Yeast and Mercury Toxicity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wasn't sure where to post but we need some help> Here is some background on myself and my DD who is now 14 months. 

Yeast: 

I was diagnosed with thrush by a lactation consultant when DD was about 1 month old. She was never diagnosed by her Ped. 

Treatment- Motherlove thrush treatment for my nipples and her bottom (she was a little red in the bottom). GSE sprayed onto my nipples and in her mouth. Vinegar rinse on my nipples and vinegar in the laundry wash. Vinegar baths for DD and epsom salt baths as well. Custom Probiotics for both of us. I still give them to her, along with homemade juice kefir.

Poop:

She had green, foamy poop for about the first 8 months or so. It would just foam right out of her bottom like a million green bubbles. Once in a while she would have orange poop as well. She now mostly has darker orange poop.

Cradle Cap: 

Around 3 months it really flared up. In her hair, eyebrows, ears, bumpy rash on cheeks and neck. 

Treated with supplementing myself with biotin (her getting it through BM). Washing her hair with Bella B Gone Cradle Cap Shampoo. We still use it occasionally- she still has scales in her hair and behind her ears. 

Supplement: 

DD-She is EBF mostly. She also eats egg yolks and some purees. She is not too interested in solids yet. She also takes Carlson's Baby D3 drops. 

ME-I take Rainbow Light Multis, Fermented CLO or D3 (depending on what I can stomach that day), biotin, bodybio liquid minerals (changes by the week). I also eat bone broth a few times a week for minerals, homemade juice kefir every day and fermented foods occasionally (need to add more in!). 

Amalgam: 

I had all of my amalgam fillings removed in my early 20s (I'm now 30) before I knew anything about them. My dentist recommended it for "cosmetic reasons". I still have amalgam underneath 2 crowns. I never chelated that mercury and had a ton of yeast infections and utis throughout my early 20s. I always treated UTIs with antibiotics until I was about 25 I started treating them naturally. Haven't had one in over 2 years. 

Sleep:

DD always had to sleep on/with me until about 3 months ago. She will sleep by herself (naps) for about 1 hour. We co-sleep and I have to nurse her to sleep and lay down with her for about 15 minutes into her sleeping. She wakes frequently during the night. A lot of times it's every 1 or 30 minutes to nurse quickly and then falls right back asleep.

Medicine:

I have tried not to give her any type of pharmaceuticals (no antibiotics, no vaccines). My labor was 43 hours, vaginal, had 1 shot of nubain 3/4 through. She had to Vitamin K shot and antibiotic eye gel (we wiped off immediately) due to NYS law. Other than that she has had a runny nose twice and a fever once (all treated homeopathically), she also takes homeopathic meds for teething. 

Food:
We avoid Dairy, Gluten and Legumes (she is sensitive to all)

So, my questions are mostly about mercury toxicity and yeast. I do not want to chelate myself because I am nursing and still have amalgam in my mouth. I am not sure what to do for her. Does she most likely have mercury toxicity? Are her yeast issues *just* being passed from me or does she have a mercury/yeast issue on her own? Does my excess yeast pass through BM to her? What can I do for her to help her with these issues while still breast feeding? Any other ideas about anything? 

Thank you in advance! Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! :) :) :) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 02:53 AM

There's a website I occasionally visit at heal-thyself.ning.com that has quite a bit of information on the mercury/candida/chelation issues.  There's also a Facebook page connected to it where you can post questions.  You might find it helpful.  I don't have any experience with what you're dealing with, so no real advice from personal experience.  Maybe someone there can help you.  Good luck.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you jesshrehor! That is actually my #1 FAVORITE websites for this stuff!!! Isn't it fabulous!?!? :) I appreciate the response!!! 

Tags
Allergies
User Tag List