Mamma Allergies - very strange symptom, anyone ever dealt with anything like this?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Long story made short, I have no idea if this is allergy related or not, but I dont know what else to think.  This is the second time I have dealt with this, and it was this same time of year (Christmas-time/Winter) last time it happened.  Basically, what is going on is that my lips are covered with a strange "rash."  I call it that for lack of a better term.  It started this time, about 5 days ago with very fine bumps on my lips.  It felt like i had kissed a bowl of sand.  The next day, my lips peeled and then the third day, they were fine.  Yesterday, however, I woke up and they were very swollen and covered in tiny bumps.  The bumps are on my actual lips and extend slightly around the edges.  They burn and are itchy, and when I rub them together it feels like sandpaper.  I havent been using any new products.  I am also dealing with some other strange symptoms that, I think, are unrealted.  Has anyone ever had anything similar?  Last winter when it happened, it took about 7 - 10 days for them to get back to normal.  Any thoughts??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 AM

Are you sure the bumps aren't cold sores (herpes lesions)?

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Have you eaten fresh mango lately? I get a rash like that often from mango. There is an oil on the skin that some people are allergic to. 

Tags
Allergies
User Tag List