Allergies appearing during pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am about 30 weeks pregnant & have been battling some pretty intense eczema. Also just a ton of itchiness, especially after eating wheat.
A lot of food sensitivities run in my family, but I have considered myself lucky that I pretty much eat whatever I want without having noticeable symptoms. (outside of chronic migraines that I can never find a link to)
K, so back to original question, what about pregnancy would make the eczema come on full force.
It doesn't stop there, I have had symptoms of irritable bowl that is so painful.

Just looking for some advice. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Allergies are often brought on, droop off or change during a pregnancy. I have 3 kids. Lost all environmental allergies after #1.  Came back with #2.  Get better with #3.  The immune systems goes a bit crazy during pregnancy.  There's no way to tell how they will change things.

My only advice would be to stay away from the things bothering you for now.  Try them after you have the baby but really watch for reactions.

Good luck!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Yup.  Just another of those weird things pregnancy does to you.  Mine have not backed off noticeably.  Mainly it was my food reactions that worsened, particularly to peanuts.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
Old 06-02-2012, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

how odd, well thank you ladies for the input. looks like I need to reevaluate what I am eating. 

Tags
Allergies
User Tag List