Season Allergies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there anything that really helps seasonal allergies? My hubby suffers horribly from them and now my children also. He is on lots of meds for them and just don't want that for them. We have done honey but it doesn't seem to help maybe I haven't been as consistent as I should have with it. I'm thinking about trying them on some Claratin. My 5 year old has been to the Allergy doctor and they just wanted to start her on the allergy shots I'm not so sure about that hubby is on them so we will see if they work for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm so tired of them being snotty, coughing and sneezing all the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 AM

My son has bad allergies too, and has seen great relief from supplements (Even moreso than zyrtec and claritin!)  He takes at least 2000mg of Vitamin C, 2000-3000mg methyl B12, and folate in the form of MTHF.  Also, quercetin is helpful.  We were all completely amazed at his relief from these!  Our family doctor recommended it.  With the mB12, he takes at least one per day (they are 1000mg each) and generally takes up to 3 or 4 total before 2pm if he is having symptoms.  B12 later in the day can affect sleep at night.  HTH!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#3 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Could you tell me what brands you use?

#4 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM

We have other allergies too, so some of what we choose is to avoid those.  However, we generally use NOW methyl B12 1000mg cherry flavor, Twinlabs C from sago palm, and Thorne quercetin and folate.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#5 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post

However, we generally use NOW methyl B12 1000mg cherry flavor, Twinlabs C from sago palm, and Thorne quercetin and folate.

We are using all of the above also and have been impressed with how well it is all working.  We use amla for vit. C for everyday supplementation and will resort to sodium ascorbate when noses get really runny.  We also use the Thorne MTHF folate.  We have a liquid quercentin by Source Naturals and our methyl B12 is by Jarrow. 

I've also read that stinging nettles is very effective for respitory allergies, though I have no personal experience with it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page