Anyone else experience detox symptoms after cutting out all dairy? - Mothering Forums
Allergies > Anyone else experience detox symptoms after cutting out all dairy?
Pepper44's Avatar Pepper44 01:54 PM 02-22-2013
On Monday we confirmed that 2.5 year old DD is allergic to milk, so DD and I have cut out all dairy including hidden casein. Ever since then I've been feeling absolutely terrible! Headaches, very dizzy and weak, exhausted. I thought it was some crazy pregnancy symptoms, but today I started having an angry gut and icky poop and it dawned on me that this could be detox from dairy.

Curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and how long it lasted.

We've also cut out oats, strawberries, bananas, and pork for a month because they were +1 reactions from the skin testing. DD was having constant belly aches and terribly foul gas. That's all gone after only 5 days, except for the occasional complaint about her belly hurting. I'm hoping we'll be able to add some of those back into our diets eventually because they were her favorite foods and she's a picky eater!

EchoSoul's Avatar EchoSoul 02:27 PM 02-22-2013

My son's allergic to reduced fat milks and ingredients due to all the chemicals and crap in them, but handles whole milk and its ingredient in products just fine. We never got it tested, it was a trial and error sort of thing. He did have rank poos for a little while, but it cleared up after a week. You could try drinking some Apple Cider Vinegar for a little while to help detox your system, :)

Tags: Allergies
Up