IBS, eczema, elimination diet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I know my questions are probably mostly answered elsewhere but I wanted to get some opinions on my particular situation. 

I have eczema and recently sort-of diagnosed with IBS. Last year I went to a ND who gave me an allergy blood test with lots of things on it that I didn't feel negatively impacted me. However, gluten and dairy were on the list and I do believe one or both of these are affecting me. My eczema rashes come and go quite often, right now I am back in an awful itchy red stage, and my guts have been bothering me again. I haven't been feeding myself well lately so I think this has a lot to do with it. I want to start a partial elimination diet, actually only focusing on dairy and gluten. Do I need to eliminate these 2 things for a month? Do you have any resources for good recipe ideas that don't contain these things? I know it would be pretty easy to find I'm sure. I have felt very uninspired in the kitchen lately as I have not been feeling well so food doesn't sound great. Does anyone else have a connection between IBS and eczema? And do you think I am even heading in the right direction? The weird thing for me is that I have never had a problem (at least not noticeable) with food all through childhood. I am 21 now and have been dealing with issues for the past year or so. I am wondering if I can sort of cleanse my body is slow-leavened/soaked bread will be ok later on? Anyway, I am really interested in seeing what you all think. It is very overwhelming and hard to figure these things out. Especially when you have conflicting information all the time. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page