gfcf cookbook: focus on whole "grains" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not sure if the title made sense, but like this:

we are going on a GFCF diet starting next week. My 7 y.o. DS exhibits quite a bit of ADHD- type behaviors. He has a number of sensory issues and works 2x a week with an OT, but we want to try diet as well. The whole family will be going gluten and caesin free, for ease.

I am looking for recipes (in a cookbook, preferably) for baked goods, snacks that I can send with my kids to school. However, since the past ten years or so, we've been really strict about using whole grains in the house, I don't want to take out the whole wheat and whole spelt, only to replace it with white rice flour, potato flour, etc....

What are some cookbooks for gluten free treats that use flours like aramanth, brown rice, quinoa, etc...? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

No answer, but this is of particular interest to me as well.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#3 of 3 Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook has been a great resource for us, its a lot more than great recipes!! (& lives on my countertop wink1.gif!) You can get it from Amazon & they also have a great blog. Also, The Spunky Coconut has one or two cookbooks out- I don't have either, but have gotten great recipes off her blog. Lexies Kitchen doesn't have a cookbook, but her blog is great! Maid in Alaska is also great for recipes (again a blog, not a cookbook). I have some other links on my blog- Allergic Adventures (http://www.allergicadventures.com), but mostly to blogs. I know Elana's Pantry also has some almond flour cookbooks out & Gluten free & the Chef has a cookbook, which I do have, but don't often use. Hopefully thats a helpful start!!

SAHM to two boys & a girl. DS1 has eczema, asthma & is allergic to: dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, seafood, sunflower, yeast & garlic. 

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page