Pediatric Allergist in California that takes Medicaid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had to quit my job as a teacher to nurse my son that has gi problems and would not take an artificial  nipple of any shape. Now my son is on Medicaid and every doctor's office I called does not take it and told me so with as much derision as possible.

I don't understand. What am I supposed to do then?

I already know that allergy testing is expensive, poss. not even covered by medicaid, and that the testing is likely inconclusive due to his young age; however, I do not know what else to do at this point. Elimination diet for 10 months, daily food logs, and a long list of poss, allergies/intolerances that do not have a sensible link to each other. I have already been to a GI spec. who recommended I just cut more out of my diet and give him avocado--which he reacted to through breastmilk! Giving it straight to him does not make any sense.

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page