Hair and body advice for salicylate sensitivity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm thinking that me and my daughter, and possibly my other daughter, have a salicylate sensitivity. We are all 3 gluten intolerant/possible celiac and casein intolerant, among many other food intolerances. I'm pretty confident I can handle the dietary restrictions since it's really not that different than what we're already eating, really just means choosing some fruits and vegetables over others and a few other adjustments. We already don't eat processed foods or processed meats etc. The one thing I definitely need help with is choosing hair and body care that is both gluten free and sals free. I've already tried the no poo method, did it for 6 months and am not really interested in doing it again for certain reasons. Since going back to shampoo, even though we're using 100% natural gluten and soy free shampoo, I'm having the dry itchy scalp again. My daughter is always complaining of her skin itching, from head to toe. We use castile soap which is definitely not sals free. I like using natural products but it seems like they all contain sals. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone use this? http://www.cleure.com/Healthy-Hair-Products-s/362.htm

#3 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM

Doctor Bronner's Magic Soup? It's natural, and the peppermint and lavender scents won't have sals and are approved on the Feingold Program. The bottle doesn't say "Gluten Free" though.

The Feingold Association also sells a list of stuff that should work.

#4 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I guess I was under the impression that since they have coconut oil and olive oil then they're not sals free? I would be happy to be wrong as I love that soap! :p

#5 of 5 Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 PM

This is such an old post but I wanted to reply in case anyone finds it helpful. Dr. Bronners is not good for salicylate sensitivity. I use Cleure for my daughter, and it is the only brand we use. I stock up for the year when they have big sales. smile.gif

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page