#1 of 2
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am shopping for new washer and dryer and anyone who could help to get
a perspective please do so. thanks! here are my conserns:
- we have top loader, every time we do loundry now .. there is lot of volatiles coming out of it, I know that it is not as bad as using conventional detergents but even the ones we do do contain things like baking soda and borax etc.. so that stuff still gets into the air and howeverit is better it is still chemical to a degree. Therefore I hope to buy a washer with front loading that is sealed tight, I hope that it won't emit the detergent air into the house. Correct? or does it still do it.
- the same about dryer, our current dryer is old fashion front loader wthout the window, just a still door, and I wonder if newer dryer will be bettter sealed as you can really smell the air from it, hot items even if you use natural detergents.. but the items still have colors and fabrics and when they worm up they do release something into the air right? so.. do you think that sealed modern dryers are better in keeping indoor air clean? btw.. cloth line not an option... so next question...
- which of the washers would you recommend as the one that has the most powerful spinning cycle so the loundry comes out so well spinned that there is almost no moisture so that will dramatically reduce drying time.
- which washer do you think will do great job on washing with natural detergents that are not as strong as the conventional ones that we will NEVER go back to, but.. which one woudl wash great and would not use too much energy to warm up water. Or is it one of the other, I know that modern chemical detergetns aredesigned to wash in almost cold water but I don't want to use them, so am I sentenced to use hotter water to do good loundry or is there a middle ground.. a washer that has lots of power and sensors or someting thatwill do great washing job wihtout hot water and chemicals?
- can you recmmend a particular brand or features of any brand that I should pay attention to?
- what features are important in eco friendly washers and dryers
- what features I will never use.. or you never use and are totally obsolite
- how big would you recommend? biggest to do less loads or smaller to use less water and energy? we havee enough space to do either one.
- are there any bad ones that you experienced and absolutely do not recommend and why?
thanks, I really appreciate any help. It is so much money and great responsibility so I want to make a good purchase with your help.
#2 of 2
09-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Hi. I'm bumping up your post for attention. I have a front loading washing machine and use natural detergents and have been very happy. Anyone else have experiences to share?