Hay fever and other environmental allergies -- natural solution?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Anyone have ideas, particularly fast-acting ones?

I have had hay fever symptoms since childhood. I have been on every prescription antihistamine there is, and none work. Since I started TTC several years ago (along with seeing all the complications and side effects my dad is going through with conflicting meds trying to keep him alive and upright), I finally woke up and decided I needed to minimize my exposure to anything and everything not-quite-natural. I ditched all the allergy prescriptions and am on shots only. They are actually working very well, except that now I've developed allergic asthma and needed an inhaler a few months ago. It's better now, but my doctor wants me back on Zyrtec. I am only taking it when "necessary."

The trouble is, we are heading to the east coast for a wedding and since I am from the area I know my allergies will be in high gear (and hotel rooms always trigger attacks for me). So I started taking Zyrtec this week to be used to it by the time we land. The REAL trouble is that I have been so irritable, grumpy and downright angry since I started back on it. I screamed at DS yesterday for forgetting to wash his face. He's 3. Really??? It's like the incredible hulk has taken over and the most ridiculous things make me spitting mad. I can't do this to my family, but I can't go on our trip with congested sinuses (the flight alone would kill me) and horrible allergy symptoms.

Does anyone have any ideas for something else that will work without the nasty side effects? I thought I was going crazy, but then I did a search online and apparently this is not an unusual issue with the drug.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No one?

User Tag List