Please help.. anyone familiar with ASYRA allergy testing??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone hear of this? Had this done on DD to see what we could discover for her eczema. I don't know what to do now. I've been off soy, dairy, gluten and nuts which really hasnt helped. Now that we've done this test I didnt really see much of those products "discovered" to be allergies.  Should I switch gears and take out the products that came up for DD (I'm EBFing, so I'd be taking these outta my diet). 

What to do?? This eczema is getting bad and its making my head spin!? (not to mention how sad I am for DD and her itchiness =(  )

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Not sure what our test was but dd only came up positive to latex but she definitely was reacting to cross reactives through my breastmilk. (avocado,banana) She has other issues as well, gluten and salicylic acid, and I had to remove all of that to keep her from getting sick.

So, yeah if she has a confirmed allergy I would remove those right away. If she clears up and stays that way you might try slowly adding back in some of those foods you listed above if she tested negative to them.

It is hard, sometimes really hard, but totally worth imo. 

#3 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

So, yeah if she has a confirmed allergy I would remove those right away. 

This isn't an allergy test. It is for intolerances (i even call it that with say that with much suspect).

What you take out and leave in your diet is hard to say. It may give you a "jumping off" point but I have found that a detailed food log is much better at ACTUALLY getting to the root of the problem.  Also, something like 80% of eczema is not food related (may be environmental though).  

Good luck!

#4 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigrl View Post

This isn't an allergy test. It is for intolerances (i even call it that with say that with much suspect).

What you take out and leave in your diet is hard to say. It may give you a "jumping off" point but I have found that a detailed food log is much better at ACTUALLY getting to the root of the problem.  Also, something like 80% of eczema is not food related (may be environmental though).  

Good luck!

Whats the difference between intolerances and allergies?

Also, thanks for answering all my posts here! I feel like I've written about a thousand of these, all on eczema, throughout mothering.com!! Just wondering, where did you get the info that eczema is only 20% food related. I feel like everywhere I look in the forums and online its attributed to food of some sorts.  If its environmental (dust, mites, detergents, animals... etc) how would I figure that out?

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#5 of 6 Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

There are several types of immune system "factors".  

IgE- these are "true" allergies.  These are the ones that allergists test for with SPT or RAST blood tests. This is the kind that causes hives, swelling, anaphylaxis.

IgG, IgA- these are responsible for more GI related issues. They won't cause an ana reaction though some can lead to a type of shock in rare instances (FPIES).

There were some studies done where there were kids on ED's and they still were reactive via eczema.  80% of these kids sill had the issues even when on the ED.  Environmental triggers are more common for it.  How do you figure it out? There really isn't a good or easy way. Some people fine when they go on vacations that the eczema clears up and find something in the home. Some just treat it and don't runn circles trying to get to the root. Some people have had a lot of success with Chinese medicine (there is a Dr. in So. Cal I believe that people fly to see.)

I also saw your question on how to keep a food log. I tried many ways and find a yellow legal pad worked best for us.  I would write what I ate (down to the ingredient level at the beginning), when I ate it, what baby ate (if on solids), and things for baby like poops, sleeping, skin issues and anything unusual (if we went somewhere with a dog or cat, if they went to the mall or grocery store.  Thing like that).

Again, good luck with it all. It's a lot to try and muddle through. I have one with IgE allergies, FPIES and Celiac, one with intolerances and eczema and one who I am currently on an egg, dairy and soy ED with.  No two kids are the same which is good and bad I suppose.

#6 of 6 Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Making sure that the whole house is free of any carpets would really help with the itching - if its the eczema thats causing the itching. my sister has it and she used to itch like crazy. (the caroet attracts so much dust, even when u vaccuum like 3 times a day didnt make any difference). thats before we had the whole house refurbished. (wooden floors instead of carpets)This seemed to have done the trick. her arms and legs actually look really great now. not sore and red and blotchy looking when she used to constantly scratch them.

hope this helps

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page