Stopping our food elimination.... need help moms. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So about a month ago we had gotten my daughter tested for food Sensitivities and she came back with 24 allergies. Wheat, egg, yeast, soy, tomato, cantaloupe, lemon, pineapple just to name a few. i havent seen anymore of a difference in her. now she was sleeping thru the nite, starting the nite we got back from the docs for 11 days straight (shes 2.5) and hasnt slept thru since. weve stayed on the diet. has her normal temmper tantrums once in a while and has begun to learn to talk back very well in this last month, like any average 2.5 year old i'd say... i am thinking about letting her have these foods again... I was wondering anyones input on this since I've found out that this testing is not very accurate. Mind you, while she was eating these foods, there were never any physical signs of her being sick and since we did start the diet, she has had eczema on her butt... we don't give her dairy unless its in pizza once in a while. Just looking for some input from all you smart moms out there. since on this diet, its been hard to feed her since she mainly just can eat, meat, fruits and veggies and the aincent grains, which she isnt a fan of. We got the results from our naturopath, who I've decided to no longer see since shortyly after the I couldn't get a phone call back from her for a question about the "rash" she had on her butt after starting this diet.... THANKS moms!!! You guys are so much help!!!

#2 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 AM

What test was it?

What were her symptoms before?

Did you keep a food journal?

What foods did you remove?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#3 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Why did you do the test if she doesn't have any symptom of food allergies- just curious??

Also- if you're giving her pizza "every once in a while", then you're not doing a complete elimination, and you're not going to see results until you do (if she's actually allergic to those foods.)

If you are going to stop eliminating, the best way to do it is to reintroduce ONE food at a time, every 3-4 days.  That way, you can see if she gets new symptoms when you add a food.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#4 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

The test was the igg comprehensive food sensitivity assay. She was supposed to get hr blood levels checked and vitamin d checked first but the lab screwed up and tested for food sensitivities first. I was in shock when she came back with all those. Her immune system has been lowered due to being on many antibiotics when she was young, ear infection, kidney infection, pneumonia, mrsa, pylinitol cyst and preventative antibiotics. I guess I haven't really found a doc which we love and can give me a straight answer about anything. I feel like her 'new' diet is great and all but it is expensive to eat like this as well. While I want to get to the root of her immune dysfunction, I am at a loss on where to go next if anywhere since we have so many doc bills.... Our house is in foreclosure and yada yada so we are a little hard up for money. As many families are in this economy. But anyways, we have her on Thorne vitamins (childrens multi), the thorne L-glutamine (amino acid) vit d, and clo. What else can I do for her?? Thanks for all yor help ladies!
#5 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and also the pizza she was off of during that time. We are mostly dairy free, like I said nice in a while we do pizza more as a treat... As I love it once in a while too greensad.gif
#6 of 7 Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and the foods we removed, the big names, are, wheat gluten, egg, both yeasts,soy, milk, rice, tomato, cantaloupe, pineapple, green beans.
#7 of 7 Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM

With the IgG testing, it should have given you a range for her reactions (severe, moderate and mild). I would eliminate the moderate and severe and start rotating in the mild reactive ones to see what happens. In alot of cases, once they are off of them for a period of time their sensativity to it goes away and you can add them back in. But, as PP said, I would do one at a time to make sure she doesn't have a reaction.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page