Soy-free prenatal? I had been taking Perfect Prental but I just noticed that they are made with fermented soy... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am nursing my 4 week old and I think she gets gassy from dairy/soy so I am trying to eliminate it. Anyone have recommendations?? I saw an old post recommending Thorne Research prenatal or Vitamin Code - they seem expensive for a month supply but I am willing to pay if they are free of allergans...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 09:48 AM

Don't know about Vitamin Code, but Thorne Prenatal is free of dairy and soy (They say that this product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates). I am dairy/soy/gluten/corn/egg free and I don't react to Thorne products as far as I can tell.

It is more expensive, but you can get a pretty good price here: http://www.pureformulas.com/basic-prenatal-90-vegetarian-capsules-by-thorne-research.html and they have free shipping (no minimum). You could also try iherb.com to see if they have better prices...

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 AM

Citranatal Rx is soy-free. The other varieties are not (the DHA supplement contains soy and is packaged in a blister pack with the other vitamin).

CVS appears to have a soy-free prenatal.  I'm going to call and ask if it truly is, since some companies claim to be soy-free when using refined soybean oil products.

Thorne contains d-alpha tocopherol, so it might be soy-sourced.  You might want to call and double check.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:35 PM

Dr Ron has a prenatal that is amazing.
http://www.drrons.com/docs-best-multi-vitamin-mineral-antioxidant.htm

Recent research has shown the importance of using the most carefully balanced and well-absorbed forms of nutrients in a multi formula. Every ingredient in Doc’s Best meets those criteria. We’ve used optimal doses of the cutting edge forms of key vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Six capsules provide:

• CoQ10 – 100 mg
  • Mixed Tocopherols – 200 mg, plus 400 IU d-Alpha
  • Mixed Carotenoids – 10,000 IU
  • Vitamin K2 (MK4 form) – 100 mcg
  • “R” form of Alpha Lipoic Acid – 25 mg
  • Folic Acid – 800 mcg
  • Biotin – 800 mcg
  • Methylcobalamin form of Vitamin B12 – 200 mcg
  • Phosphate forms of Vitamins B2 and B6
    and Hexaniacinate form of Vitamin B3
  • Magnesium Taurate (250 mg) to complement
    Calcium Hydroxyapatite (400 mg)