IBs and eczema, elimination diet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I am new here and I realize probably a lot of what I'm about to ask is covered elsewhere, but I have done so much research lately that the thought of trying to weed through more is exhausting!

So, I went to a ND about a year ago and had the IGg (I think) blood allergy test done. It came back with numerous things listed in the red zone that I didn't feel had a negative impact on my body. Anyway, I have had "gut issues" for awhile now and also eczema that fades and reoccurs constantly. I am about to go on an elimination diet of sorts, just starting out with dairy and gluten actually as I do feel that one or both of these effects me negatively. My question is has anyone else had a connection between IBS and eczema? And how long do I need to be on the elimination diet before reintroducing? I've read a month in a lot of places. Now to get the inspiration to cook without dairy and gluten again :) I also have a question about supplements. I want to start a probiotic and flax seed and cod liver oil but I am unsure as to what are good brands and how much I should be taking. 

Sorry, so much information. Am I even starting off right or do I need to head a different direction?

User Tag List