Can you do a rotation diet while breastfeeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just started today but now I am thinking, can you even do a rotation diet while breastfeeding? (to determine reactions for dd) or does the time food stays in the milk make it way too complicated?

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Do you have any ideas what she might be reacting to? If you do, I would take out all those foods immediately. Start a food diary as well. Wait a couple weeks and see if there is any improvements. For us I originally took out chocolate and it helped a little. I then took out dairy and then tree nuts. We've been off dairy and chocolate for 12 days and off tree nuts for 8 days and ds's skin is totally clear! So now we'll wait a week or so to make sure his skin stays clear and then we'll challenge it. So I'll eat chocolate every day for a week to see if there is any reaction. If there isn't then I'll eat tree nuts every day for a week and see if there's a reaction. Repeat with dairy. By the end we'll have figured out which, or all, of those 3 are causing reactions.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

Do you have any ideas what she might be reacting to? If you do, I would take out all those foods immediately. Start a food diary as well. Wait a couple weeks and see if there is any improvements. For us I originally took out chocolate and it helped a little. I then took out dairy and then tree nuts. We've been off dairy and chocolate for 12 days and off tree nuts for 8 days and ds's skin is totally clear! So now we'll wait a week or so to make sure his skin stays clear and then we'll challenge it. So I'll eat chocolate every day for a week to see if there is any reaction. If there isn't then I'll eat tree nuts every day for a week and see if there's a reaction. Repeat with dairy. By the end we'll have figured out which, or all, of those 3 are causing reactions.

NAK...

I have almoat no clue! thats whats so frustrating.  so i dont know if a rotation diet is worth it if i really dont know where to begin with triggers

been off soy, dairy, gluten, shellfish, nuts, strawberries, chocolate for who knows how long now, and still, she flares up. perhaps it was the blueberries i ate the other day (3 days ago). thats what im thinking. she had a scratch test done so i am using the positive results as a starting point, but am still being cautious with the negatives in case if IGg or other delayed responses.

I guess Im worried about sensitizing her to foods i eat often. If I could figure out what the culprit is i'd be so happy, just havent.  I keep a food diary but it all seems so random, so ive stopped here and there out of frustration. was is the food i ate the day before, two days before or an hour prior to nursing? was it because we were out and she was sensitive to something in the environment?? very confused

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just came upon this thread. Have you tried eliminating corn? It made a big difference fo us after we got rid of milk, gluten and soy...

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11

Tags
Allergies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page