Jumping January 2011 Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Link to previous thread

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1282964/delicious-december-2010-chat

Man, I've always wanted to do that.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Go Carren!  lol.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM

I was wondering why no one posted on the dec thread. :lol It's because there is a new one! Thanks!!!

I'm pain free again for now. phewww the first dose of meds only touch the pain a bit and then the second dose worked well and I got to sleep thru half the night.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM

In honor of the new thread, I'm going to take the trouble to do it the way that works....

privateeyes.gif

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Link to previous thread

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1282964/delicious-december-2010-chat

I never want to do it. I figure I'll screw it up somehow! Glad you got to do it if that was your wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

I'm pain free again for now. phewww the first dose of meds only touch the pain a bit and then the second dose worked well and I got to sleep thru half the night.

Pain free is good! And half the night is better than none. I hope it stays good for you.

So  DH started telling me this morning about this "thing" and he said he was scared to tell me because he thought I'd put it on FB, so again, I'm putting it here!!  So he's been having butt burning and itching. And he said he's been having a lot of gas, and softer than usual BMs. I asked what he's been having more of or something new... so we realized that he's been having a lot more ice cream (he'd brought all the extra home from work and finished them off pretty fast) and he's been having more grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc. so basically more dairy. And I said he was getting older it could be lactose intolerance, and that wasn't so bad. So he said he doesn't want to start by taking some things out then more, so he wants to take all dairy out for 2 weeks, then see if he tolerates the low lactose things like yogurt and butter. He wants to join our club. How sweet!! So I went out and got the Coconut Milk Creamers - regular and hazelnut for his coffee. So far today he's been good. And most of the stuff I make for his lunches (in the freezer) are already safe (except the lasagna which is especially made for him). So we'll see how this goes.

And DS came home in a pretty good mood, just hungry, which really makes me think it's the carrots. We're having soft tacos tonight. I got the rice tortillas at WF, which have xanthan gum in them. I have to mark that down too, in case that's what's doing it. I hate it when something new pops up and I have to figure it out.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

What if your DH just tries some lactaid.  That's the route my mom is taking.  I mean its sweet that he wants to join the club and all but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

Quote:

Link to previous thread

I never want to do it. I figure I'll screw it up somehow! Glad you got to do it if that was your wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

Pain free is good! And half the night is better than none. I hope it stays good for you.

So  DH started telling me this morning about this "thing" and he said he was scared to tell me because he thought I'd put it on FB, so again, I'm putting it here!!  So he's been having butt burning and itching. And he said he's been having a lot of gas, and softer than usual BMs. I asked what he's been having more of or something new... so we realized that he's been having a lot more ice cream (he'd brought all the extra home from work and finished them off pretty fast) and he's been having more grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc. so basically more dairy. And I said he was getting older it could be lactose intolerance, and that wasn't so bad. So he said he doesn't want to start by taking some things out then more, so he wants to take all dairy out for 2 weeks, then see if he tolerates the low lactose things like yogurt and butter. He wants to join our club. How sweet!! So I went out and got the Coconut Milk Creamers - regular and hazelnut for his coffee. So far today he's been good. And most of the stuff I make for his lunches (in the freezer) are already safe (except the lasagna which is especially made for him). So we'll see how this goes.

And DS came home in a pretty good mood, just hungry, which really makes me think it's the carrots. We're having soft tacos tonight. I got the rice tortillas at WF, which have xanthan gum in them. I have to mark that down too, in case that's what's doing it. I hate it when something new pops up and I have to figure it out.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:

What if your DH just tries some lactaid.  That's the route my mom is taking.  I mean its sweet that he wants to join the club and all but.... 

I said that was an easy way to tell (the Lactaid) and he said he doesn't want "drugs". I actually think going off milk might help his asthma (I've thought so for a while) so I'm glad he's doing this trial. He's back to snoring all the time and he's been wheezing some lately (like when we did the kids' rooms the other day and Christmas eve when we went to his aunt's house with 3 dogs in the house (he'd been better for about 10 years with meds) which I don't like.  Then DD1 will be the only "normal" one in the house (she still has dust/cat allergies, so no one is really allergy/intolerant free).

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Moved from December thread because I meant to post here:

I just had a fairly bad reaction to something. I was driving back from picking up my Azure Standard order, eating dates I had just gotten (definitely cc), with a bag of chicken feed (definitely full of wheat) I grabbed from the dropsite for someone else, and I stopped at Goodwill to use the bathroom and check the tag sale. The bathroom reeked of fragrance from a cleaning product. After I peed, I went to wash my hands and looked in the mirror and my face, neck, chest, and ears were all red/blotchy and bubbly and I felt very hot, itchy, and faint. I washed my hands quickly and went outside. I was scared so I called my friend who I knew would be coming from the dropsite and asked her to stop and check on me. By the time she got there, my face wasn't very red anymore and I was feeling better so I decided to drive home. It's been about an hour and a half and all the redness is gone, I feel better but still a little itchy. Kind of freaked out though. Never had a reaction like that. I think despite the confounding factors, I am leaning towards a reaction to the cleaning product at Goodwill since it went a way fairly quickly once I was outside.

I did used to get panic attacks at the mall, and I know smell sensitivity was one of the main triggers. I haven't had any problems in a long time. The last time I can remember was almost 2 years ago when I was using Mrs. Meyer's cleaning product with geranium fragrance to clean the kitchen. I sprayed it and immediately got all light headed and hot. I didn't notice at the time if I turned red or anything, but this time I wouldn't have noticed how red I was except the mirror was right there.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Yikes deditus!  Glad you're feeling better now.  

Holy cow... DD is sick.  (This happens very rarely, and has never been anything more than a slightly runny nose, so this is a pretty big deal.)  She had a little cough last night, and woke up coughing this morning.  Cheeks are flushed, but no fever.  Weird.  She seems to be feeling fine though!

Just payed for my Hawthorn thyroid class and ordered my books from Amazon.  orngbiggrin.gif  

I'm also reading this book right now; got it ILL from the library... good stuff, although there's no way I'll be able to read the whole thing before I have to return it. :(  Want to buy it, but can't find it cheaper than about $250 for the current version!!  (it's a textbook.)  Seems like a good reference book to have though...

Really sleepy today... hope I'm not getting sick again.  Hope everyone is having a good week.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM

CS, do you have cell salts that your DD tolerates?  Ferr phos for the beginning of illnesses. 

Quiet day here.  I was at a friend's house all day, so the kids got to play lots which they enjoyed and I cooked some food so that she (the mom) has some lunches.  Always interesting to try new recipes for the first time when sharing with others--not completely great, but good enough. 

I've been on my feet a whole lot more than usual for the last 3 days, and wow, my knee, my legs, really everything south of my navel hurts.  But I managed to keep getting doses into the kids all day, myself too, which is tough when we're out of the house. 

Sandrine, glad you're feeling better, this really does not sound like a fun way to spend the rest of your pregnancy.  Dang. 

Deditus, that does sound scary.  Yikes, glad it went away so quickly.

Carren--well heck, if you wanted to start the new thread, then I think the job should be yours!  Yippee! 

CS--do you have a .edu email addy?  Amazon has student amazon prime shipping, it's for college-level students, not quite sure what the requirements are beyond the .edu email addy, but hey, it's free amazon prime shipping.  I haven't checked the details, a friend posted the link on her page but neither DH nor I are taking classes now. 

Kathy--glad to hear your DH is trying dairy-free.  I think a lot of things would improve for so many people if they cut out gluten and dairy, or at least one. 

Okay, we're going to watch Castle now, and then more pills then bed.  Wow, I am tired.  I may get a pillow and blanket to get comfy for Castle. 

Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM

yikes2.gif dd.  That is all.  Thank goodness for epsom salt baths, and no, no, no I really don't want to have to start looking at sals.  I don't actually have any idea what's triggering this, other than being way overtired by going to school when she should have taken another day off at the end of her cold.  But the reactions is exactly the same as after that evil blue watermelon lollipop.  Honestly, I think the trigger is peanut butter cookies for breakfast, but that's just a hunch and it's going to take a lot more than a hunch to get her and dh to agree that they're bad...  At least she loves school now and so had a few hours of doing great.

Ds is getting sick now.  Ferr phos, you say?  Ooh, are there salts for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger?  At least the anger half was at home, not at the store today.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloose View Post

Ds is getting sick now.  Ferr phos, you say?  Ooh, are there salts for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger?  At least the anger half was at home, not at the store today.

Ferr phos drastically cut down a few illnesses this year for the kids.  I don't know of a solution for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger.  I don't even know a solution for one half of that, let alone the combo.  hug2.gif 

Still pondering DS's return to peeing til his diaper overflows at night.  Maybe I just need to give it more time to resolve, but all the other stuff is gone, and I could swear that I read something recently (maybe Masterjohn's choline article?) about choline deficiency in pregnancy and kidney irregularities in the offspring.  I'm not thinking something hard core, permanently awry, but more of a weakness, a susceptibility--I need to get him to start working early in his teens so he can pay for ongoing acupuncture.  Just need to convince him that he'll like it. 

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM

omgoodness, deditus. Glad you had someone driving behind you to check on you and glad you ended up okay but how terribly scary!

love.gif to all

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

Ferr phos drastically cut down a few illnesses this year for the kids.  I don't know of a solution for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger.  I don't even know a solution for one half of that, let alone the combo.  " rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/hug2.gif">hug2.gif 

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/hug2.gif">Still pondering DS's return to peeing til his diaper overflows at night.  Maybe I just need to give it more time to resolve, but all the other stuff is gone, and I could swear that I read something recently (maybe Masterjohn's choline article?) about choline deficiency in pregnancy and kidney irregularities in the offspring.  I'm not thinking something hard core, permanently awry, but more of a weakness, a susceptibility--I need to get him to start working early in his teens so he can pay for ongoing acupuncture.  Just need to convince him that he'll like it. 

What's the dosing of the ferr phos? And when do you switch to nat mur?

Is ds full up on mag? Methylation? For dd, the overloaded nighttime diaper was mag, carpets and folate. Bandaid, trigger and detox pathway.

hug.gif Emily

Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ferr phos drastically cut down a few illnesses this year for the kids.  I don't know of a solution for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger.  I don't even know a solution for one half of that, let alone the combo.  hug2.gif 

Still pondering DS's return to peeing til his diaper overflows at night.  Maybe I just need to give it more time to resolve, but all the other stuff is gone, and I could swear that I read something recently (maybe Masterjohn's choline article?) about choline deficiency in pregnancy and kidney irregularities in the offspring.  I'm not thinking something hard core, permanently awry, but more of a weakness, a susceptibility--I need to get him to start working early in his teens so he can pay for ongoing acupuncture.  Just need to convince him that he'll like it. 

Drat - I was hoping for something for my wild, crazy, hyper child (she doesn't have the screaming irrational anger though).

Probably said it before but for DS and DD2, both of them have pee issues when they're reacting to a food...

DS was much calmer yesterday when he got home and fine this morning. Makes me think it's a food and not his glutathione (though I'm still not seeing any improvement with that). I managed spasms last night just with Advil, so not so bad, though didn't sleep very well. I just want to sleep on my side again!! Please?!?!  I think I'll start DS back up on the cell salts. I didn't see any difference last time but that was at the beginning of the summer. I'll try again.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 AM

Good morning! We are back to routine here. My girls are back at school and dh is back at work(he's a teacher). It's pretty quiet in the house now.My plansfor today, hmmm, not sure. I really need to do some menu planning and I really would like to have some food in the freezer so that I don't have to worry to much about what to feed everyone after the birth or after surgery, if I had to have one. I also want to plan a new routine for me and see what I can do to be better at housework. ugh lol 

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:

CS, do you have cell salts that your DD tolerates?  Ferr phos for the beginning of illnesses. 

CS--do you have a .edu email addy?  Amazon has student amazon prime shipping, it's for college-level students, not quite sure what the requirements are beyond the .edu email addy, but hey, it's free amazon prime shipping.  I haven't checked the details, a friend posted the link on her page but neither DH nor I are taking classes now. 

I have a few left.  I gave her some calc sulph, because that was the one that sounded most like her cough, and some bioplasma.  I made her some ginger/honey tea too, and she had some pretty bad poop- not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing (reaction) for the ginger?

I don't have an .edu email.  But I did sign up for the free Prime trial so that I could get my books tomorrow!  Because I realized that with the CE classes, your class starts as soon as you pay- so my class officially started yesterday.... and I have no books.  And 5 weeks to complete the class.  yikes2.gif

Quote:

Ooh, are there salts for wild, crazy, out of control hyper followed by screaming irrational anger?  At least the anger half was at home, not at the store today.

YES- the phosphate blend!!!  Not specifically for those things, but a great mood stabilizer overall.  I've seen definite improvements in myself with that blend.  thumb.gif

Got up early this morning... trying to get some work done before DD wakes up... better get back to that.  orngtongue.gif

Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Alright, anyone up for an allergy retreat this summer?  If she's better, I'm volunteering Kathy's summer house.  I really want to get together with some like minded people.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Heck yeah!  Oh wait... that's way too far of a drive for me.  orngtongue.gif

West coasters- how about renting a house on the beach for a weekend this summer?  orngbiggrin.gif

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Alright, anyone up for an allergy retreat this summer?  If she's better, I'm volunteering Kathy's summer house.  I really want to get together with some like minded people.

Pick me! Pick me! I'm going to be all better by then (except I'll probable be chelating by then but that's not so bad, right?). There's plenty of room for tents. But only 1 bathroom (but the septic is new so flush all you want!) and the kitchen isn't that big, but I've got lots of gadgets and appliances, because, well, just because. There are no WF or TJs. There is one health food store that isn't open on weekends and everything there is twice as expensive as it is anywhere else, but the regular grocery stores in town aren't that bad for supplies (and the only place I can find the light buckwheat flour, in case anyone wants to stock up). We can have campfires at night (and I can make marshmallows). The next door house is rented for the summer by the same family for the last 10 years. If people are there, there might be a nurse in residence (it's come in handy for me several times!).

Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Heck yeah!  Oh wait... that's way too far of a drive for me.  orngtongue.gif

West coasters- how about renting a house on the beach for a weekend this summer?  orngbiggrin.gif

Yes. Yes. Yes. Only I wish it coud be for a month.

EVERYone's grumpy over here. I want to live outdoors. So does ds. Dh and dd? Not so much. They'll get used to it and then they'll love it.

Where's that intensity of life knob? I want to turn it down a bit, I'm afraid it's going to blow out the speakers.

This totally seemed like a reaction from dd, not just her general ups and downs. Now to figure out if it's coming from her or me. Or school. I wish there weren't quite so many things that went wrong yesterday so I could type them all out for you, but my computer time is too warped these days. This life is a joke.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:

The next door house is rented for the summer by the same family for the last 10 years. If people are there, there might be a nurse in residence (it's come in handy for me several times!).

Way to sell the concept Kathy.  We have a nurse nearby, she's really useful around here!  Lol.  lol.gif

Wish I was closer.  Hoping I'm moving/settling in, cause Colorado is driving distance to the West Coast. 

Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quick question.

So DS has been moaning a lot in his sleep.  This is in the last month or two.  It corresponds to his adenoids enlarging.

Do you think its because he's not getting good sleep due to the enlarged adenoids or do you think its a food?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Hugs Shannon.  I would like to find that knob as well...

Carren- that's a hard one... I think it could be either one.  I know, totally not helpful.

Arg.  My eczema is SUPER flared up today; I was itching all night.  :(  Anyone want to place a bet on whether it's from eating crap (which I've really been doing all along, because I lose will power every few days to stay on my restrictions bag.gif), or because I started biotin and glutathione yesterday?

Double arg.  I got up early to get some work done... did less than an hour, and then ran out of work.  They've been short since the holiday weekend- I think they're just behind on getting stuff loaded into the system.  Sucks for me though, because it means that I'll have to cram at the end of the week to get my hours done. 

Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The next door house is rented for the summer by the same family for the last 10 years. If people are there, there might be a nurse in residence (it's come in handy for me several times!).

Way to sell the concept Kathy.  We have a nurse nearby, she's really useful around here!  Lol.  lol.gif

Wish I was closer.  Hoping I'm moving/settling in, cause Colorado is driving distance to the West Coast. 

I'm just saying. At least I didn't say her brother and father, who are also sometimes in residence, are undertakers. Because we really wouldn't want to need one of them! Were the marshmallows a better draw?

Quote:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Only I wish it coud be for a month.EVERYone's grumpy over here. I want to live outdoors. So does ds. Dh and dd? Not so much. They'll get used to it and then they'll love it.Where's that intensity of life knob? I want to turn it down a bit, I'm afraid it's going to blow out the speakers.This totally seemed like a reaction from dd, not just her general ups and downs. Now to figure out if it's coming from her or me. Or school. I wish there weren't quite so many things that went wrong yesterday so I could type them all out for you, but my computer time is too warped these days. This life is a joke.

Sorry you're having craziness. Hope it settles down soon for you.

Quote:

Quick question.

So DS has been moaning a lot in his sleep.  This is in the last month or two.  It corresponds to his adenoids enlarging.

Do you think its because he's not getting good sleep due to the enlarged adenoids or do you think its a food?

Why were the adenoids shrinking before? And why are they enlarging now? Do you know?

Still sounds like a food reaction to me though (and I think the adenoids are also a food reaction, at least they were for us).

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Carren, it seems like any waxing/waning of immune system stuff is showing up in his adenoids.  How's the B12 going for you guys?  Seems like that may be a big lever for getting methylation going for y'all and then for getting immune function better.  But from what you've mentioned and what Deb's said, getting B12 ramped up in your situations seems, uh, challenging (understatement).

Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm just saying. At least I didn't say her brother and father, who are also sometimes in residence, are undertakers. Because we really wouldn't want to need one of them! Were the marshmallows a better draw?

Quote:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Only I wish it coud be for a month.EVERYone's grumpy over here. I want to live outdoors. So does ds. Dh and dd? Not so much. They'll get used to it and then they'll love it.Where's that intensity of life knob? I want to turn it down a bit, I'm afraid it's going to blow out the speakers.This totally seemed like a reaction from dd, not just her general ups and downs. Now to figure out if it's coming from her or me. Or school. I wish there weren't quite so many things that went wrong yesterday so I could type them all out for you, but my computer time is too warped these days. This life is a joke.

Sorry you're having craziness. Hope it settles down soon for you.

Quote:

Quick question.

Why were the adenoids shrinking before? And why are they enlarging now? Do you know?

Still sounds like a food reaction to me though (and I think the adenoids are also a food reaction, at least they were for us).

Don't know why they went down before, just don't know.  He has a chronic Strep A infection so the going theory is that the Strep A is impacting his adenoids b/c he is constantly fighting a low level infection.  IF we can kick the Strep A (big IF) then supposedly the adenoids will go down.  However, we've been treating the Strep A for 7 weeks now and there is little to no change.  And it gets much worse when he gets a cold.  The ND said to give the treatment another 3 weeks and then we'll do a blood test to see if its been effective on the Strep A or not.  If its been effective but the adenoids are still enlarged then we'll know the adenoids are something else.

At this point, I would have no way to figure out what he might be allergic to.  He's been muscle tested by the ND & the chiro and the biggest thing they came up with is Soy.  And we don't eat soy.  So I have no idea what to remove.

And at this point we're all tired so its going to be a race to see if the adenoids resolve before we decide he needs to have them out b/c he can't breath and isn't sleeping well & isn't growing.

Quote:

Carren, it seems like any waxing/waning of immune system stuff is showing up in his adenoids.  How's the B12 going for you guys?  Seems like that may be a big lever for getting methylation going for y'all and then for getting immune function better.  But from what you've mentioned and what Deb's said, getting B12 ramped up in your situations seems, uh, challenging (understatement).

I have a hard enough time getting the vitamin B into myself, nevermind him.  He won't take pills.  I feel sort of stuck in that area.  Wish there were a cream.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM

This sucks.  I am whiny, I admit.  I'm making popcorn, phone rings, it's DH, asks me to look for a piece of paper and is unhappy when a) I have a hard time figuring out where he's even asking me to look, and then b) it's not there, and he has no other suggestions on where it might be.  I should've ignored his attitude, but no.  Phone call ends, my popcorn has popped all over the counter and floor, so I try to fix that and knock the butter over, ending up with a lot of butter all over the counter, cupboard front, and floor.  Any point in eating the popcorn now?  It's going to be cold by the time I clean up the butter.  Great.  So I now have nothing to eat and a huge mess to clean up.  And I just hurt today, I am achey and tired and I want someone to take care of me.  Ain't gonna happen today.  Bah.  Days like this, I want pizza--if it weren't for the kids, I'd probably order, but it'd be too confusing to them.  And probably by bedtime, good sense will have reasserted itself.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Carren, is the problem the B12 or other support supps?  I'm just using Deb's drops.  But other support supps would be a lot harder.  I haven't tried to teach a young kid with Deb's maple covered tiny capsules so I don't know how that would go. 

Old 01-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Feeling better today thanks for the hugs. I hope I don't become one of those people who can't go anywhere because they are sensitive to everything. Does the homeopathic principle of peeling off the layers apply if you aren't using homeopathy!? That would make me feel better, if I am just working through my old symptoms as I heal and getting better, not worse, lol!

Anyone want to come to the TwinCities in April? Cool conference, Dr. Bock is going to be there, Dr. Jaffe (I think he's the Perque guy), Dawson Church (the guy who wrote the Genie in Your Genes book), Dr. Tenpenny. Lots of great break-out sessions.

iMosaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

And 5 weeks to complete the class.  yikes2.gif

Wow - feeling ambitious I hope!!!

Hawthorn University's last webinar about basic lab tests was by a lady, Marjie C. Andrejciw that my friend said I should go see if we move back to MI. She owns gf store/co-op that I was member of when I lived there, is a holistic nutritional counselor and a DAN practitioner. I think it will be one the website soon.

http://www.hawthornuniversity.org/freelearning.html

Ok replying here to chlobo, I can't get under my quote box! So what are you using to treat the strep?

I have heard of using B12 cream to treat eczema, I wonder how that works?

greenmedinfo says echinacea for strep a.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/echinacea-may-control-symptoms-associated-bacterial-respiratory-infections

Quote:

Don't know why they went down before, just don't know.  He has a chronic Strep A infection so the going theory is that the Strep A is impacting his adenoids b/c he is constantly fighting a low level infection.  IF we can kick the Strep A (big IF) then supposedly the adenoids will go down.  However, we've been treating the Strep A for 7 weeks now and there is little to no change.  And it gets much worse when he gets a cold.  The ND said to give the treatment another 3 weeks and then we'll do a blood test to see if its been effective on the Strep A or not.  If its been effective but the adenoids are still enlarged then we'll know the adenoids are something else.

Wish there were a cream.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005

User Tag List