What to feed picky ds with multiple allergies? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was hoping I could get some help on things to feed my ds. He is very picky and allergic/intolerant to dairy, gluten, egg, soy, artificial colors, strawberries and almonds. Maybe peanut but he hates any kind of nut anyway. Most days he eats corn tortillas and re-fried beans, corn or rice cereal with rice milk and ham or turkey slices and that is about it. Sometimes apples or mango.

Obviously he needs to eat more fruits and veggies but it is very hard to get him to agree to that although I continue to offer. I need more kid friendly meal ideas. I fix chicken, rice and veggies a lot for dinner which he usually doesn't eat. Thank you!

#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We are all those plus so I will tell you what we eat.

GF pancakes.  Can add some fruits to jazz it up and add nutrients.  Maybe applesauce instead of oil as well (we can't do apples).

Sausages- We did Applegate farms ($7/box) but have now found another brand that's free of all those things and $2.50/box!

Chicken fingers-home made with rice cracker "breading"

White bean dip. They love love love that stuff

GF pasta. You can add lots of veggies into sauce.

African Stew.  My kids LOVE it! I sub sunbutter in place of peanut butter

Quinoa!  They eat it straight!  Great for protein!!!

Sunbutter on ricecakes

They are kit and miss on stuff like roasts and stuff.  It really depends on the day.  The Dr. assures me that most kids only eat a hand full of things and they survive.  I don't stress unless they decide they don't like one of these staples!

#3 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 01:40 PM

i will post more if i can think of it

my daughter, same allergies, loves Sunshine Burgers, if you can find them near you. we have been blending soups so she can't see the veggies in them, she eats a lot of rice pasta (tinkyada brand is the best!)   she loves avocado sliced up on circles of japenese sweet potatos, we fry up shredded potatoes (sometimes yams or sweet as well) like an omelet in the morning, topped with avos, an apple slicer/corer can make eating apples more fun, 

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#4 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM

also, smoothies are a great way to get fruit in them, we add acidophilous to ours...we make mac and cheese with rice pasta and a yeast gravy. (Roads End makes a quickie boxed version of this!) rice pasta with salmon and (vegan) pesto is yummy.

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page