How do you do your rotation diet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm thinking about doing a rotation diet for DD1 and then one for myself as well. But I don't know exactly how to work the rotating.

DD1 is sensitive to soy, wheat, and dairy mainly. She can finally have corn- yay! But not every day. I won't be giving her any soy, as that's her biggest issue apparently. But I would like to rotate the corn, wheat, and dairy. 

And DD2 is EBF and is showing signs of food sensitivities, so I'm doing an elimination diet. Unfortunately, I think she's sensitive to potato. It's crazy!! But I do eat a lot of potato. After being off potato for 2+ months, she was much better. Back to pooping every day, not as gassy or fussy. But I've been trialing it for the past 10 days and she's back to fussy and not pooping :( I'm hoping to be able to have it in a rotation diet. 

If you've tried a rotation diet of any kind, I'd love some tips. Do you do something like wheat on T/Th of week 1 and then dairy on M/F of week 2. Or is it just trial and error on my end?

TIA!

Barbara

#2 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM

I'm just rotating my allergy son here so I can't give advice on trying to coordinate the two of you. I think I would try to keep you on the same rotation though as much as you can. It would be easier in planning family meals. All of our meals are based off my son's rotation. Snacks, though, have some variation for the rest of us.

We just have a diet planned where we eat food families with four days between repeats. Honestly, I just do the same meals (and snacks for him) in a rotation schedule so every fourth day is x, y, and z while day 1 is a, b, and c. After a long time I did add in things that have been safe for my son more frequently. But most things are still rotated here. We do avoid his actual allergens altogether. I originally used the rotation to track down a few things that were intolerances (GI only; his allergic reactions range from hives to anaphylaxis so those are "easy" to figure out!). Now I'm using it more to hopefully prevent sensitizing to something else. He can eat (in rotation) one of the things he was previously intolerant to so I do think it could help you in that. I hope so!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#3 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 05:11 PM

When I did mine, it rotated things on a four or five day cycle so it was a different grain every day with the idea of any suspected food being avoided for four or five days and then tried again. Here's a PDF that's interesting.

And, I like the work of the Feingold Association, though they are more focused on food additives.

Good luck!

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page