Chat: How are things with you and yours? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Day before yesterday took my 5yo to her docs because the boo boo on her ankle suddenly took a nasty turn.  Of course it's Friday.  These things always happen on Friday (actually Saturday, so I consider myself lucky).  By the time we get there it is at least 3x bigger.  She needs an antibiotic shot.  Ugh!  She gets it.  We hang out in case of reaction (routine) and she starts grabbing her throat and trying to yawn, but she can still talk.  No swelling, but her blood pressure is tanking.  We lay her down and her color improves.  We think it's just a vagus response, but call 911.  Spend the rest of the day at the hospital.

Now she has a rash on her torso.  But it's faint.  She's taking Augmentin.  Every time she says her arm prickles my heart skips a beat.  Oh, right, it feel asleep.  orngtongue.gif

Crazy, and my thoughts are always on allergies.  My 7yo has a day where she is raging and crying all day.  She had an actual fried egg the day before, and I know that egg reactions are pretty soon after ingestion (she had tested + for egg, she's been doing fine with baked), but I still can't get my head off blaming allergies for everything!

Does all this make you crazy and paranoid?  

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page