21 month old with *crazy* sleep issues, reflux etc. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been on this forum before about dd's reflux etc. when she was a baby. It was very helpful. We did an elimination diet for 6 months and there was no obviou improvement (sugar, wheat, gluten, dairy, soy and corn including hidden in supps etc.)

I still think she is allergic to something. Nothing else is explaining why she cannot shut down at night desite being a normal" kid and the crazy battles we have. I've tried everything.

So, I know I read about certain blood tests you often get done through a lab that look at a huge amount of allergens. What is it called? what do I do?I'm ready to try anything that could give answers. Due with baby nukber two in 2 months and I cant spend 3 hours with my screaming toddler neglecting the baby. help please. I know in mygut something is off. I also ordered the GAPS book. Her behaviour is most similar with sleep an sensitivity to stimulation to a child with autism yet she is very social, not delayed and ahs no other markers...

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#2 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM

ALCAT is one of the tests. There's also IgG testing. There are other companies that do intolerance testing. Food journaling.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#3 of 3 Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 AM

I just wanted to say that I have two, a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old. Both have food intolerances, we have found gluten to be a major intolerance (possible celiac) and they are also intolerant to dairy, soy, and most grains. Sleep is one of their major symptoms. They are never perfect sleepers, they both still wake up at least once a night but there's a huge difference if they've eaten something they're sensitive to...they wake up all through the night, toss and turn, my oldest gets night terrors. They both had reflux issues as babies and I'm sure they still do when they eat something they shouldn't, I know I do if I eat something I'm sensitive to. Neither are autistic but my oldest is very sensitive to sounds and light and it gets a lot worse if she's eaten something she's sensitive to.

I think you are wise to try again and see if she has food intolerances. There's a chance you just didn't eliminate enough when she was a baby and that's why there were no signs of improvements.  It could be something other than food but it definitely sounds like food to me. If you do the food allergy testing and find out she has a ton of positives then you are probably looking at leaky gut and the GAPS would be very helpful for that.

We haven't done any of the food allergy testing because of cost but I wish we could, I would do it in a heartbeat! Hope you find the answers you're looking for!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page