My 8 year old daughter had some sort of reaction to something, and her lips are swollen, bright red, and extremely dry. She said they're numb.
Is there a natural remedy for this?
I've been having her drink a ton of water, and I was going to do benedryl, but the only kind I have in the house is some purple crap that's for sinus/allergies and it has 4 different drugs in it, aside from the artificial colors and flavors. (My husband bought it...he couldn't find any of the clear stuff that has less crap in it.)
Her throat feels fine, she says, so her lips are the only concern. They look terrible, and she is having trouble speaking.
Thanks for any insight.
P.S. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I can't figure out what she's allergic to.
I think if she's having trouble speaking, that maybe that's a concern that it could make breathing difficult? I know about the benedryl thing........we looked for some two nights ago and only found the sinus one at first ....ended up going with the store brand...and it was hiding in a weird spot. Maybe consider benedryl (with the extras)....but here's an allergy thought.............it may sound weird...but twice when we had our carpets cleaned by professionals, the next morning hubby woke up with swollen lips, eyes, and cheeks..........only ever happened when all that gunk in carpet came up.......Good Luck Mommie...hope she feels better.