suspecting but need some allergy Knowledge pls. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, well me and my family or my partner's, dont have allergies, so i thought she wouldnt.

I never really did the 4 day wait rool, and dd started solids arround 7 or 8 months, and shes had many fruits and veggies, some yogurt, protein,and some healthy supplements and i knew i was supposed to wait until 1 year for wheat, but i gave her some and she loved it at 10 months

and i suspect this makes her constipated 1 or 2 days with nothing and then hard small stools. And i fed  it 2 her more times and ofcourse the amont of bread has been minimal maybe 1/4 or less of a toast. But its funny because she is very picky eater shell like something one day and not the next day, but bread she seems to love, but ive been cautious on it.

and also ive noticed a rash in the front too not just the anus, not to bad but she would never get them before.

And i always eat much wheat without even thinking of it and i BF only and before it never mattered so, If theyre allergic do they show it when mom eats it too ??

Does this sound like allergies ?? and does the amount count ? or maybe its just wheat itself tends to contipate ?

Just wondering, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

loving nature mommatreehugger.gif of mi little flower.gifblossom, born december 2010.

thumb.gif to selectivevax.gifornovaxnoIRC.gif ,    lactivist.gif familybed1.gif

namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

There is no rule yet about the best time to introduce food so I wouldn't worry about that.

It sounds like it could be a problem. I would suggest not giving her any wheat till the rash goes away and see if the constipation eases up and then try it again. If the rash and constipation come back you have your answer. It wouldn't be an allergy but an intolerance more likely.  There are some kids who can do a little of a food but too much makes them react so that is possible.  Also, so kids react to a food through breast milk and some don't.  Not real exact ;)

Good luck!

Tags
Allergies
User Tag List