my son face - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-09-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my son has exzema all over his face the docors have give all the creams you can think of i sick of being told just leve it, it go away but now over his back and on his arms he can not sleep and always trying to hurt his face it looks like ive burt his face people always give me bad like like im a shit mom i just want help my son xx help please !!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Eczema is an allergy. You'll need to do an elimination diet to find the cause. Also your laundry detergent and baby soap can make it worse. I use cetaphil as a baby soap, aquaphor cream, soap nuts for all laundry in the house - though some people use All free and clear with good results.
Usually the dietary causes are: wheat, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, peanuts, tree nuts or shellfish.
Check out this site:
http://healthygreenmoms.com/how-i-finally-cured-my-babys-eczema-in-a-matter-of-days/

It's heart breaking to see your baby suffer. You are a great mom for caring enough to do something about it. And it's so worth it to see your baby happy and healthy again. Sadly some moms think its not worth the effort.
#3 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmama1 View Post

Eczema is an allergy. 

No, it's not.  80% of eczema is not allergy related.

#4 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My daughter's eczema was caused by an intolerance to corn.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#5 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigrl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmama1 View Post

Eczema is an allergy. 

No, it's not.  80% of eczema is not allergy related.

You're right I should have said it can be caused by an allergy as in my daughters case. Or caused by a food intolerance. It can also be aggravated by things the skin comes in contact with like detergent on sheets and clothing or soap or dust mites.
In my experience removing the allergen completely cleared the eczema.
#6 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 PM

In my opinion, eczema is a reaction to something- whether it be an allergy, intolerance, etc. to a food, environment or something else- for some, it can even be stress or weather related, but trying to figure out what the reaction is to, is probably the hardest part. My son was covered head to toe for too long. While in hindsight I think it was a combination of things, the steps I think were most important for us were: allergy & intolerance testing (the intolerances were his biggest triggers food-wise), treating him for yeast-overgrowth, finding alternative doctors & the biggest help was traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Were not 100% clear all the time, but most days are great, his skin is so soft, but it wasn't from about 15 months until 3-1/2, during that time we heard the same thing- it'll go away, use these steroid creams, etc & they did nothing! If you want to read about our journey, I started a blog because of it- http://www.allergicadventures.com...its truly a painful journey, especially when conventional medicine doesn't help like it should, but feel free to pm me or comment here, I think knowing you're not alone was the biggest help for me!

SAHM to two boys & a girl. DS1 has eczema, asthma & is allergic to: dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, seafood, sunflower, yeast & garlic. 

#7 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 09:59 PM

Also wanted to add eczema is part of the atopic triangle- Eczema, Allergy & Asthma, whether your child has one, two or three differs from person to person, but they're all interrelated & it shouldn't be brushed off as 'just eczema'

SAHM to two boys & a girl. DS1 has eczema, asthma & is allergic to: dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, seafood, sunflower, yeast & garlic. 

#8 of 8 Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Same here, my guy had food allergies. Have you tried hydrocortisone cream, waiting a few minutes, and then slathering with Vaseline (or un-petroleum jelly)? We also do weekly Vaseline baths (no soap), where I wash him first, then slather him with Vaseline, and put him back in the tub for 5 minutes and pat him dry.

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page