Looking for school snack ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is autistic and he is GFCF we try not to do any artificial foods if possible. Does anyone have good snack ideas to add to his lunch? He normally takes a PB and J on GFCF bread and fresh fruit. He asked me to give him more food because he is hungry after finishing lunch. He asked for potato chips because the other kids get them. I don't want to do that, but need other ideas.

Thanks.
Maryann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 PM

I don't do artifical either, but we are not GF.   I send my son who is pretty picky, and I'm working on curing that!   a snack and lunch daily.   Things like PB&J and bananas or PB&J and honey.  He likes ham with mayo.   He likes pirate bootie and these brown rice chips I bought at costco.  I slice strawberries and add a spinkle of sugar or fresh whip cream.   I do pB&J on graham crackers, I make granola bars/bites.  

I have a blog, I am not sure if I'm allowed to post it?  But it's in my profile, the link that is.   Maybe it will give you some ideas that would follow your sons diet!?

Mommy to 3 gifts from God! 
Nate dog 5/15/04
Lil' G 11/8/07
My Shamrock 3/17/10
ribbonpink.gif
#3 of 3 Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 PM

We do hummus and rice crackers or cakes, or other bean dips, hard boiled eggs, homebaking ranging from GF muffins, cookies, granola bars, power balls (pb or almond butter, with finely chopped dried fruit, maple syrup, seeds, choco chips), pirate booty and popcorn with flax oil and engivita yeast.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page