Reactions or coincidences? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ds2 is just about 8 months, and has had banana 3 times. The first time, he had diarreah for a week after, but so did dd. She got a nasty virus. Dh had a tummy ache too that resolved quickly. So I wasn't sure if that was virus or reaction. The next time, an hour later he vomited. Not spit up, full on vomit. He did have a cough at the time and right before throwing up he was coughing hard, and it made me wonder if it was the coughing that made him puke rather than the banana in his tummy. The last time, within a couple hours he was a little more fussy and clingy, ready for bed earlier than expected, and developed a fever during the night. He had the fever all yesterday and still does this morning. No other symptoms. No rash or anything, but I just can't shake how weird it is that every taste of banana is followed by something! Any ideas if the banana is at fault or simply at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#2 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm not sure.  I have never heard of food allergies causing a fever, but I suppose it could.

#3 of 4 Old 07-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have never heard of banana causing fever, but I have a couple of food allergies that cause vomiting.  My allergist says its my body trying to get rid of something before it kills me.  I would avoid the bananas for a while and then try a small amount when everyone is healthy.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#4 of 4 Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I would not think its a banana allergy. First it is not a common allergen and second those are all delayed reactions. My DS has FPIES to bananas where he'll go into shock. It it isn't considered an allergy because it mainly caused GI reactns and not the typical itchy mouth, skin,breathing issue type reaction.

I would do what a PP suggested. When everyone is healthy try a bit again. Hopefully you'll see either a direct reaction or none and you are good to go..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page