Almond Allergy?? Please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

A few weeks ago my 6 month old son's congestion got really bad. I (thought!) I ate very little allergy-related food. But noticed that I ate Bragg's with almost everything, had been eating wheat about once a week, and started eating tempeh about twice a week. So, I cut out soy/wheat, and maybe noticed a slight difference.

I ate a ton of almonds one day and thought I noticed a slight rash on my son's face, and his congestion was a bit worse. So I cut out almonds, too. He seemed to not be getting worse. (I have nnot cut out eggs.)

Yesterday I ate a considerable amount of almonds around lunch time, some ahi tuna (he didn't seem to react the one time I ate salmon, and the other time I ate tilapia) and around 2am he started projectile vomiting. He's throwing up a considerable amount of mucous, and it is now 2:00pm. He has vomited several times and it smells biley. His poop is greenish yellow and mucousy. And I am freaking out a bit. No fever, and he is acting okay.

My tummy seems a bit off too, although no vomiting, it feels rumbly and my burps are a bit on the sour side.

Does this seem like an almond allergy? Could it have been a combo of the fish and almonds? I would love some feedback soon. Thanks:)

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
#2 of 2 Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sorry for the vomiting! FWIW, I can only offer the advice to rub any suspect food on his back after lightly scratching the surface. This is how I identify all suspected food because my son has very reactive skin. My results correlate to the Allergist's skin prick testing. My DS does not have noticeable reactions to everything that causes him a rash or hives, but Milk, Soy, and Egg cause projectile vomiting when he eats them. When I eat them, it causes him to wake up more at night. If I don't eat them, he sleeps through the night.

Best wishes.

* I don't know how severe a reaction could be from just applying it to the skin, but please use all precaution. 

Momma to a weaning nursling DS1 (8/10) and expecting #2 pos.gif (EDD 9/12). DS1 currently Milk, Soy, Egg, Peas, Peanut, & Tree Nut Free (hives/vomiting).mdcblog5.gif lactivist.gif

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page