Menu Help!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I really want to expand the menu options for my daughter who has egg, tree nut, peanut allergies. But the problem is I don't really like to cook, I'm more of a baker. Does anyone have any helpful-easy recipes that they can share? Vegetarian meals would be fun as well since she's not picky.

#2 of 3 Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 AM

What sort of dishes are you looking for?  Breakfast, lunch, dinner?  Snacks?  Desserts?  Do you like all-American dishes, or prefer ethnic flavors?  Do you like spicy foods or simple flavors?

There are plenty of simple dishes that you can make that require little effort.  I love to cook so I love to experiment with all kinds of different techniques (pan frying, making soups and stews, roasting, etc.) but on days I just don't want to be bothered, I throw some stuff into the slow cooker and let it roast - mostly meat, but you can do that with vegetables as well.

I wouldn't look at what you can't cook, I would look at what I can.  With those allergies, you can still use most basic ingredients.  As long as you avoid processed foods (which might have those ingredients in them) you can make just about anything. 

#3 of 3 Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 AM

double post

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page