Tiny bumps all over face of 10 week old...pics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

X posted in parenting...

What are they?? My 10 wk old has had them for just maybe a few weeks now. They are mostly on her cheeks and forehead but she also has some on her arms and legs, none on her torso. When they first appeared I thought they were heat rash, but yet they're not red. She does have the occasional heat rash spots because it's in the 90's here and I wear her a lot. Is it clogged sweat glands, baby acne, eczema or dry skin, an allergic reaction to something? Nothing has changed as far as what we use (detergent-Country Save with 2nd rinse on every single thing we wash in this house, soaps-Nature's Baby Organics, lotions-dermamed baby lotion and healing cream..) or what I've eaten, she is EBF and has shown no reactions to anything so far. I've included a few pics of it but I'm not sure you can see it that well in them. Anyone know what this is??

100_9488.JPG

100_9489.JPG

100_9490.JPG

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I used to get something similar on the backs of my arms when I was young. I've heard it's a symptom of a dairy/casein allergy. You might try eliminating cow's milk and cheese for a few weeks and see if it clears up. Yogurt, butter, and eggs seem to be ok for me, but I know that's not true for everyone. You just kind of have to experiment to see what you both can handle.

Good Luck!

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Milia, maybe?  Kiddo had milia around that age.  It was hard to resist the urge to pick at them, but what's parenthood without struggles?  winky.gif

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#4 of 5 Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM

floiejo2

Hi floiejo2,

Did you ever figure out what this was?  Did it go away? My 6 month old just got this and I haven't been able to find any info anywhere!

#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just googled Milia and that's totally what it is! I've never heard anyone give it a proper name! There are lots of pics and info on it. In the case of infants the sites say to wash your baby's face with warm water and it'll just go away after 2-4 weeks.

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page