Sharing some good news - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello fellow mamas

It's been a long while since I have been on this forum as I found it too stressful to read other people's struggles as it reminded me of how difficult and dark things seems in the first few months of my LO's life.  At one point, her pretty little face was covered with eczema, she cried every morning around 5 am because a bowel movement was coming and then she cried throughout she bowel movement...acid reflux, waking up every 45 minutes...etc.  

I also remember reading a few times about whether there are any success stories.  Someone wrote that we generally don't hear about them because those moms have moved on and they don't come back to the allergy forum anymore.  Well, I think it would have helped me if I read about it when things seemed so very gloomy.

DD is now 22 months old.  She has outgrown some of her allergies simply through getting older, I think.  She was not able to do brown rice, quinoa, garlic (I am sure there is a lot more) in the past, and they all seem to be okay foods now.  These changes happened without any known intervention on our part.  But for all I know, it might have to do with her supplements, water kefir and digestive enzymes.  

Moreover, this weekend, we went for our first bioenergetic Intolerance elimination (BIE) treatment.  It was very expensive ($175 for initial session), but we have heard good things and thought it was worth trying.  She was cleared for a number of things and we have tested 3 foods so far, and they all seem to be good.  She now has corn, eggs and pork in her diet.  Eggs was still problematic up until a few days ago (eczema), and we last tried pork maybe about a month ago and she ended up with a ring around her anus.  Wheat was supposedly cleared in this session as well, but I am too scared to try it still.

We also noticed another thing that happened after the session.  She has been fighting a cold for about 3 weeks now.  It got better for a couple of days and worse again...she had a very phlegmy cough with it as well.  The day after her BIE treatment, both the runny nose and the cough went away.  I now wonder if it's an allergy symptom that I didn't know about.  Oh, her morning bad breath is gone too!

So here it is...things do get better at so point.  Good luck hardworking mamas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you so much for posting this. As you said, not many mamas come back to share their successes and improvements in their little ones so it's good to read a happy story for inspiration! I guess all we can do is celebrate the small victories and keep going!

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

I don't know if this counts as a victory, but our family has settled into a good groove in regards to what we have to avoid.  No sign of allergies fading, but DD is growing, showing no signs of new allergies, and is eating well (better than 4 1/2 yo DD2 without an allergy in the world!).  She's even an amazing gymnast.  DH learned to make oatcakes that she likes and don't cost a fortune.  (I can't make them due to my own oat allergy).

Finally, after years of frustration we have a good stretch.  A victory in it's own way.

carrot.gif  broc1.gifbanana.gif

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

User Tag List