5 month old with diarrhea and mucus. Please help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My five month old has diarrhea and mucus in her poop and has had diarrhea for more than a week.  I've taken gluten and dairy out of my diet for the last 5 days and I haven't seen any improvement.  I'm struggling because she is waking up every hour or two needing to burp. She sleeps through the whole thing, bless her heart, but I have to sit up for 10 min or so and it's killing my ability to function!

Now I'm thinking the culprit might be yeast.  She'd had some mucus in her poop on and off recently, but I think the diarrhea started when I made a mix of walnuts and nutritional yeast in the food processor (so good!) and ate a bunch of that.  And I've continued eating it because it adds a salty nutty fatty goodness in place of cheese.  I'm pretty reluctant to go on a candida removal diet because it's so extreme and while nursing I'd have an awful hard time getting enough calories because I don't eat meat or fish or eggs (always HATED the taste of them).  I'll remove fruit and sugar from my diet as well as bread and cheese.  Do you think that will help?

Herbal tea and probiotics don't seem to be soothing her gut so far.  And I eat lots of fermented and cultured foods regardless.

Ladies, please help comfort by baby and help me get some sleep.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  

It may take me a while to respond to any posts because she won't nap out of my arms right now and wants all my attention while awake and my DH works until after she goes to bed, and I go to bed with her, hoping I'll get a touch of sleep myself.

Married to my favorite person (together since '01, married since '05), the hapa papa to my queeuty quapa DD, born 10/11.

We baby wear, co-sleep, cloth diaper, don't vax and intend to nurse for a good long time.  

I don't care what you do as long as it works for your family.

#2 of 2 Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are these the only symptoms? Diarrhea?
Any rashes, hives etc?

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page