Rotation Diet Questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you following a rotation diet for multiple food sensitivities, do you rotate meat and eggs as well? I was reading about rotating foods every four days, and not eating foods in the same family every day but rather every other day. They had meats on this list and I never thought about those being an issue. I recall my chiropractic internist saying that meats are very rarely allergens so maybe it's not necessary to worry about that? I have 36 food intolerances that I am trying to heal as well as Celiac so I haven't been successful at a rotation diet. It's so overwhelming, especially with my daughter's salicylate sensitivity. I think I have become sensitive to something else though so I really need to rotate my foods more carefully.
Also, how long did you all follow a rotation diet before testing foods that you are intolerant to?
Are you strict with following the rotation? I have family in town the next 2 weeks and I know there will be a lack of support for this. My family thinks I am crazy with my natural parenting/living ways as it is. Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Personally, I tried to rotate the meats but wasn't that concerned about it. For me, I hate eating the same type of meat all the time, anyway, so it isn't that difficult. What I would do is worry more about the number/types of meats, like just start off with, say, chicken and beef. I wouldn't do chicken, pork, beef, fish, duck, etc. all at once. Does that make sense? 

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#3 of 3 Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We rotated just about everything for 2 years. Two of my kids were sensitive to 80-85 foods, and not the same foods. DD2 couldn't have beef (still can't, and now I can't either) and DS couldn't have chicken or turkey at the time either. So we rotated meats as well as everything else. I think the only things I didn't rotate were sea salt and olive oil. Even pepper was rotated since DS couldn't have that either. We did the ALCAT test to determine sensitivities for them. That was 4.5 years ago. Now DD2 just avoids cow dairy (got sheep and goat milk back), gluten, and beef. And DS just avoids cow dairy, gluten, soy. He got eggs back as long as the chickens didn't eat any soy. And we just trialed him on white potato, which I think is a pass. It took longer than ALCAT said to get foods back, but that's okay, at least we got most of them back!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page