How to prioritize reintroduction of foods - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ive been off lots of foods for Dds eczema because she reacted to certain things through breastmilk. Here are a list of foods I ve been off of:

Dairy
Soy (sort of. I've been exposed to soybean oil and she seems ok)
Gluten
Oats

Corn (sort of) -she seems ok if there is a corn derived ingredient in something (maltodextrin.. Etc) but if I have tortilla chips (corn, sunflower oil, and she seems ok with sunflower seeds) she seems to react

Oranges
Tomatoes (too much or raw tomatoes seems to cause a reaction)
Quinoa

And then the Following because she tested "positive" on the skin prick test
Chocolate
Strawberries(so I avoid all berries)
Shellfish
Almonds and peanuts (avoiding all nuts)
Eggs

I was off coconut and coconut oil for a while and have reintroduced it recently. Seems ok with the oil and I will see about coconut milk. It's been about two days since I had the milk.

What should I introduce next? Is there anything that would make sense to try out or some kind of rhyme or reason in the order of which to try stuff?? Should I just g with what I like?

I did dairy a couple months ago and although she tested negative for allergies to it, she just seemed to break out everywhere.

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If she has tested positive to things what did the allergist say about introducing those? I would get guidance from them on those.

As for what to reintroduce when, it's really up to you. Ma y people just go for whatever would open up the most options (usually dairy, gluten, egg, soy). If there is a family history of Celiac it is suggested on holding off of gluten till over a year.

But again, false positives are high with testing but I would not reintroduce anything she did test pos for until you talk to the Dr.
#3 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 PM

I would introduce fermented foods and other foods high in nutrients (both vitamins and minerals), starting with 1Tbsp per day for 3 days then upping it slowly to help heal your gut and provide both of you with good probiotics. Stay off of gluten and grains, those can weaken your gut and cause secondary reactions with all the other things.

Take a look at the foods introduced in the GAPS protocol (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) as well as http://heal-thyself.ning.com/notes/14_Steps_for_Healthy_Guts . Good luck! :)

#4 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamsmama View Post

I would introduce fermented foods and other foods high in nutrients (both vitamins and minerals), starting with 1Tbsp per day for 3 days then upping it slowly to help heal your gut and provide both of you with good probiotics. Stay off of gluten and grains, those can weaken your gut and cause secondary reactions with all the other things.

http://heal-thyself.ning.com/notes/14_Steps_for_Healthy_Guts . Good luck! smile.gif

Thanks. You mean for myself or both of us? I don't think she could chew fermented stuff. And is she is dairy sensittive would that mean that things like kefir and yogurt are out?

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Tags
Allergies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page