Where to start? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am having major sleep issues with my 10 month old.....so I thought maybe I should try an elimination diet. I just feel like wow, what am I supposed to eat! I found one diet that includes fruits, another that says no. I'm already a vegetarian. Then I'm reading all this info that it may take 5 days for diet to affect baby, so even keeping a log, how is that going to be helpfully. I'm so desperate, but it can't really be healthy to leave on rice and potatos for 2 weeks. I didn't even think about the almond milk I was putting in my smoothies. Ugh, I'm so hungry! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I swear I'm not stalking you.   smile.gif   I just replied to your co-sleeping post and thought to read the Allergies board b/c of what I went through with my DD.

I was on the Dr. Sears Elimination Diet. I know you're a vegetarian, so the range fed turkey on that diet wouldn't be an option, but there are a lot of other good suggestions on that site. It takes some time for your body to adjust. I was starving at first too. It will actually take 2-4 weeks for you to see the full effect of the elimination diet on your baby.

Do you have a good LC in your area? You could reach out for support, or maybe they even have a support group you could attend. It would help to talk with other moms who are going through similar issues.

Tags
Allergies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page