nursing, 2 months of top 8 +corn...what next? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been off top 8 plus corn for two months (well, about 6 weeks of no fish) and am not sure what to do next.  DD2 is 9 months and reacted to dairy early on so I cut it out.  At first that seemed to do it but eventually she was having green, mucusy stools all the time and mild eczema on her face.  A few weeks ago her stools were too the point that they were more solid so I tried a little butter (DD1 always tolerated butter) and things got very loose and mucusy again.  It's been 2 weeks and they are not mucus anymore but still greenish and very loose-they just absorb into the diaper.  The eczema on her face is better, cleared near her eyes but still leathery on her cheeks.  She is also on Kirkman Labs pro-Bio gold, a full capsule each day.  She has had banana, apple, green bean, avocado, carrot and cucumber as far as solids go.  I am not sure how taking her off solids would go...she know what things she can have and screams at us as soon as she sees them.

Should I wait a few more weeks to see if things improve again?  Remove something else next?  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 PM

DS had green stools from foremilk / hindmilk imbalance which was remedied by block feeding. Not sure but I think food allergies and gut imbalance could also lead to green stools. DS had extreme eczema while I was gluten, dairy, egg, soy, corn, citrus free - when I went off tomato (and to a lesser extent the rest of the nightshades) his exzema and itching cleared up within the week. Maybe try removing 1 food and see if it helps.

#3 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

banghead.gif  Duh!  I think I figured it out.  I will have to wait a bit to be sure.  I went in for acupuncture a couple weeks ago and was detoxing!  I was having headaches for a week and half afterward and just felt like garbage.  I went in again yesterday morning and she did a gentler balancing treatment on me.  Already DDs bowel movements seem to be improving.  I am pretty sure I was spilling toxins like crazy.  Poor kid.  I feel like a moron that it took me so much to figure it out.  Oh well, it's done.  Can't go back, only forward.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page