Custom Probiotics question..please help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

My daughter is almost 3 yrs old. Which CP should I give her? She was on the Infant formula for the last year (approximately) which has "L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum , and B. Infantis"

Am thinking of switching her to the six strain one which has "L. Acidophilus, L. Salivarius, L. Plantarum, L. Rhamnosus, 

B. Lactis and B. Bifidum.

Is it too early for the six-strain? And I will be missing B.Infantis from the earlier infant formula..is that OK?

Thanks.

#2 of 7 Old 04-02-2012, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My kids have always used the 6 strain.  They started at 3 and 2 on them.  You can always call him. He's really helpful in figuring out what to use!

They are the best!  I tell everyone about them!

#3 of 7 Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

scsigrl.. 

Did you switch from the infant formula to the 6-strain? And did you see more die-off or anything to watch out for? 

thanks

#4 of 7 Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 AM

No, they were always on the 6-strain.

#5 of 7 Old 04-11-2012, 03:57 PM

I just called them as well because I was considering purchasing. The man was very curt with me when I asked what medium he grew the probiotics on and said it was proprietary and he has no idea. I find that VERY concerning. I asked if it was GMO as many like Jarrow use GMO soy. He said no but then I asked how he knew that if he had no idea what the medium was...he said he has thousands of customers and if I didn't believe him not to buy from him and hung up on me. I wouldn't buy from a company who doesn't know about their product and hangs up on people when they ask legit questions...ESPECIALLY to my children. 

#6 of 7 Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM

With as many people I know who have dairy and soy issues that use them, I am 100% comfortable with them.  I find it interesting that the only posts you have here are against a company who many of us use with no issue.

#7 of 7 Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM

While it is true that they will not tell you the medium, if you send them a list of problem foods they will tell you if it is ok for your lo or not.  Also, I called and talked to someone and asked what I should buy for my 4yo.  I was told the infant formula, but perhaps this had to do with her specific issues?  Either way, I would say call and ask.  Also, they will send you a free sample (which really lasts a while, which is nice so you really know if it is ok), BUT I had to email/call a couple times to remind them to send it.  Don't know what the issue was, perhaps I just fell through the cracks, but anyway I appreciate the large sample size.

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page