Zyrtec gives my 34 month old nose bleeds, what about Claritin? Allegra?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son has various food and seasonal allergies, some quite severe to life threatening.  We are currently an a course of NAET treatments which have helped tremendously, but we still have major issues with airborne allergies.

My son gets a terrible post nasal drip, and apart from a persistent cough which disturbs his sleep, the drip causes him frequent bouts of croup.  5 times since Christmas including one ER visit which very nearly turned into a hospital stay for treatment as he could barely breathe.  He also gets frequent ear infections which I am positive is caused by his post nasal drip.

We live in Northern Arizona which is an allergy doctor's heaven, being well documented to have some of the worst allergy causing pollens and other airborne irritants in the entire country.  So the cards are stacked against us right now!

If you are familiar with NAET, the treatment is in stages, and we are not where we can treat the airborne stuff yet.  We have used Zyrtec on and off, but after one week he gets bad nose bleeds.  Benedryl does not relieve his symptoms at all.  We run a vaporizer which helps some, but just slightly.

Has anyone tried Claritin for kids, or Allegra?  I would love to have him take nothing, but unfortunately we can not do that.  I would really appreciate any recommendations you can provide for an OTC med that will help him.

Thank you Mama's

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page