others.  Go figure.  Perhaps more things are coming out/its working.  I don't know!!!  Poor guy.  I'm going to take him to an osteopath tomorrow.

Naturopath Mom: what does it mean if the circles are like bags under the full eye and dark?

#26 of 40 Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 AM

I'll come back to this, for some reason MDC has decided I can have SOME of my notifications, but not all.  For the circles-it's in the context of the whole.  There needs to be more than just the circle/darkness and the location to lead you to a salt, but I can talk a bit more about that.

When you have the edema with it that does add more to the picture.

#27 of 40 Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 AM

Subbing to learn more about the dark circle indicators. This forum is such an amazing resource. I learn something each time I read a new thread!

#28 of 40 Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:

I'll come back to this, for some reason MDC has decided I can have SOME of my notifications, but not all.  For the circles-it's in the context of the whole.  There needs to be more than just the circle/darkness and the location to lead you to a salt, but I can talk a bit more about that.

When you have the edema with it that does add more to the picture.

Yes, it sure does.  For a least a month now, I've added in nat mur. cell salt too.  Still no puffy reduction.  Its quite a puzzle!

#29 of 40 Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post

Yes, it sure does.  For a least a month now, I've added in nat mur. cell salt too.  Still no puffy reduction.  Its quite a puzzle!

nat mur doesn't generally do much for edema...I have better luck with nat sulph fwiw.  the way I think of it is nat mur where there's lack and nat sulph where there's excess....simplistic for sure but in general that tends to be helpful!

#30 of 40 Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees_Mama View Post

This is my 3yo. You can kinda see them here

That's exactly the dark circles of my DD

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page